Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 24, 2015, 07:00:05 PM
Sligo won their last one in the Hyde in 2007. A good omen hopefully

Well, if you ignore the 2012 Connacht final..

Goin Down

The capacity of Markievicz Park surely isn't much less than that? 18500? The arrangement seems fairly pointless if the capacity of the neutral venue can be 20,000!  ::)
Remember This.

Syferus

Quote from: Goin Down on June 24, 2015, 07:43:16 PM
The capacity of Markievicz Park surely isn't much less than that? 18500? The arrangement seems fairly pointless if the capacity of the neutral venue can be 20,000!  ::)

Marky is far smaller than the Hyde even with revised capacities..

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Can't believe that, I thought they deemed that shithole "unfit to host Connacht Finals" it doesn't even have toilets ffs
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Goin Down

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2015, 07:45:58 PM
Quote from: Goin Down on June 24, 2015, 07:43:16 PM

Marky is far smaller than the Hyde even with revised capacities..

Doesn't matter anyways, there's a game to be played and now that can be focused on! Will be strange if it sells out though and a third of the place will be empty
Remember This.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 24, 2015, 07:00:05 PM
Sligo won their last one in the Hyde in 2007. A good omen hopefully

Lost 2012 one against Mayo...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

weareros

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 24, 2015, 07:47:39 PM
Can't believe that, I thought they deemed that shithole "unfit to host Connacht Finals" it doesn't even have toilets ffs

Well I remember walking in for the minor match in 2012 and the first person I saw was a gentleman in a purple jumper and glasses. I made a point of complimenting him on how well the Hyde looked (the portapottys were sparking at this stage and there were some makeshift signs with arrows warning people on the areas to avoid, in deference to the Slattery Report).  He seemed very happy with everything and I got a bit of plamas on what a great job we did. In fact I was surprised when it was downgraded the following year and even more surprised that it's back in business for Connacht finals again. Will wonders ever cease.

whitey

Well if any supporter gets hurt or injured (apart from their feelings) there could be one heck of As lawsuit

moysider

Ah well, there goes the plans for rendezvous for a few pints in PJ Flaherty's and a Sunday night in Salthill by a sea. We ll have to make do with a dry run to the midlands instead.
Syferus worked some magic to get the Hyde in the frame. The kid's got some pull and neck. Well done to you.

macdanger2

Limerick would be a better option ffs  ;D

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 24, 2015, 07:47:39 PM

Just use the jacket pockets in front of you.

larryin89

Make castlebar the clones of Connacht and to hell with what anyone else thinks . It's absolutely shit rule this , castlebar gettin nothing and it a great ground and home of the best team in the province with the most support by a mile.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Shrewdness

The choice of Roscommon for this match puts Hyde Park back on the map for big matches, even before the redevelopment takes place. Wouldn't it be fitting if Andy Moran wins the 5 in a row on home soil!!. Don't rule Sligo out in Hyde Park.. The business people in Roscommon town will be thrilled .

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 24, 2015, 09:35:42 PM
The choice of Roscommon for this match puts Hyde Park back on the map for big matches, even before the redevelopment takes place. Wouldn't it be fitting if Andy Moran wins the 5 in a row on home soil!!. Don't rule Sligo out in Hyde Park.. The business people in Roscommon town will be thrilled .

Hopefully the minors make it so we can siphon away some of the tickets.