Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 24, 2015, 09:35:42 PM
The choice of Roscommon for this match puts Hyde Park back on the map for big matches, even before the redevelopment takes place. Wouldn't it be fitting if Andy Moran wins the 5 in a row on home soil!!. Don't rule Sligo out in Hyde Park.. The business people in Roscommon town will be thrilled .
From All Ireland contenders, to living out your dreams through Andy.....poor craatures

Farrandeelin

Us Mayo/Sligo season ticket holders will get seats I assume?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on June 24, 2015, 09:43:04 PM
The choice of Roscommon for this match puts Hyde Park back on the map for big matches, even before the redevelopment takes place. Wouldn't it be fitting if Andy Moran wins the 5 in a row on home soil!!. Don't rule Sligo out in Hyde Park.. The business people in Roscommon town will be thrilled .
From All Ireland contenders, to living out your dreams through Andy.....poor craatures

We're only out of the race for the Nestor ballinaman..

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

sligoman

I've never had any issues with Hyde, always been in side terrace when I've been there and it's grand. Not keen on Castlebar as a ground at all.

highorlow

No skywhale!

I just heard that the Ross county board got this through by offering to convert the bus into a jacks and putting it behind the stand for the day.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 24, 2015, 10:05:37 PM
http://mayogaablog.com/?p=16648  lmfao

It was almost worth losing to ye to get to see Willie Joe shit himself about going to the Hyde.

Mayo's last three performances there (Ros 2011, Sligo 2012 and Ros 2014) have been less than stellar too..

macdanger2

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2015, 10:15:50 PM

It was almost worth losing to ye to get to see Willie Joe shit himself about going to the Hyde.

Mayo's last three performances there (Ros 2011, Sligo 2012 and Ros 2014) have been less than stellar too..

A repeat of any of those would do us nicely  ;D

Farrandeelin

I've no problem with Hyde Park to be honest. In fact I have no problem anywhere with any venue. I am probably alone in my thoughts with that. I just wonder how many seats there are and if I'll get one. ;)

PS, they're right about the small Mayo support (over on the blog) in 2011. I wonder when this team's cycle ends will the support base decline again?

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 24, 2015, 10:25:39 PM
I've no problem with Hyde Park to be honest. In fact I have no problem anywhere with any venue. I am probably alone in my thoughts with that. I just wonder how many seats there are and if I'll get one. ;)

PS, they're right about the small Mayo support (over on the blog) in 2011. I wonder when this team's cycle ends will the support base decline again?
2011 was hilarious, i down the graveyard end. It was like somebody had a high powered fan and a hose.....some craic. Back of me was bone dry.

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2015, 09:49:50 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 24, 2015, 09:43:04 PM

We're only out of the race for the Nestor ballinaman..
You should go for the Roscommon PRO job

Farrandeelin

Haha yea, ballinaman, I do look at An Spailpín Fánach's blog every now and again at the 'Championship 2011' files and boy the nets were fairly blowing that day too.

highorlow

Quote[Make castlebar the clones of Connacht and to hell with what anyone else thinks . It's absolutely shit rule this , castlebar gettin nothing and it a great ground and home of the best team in the province with the most support by a mile./

Shur Larry what more do you need in July? A few pints in regan's a quick visit and prayer for Ruairi and into the field for a historic Connacht final.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2015, 10:15:50 PM

Where in that post does he indicate he is shittin himself? We will shot before we go though as you wouldn't ask a dog to go to the toilet in that kip.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2015, 09:41:28 PM

Hopefully the minors make it so we can siphon away some of the tickets.

Christ, even when ye get run out of town on a rail, like ye were on Saturday night ye behave like ye 're leading the parade ::) ::) Ye ve got some nerve, I ll give ye that.

I cant see any mad rush for this one. Sligo had maybe 4000 on Saturday. Can t see a huge demand from there with only the most optimistic expecting a win. I dunno what attraction a possible/probable 5-in a row would have for the summer fans in Mayo? The massive crowd for a league game against the Dubs shows what potential there is for big crowd from Mayo. Still 21,000+ turned up for the 13 London final. But I suspect that the Hyde will be a hard sell. It is not spectator friendly. The main terrace gets awful tight and standing for 2 games is not much fun. The stand viewing is like looking through the wrong end of a telescope. It s like you re in a different timezone. All of McHale Park is seated which is something in itself.

Anyway the Hyde won t bother us. The first half of the 4 in a row was won there. It's just the nuisance of the bloody place. Bit like these European Games being held in Baku - who thought that was a good idea?

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 24, 2015, 09:46:10 PM
Us Mayo/Sligo season ticket holders will get seats I assume?

You will, but where are you going to watch the game from?