Cavan v Roscommon

Started by Shrewdness, June 22, 2015, 09:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Carrs word of the day is "penetration", he missed his calling in ufc also, blatantly loves punching off the ball

twohands!!!

Quote from: LCohen on July 04, 2015, 06:26:12 PM
Cavan really are craap to watch. Must  great life  for a Cavan player to slog your guts out to play in that system and it gets you no further than actually playing a bit if football.  Hey-ho 7 minutes to prove me wrong. The Rossies don't look brilliant so I suppose it could happen

Ros have had plenty of chances to close this game out far more comfortably but their wastefulness/sloppiness has helped keep Cavan slim hopes alive.

A more experienced battle-hardened team the likes of they will be playing in Division 1 would have been far more comfortable down the home stretch against 14 men.

twohands!!!

Ros 2-16 Cavan 1-14 67th minute

manfromdelmonte

Cregg MOTM?
Tommy Carr, you are an idiot

theticklemister

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 04, 2015, 06:30:31 PM
Cregg MOTM?

Yeah, should have been Larry Reilly

twohands!!!

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 04, 2015, 06:30:31 PM
Cregg MOTM?

Mind-boggling.

I'd say Cregg would be a bit embarrassed picking up the award.

Ros 2-17 Cavan 1-14 69th minute

twohands!!!

Ros 3-17 Cavan 1-15 70th minute

Ros literally walk through the Cavan defence to put a gloss on the scoreline with a goal.

manfromdelmonte

Enda Smith was far better than any other Ros player

twohands!!!

Ros 3-17 Cavan 1-16 FT

The Rossie bus rolls on.

BennyHarp

Cavan were very disappointing. Seemed to accept defeat far too easily. I see the Roscommon number 10 was at the old sledging - tut tut!!
That was never a square ball!!

theticklemister

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 04, 2015, 06:35:26 PM
Ros 3-17 Cavan 1-16 FT

The Rossie bus rolls on.

All ireland is still alive

From the Bunker

Tommy Carr set the tone for this game!  Jez what a yawn fest!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 04, 2015, 06:34:39 PM
Enda Smith was far better than any other Ros player

Nice player, good attitude too.
#newbridgeornowhere

cavanmaniac

I think it's time for Hyland to pack it in at this stage. He's there long enough to at least gave some sort of attacking blueprint in place but on the evidence of today Cavan are no longer progressing under his stewardship.
It's worth reminding though that at least now Cavan have players that give their all and have pride in the shirt and for that Hyland deserves some credit but there's talented underage footballers in the county who need to be grown in an environment where attacking is not treated as a nuisance or an afterthought. Thanks Terry for restoring a bit of pride but the limitations of the tactical approach are all too apparent if not embarrassing at this stage.  Time for a new direction.

Fair play Ross,  in hindsight,  this weak Cavan challenge was the perfect recuperation.  Without doing anything too noteworthy it was a comfortable and deserved win.

Main Street

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 04, 2015, 05:57:45 PM
and there's the red card
Cavan tried to pull a fast one
They probably thought it was a smart move at the time.

I thought  Enda Smith  took about 20 road runner steps, before scoring. I didn't think the ball hit the ground when he lost control.