USFC SF: Monaghan vs. Fermanagh, Sunday June 21st 2015 at 4pm, TBC

Started by GrandMasterFlash, June 05, 2015, 01:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

I suppose the first debatable point is; where will/should it be played?

Clones got both semi finals in the past few years but I'm not sure if that's automatic. Obviously I'd prefer Clones but realise it's not exactly neutral for Monaghan..

I heard it said that if Antrim won it would be Breffni and if Fermanagh won it would be the Athletic Grounds.

charlie linkbox

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 05, 2015, 01:48:02 PM
I heard it said that if Antrim won it would be Breffni and if Fermanagh won it would be the Athletic Grounds.

The other way around surely!

I'd say Breffni is the logical place for it if it's supposed to be a neutral venue.

armaghniac

Quote from: charlie linkbox on June 05, 2015, 01:52:25 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 05, 2015, 01:48:02 PM

The other way around surely!

I'd say Breffni is the logical place for it if it's supposed to be a neutral venue.

Breffni is logical, but logic is sometimes absent. Presumably Omagh would have some merit also.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ck

Monaghan will cruise through to semi final. Fermanagh are a well organised, well drilled, but very poor collection of players. For them to struggle over 14 man shambles Antrim doesn't inspire much confidence. There are better club teams than both Antrim and Fermanagh

Esmarelda

I think Monaghan had their semi-final in both 2013 and 2014 in Clones. Have the rules changed?

cluaineois

As far as i am aware Armagh were offered last years semi in either Clones or Omagh and they opted for Clones. Would have thought that the logical venue this year would be Breffni.
once your a clone your never alone

babarino

Logic says it has to be either Cavan or Clones. The handiest for both sets of supporters is Clones. They'd come from opposite directions. Cavan would be a huge bottleneck from Butlers Bridge. Armagh makes no sense.

GrandMasterFlash

USFC Semi Final Venue Confirmed Monaghan will take on Fermanagh in Kingspan Breffni on Sunday  21st June 4pm

https://twitter.com/monaghangaa/status/607584188385136640

Main Street

Why do we have to wait weeks on end for these games?
Life was much more simpler when we got knocked out, first time of asking.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 08, 2015, 12:18:17 PM
USFC Semi Final Venue Confirmed Monaghan will take on Fermanagh in Kingspan Breffni on Sunday  21st June 4pm

https://twitter.com/monaghangaa/status/607584188385136640

Will this game be televised?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

I don't think RTE 2 have it live, but at least
BBC NI deferred coverage

Sky sports have got the booby prize, the dark side of the semi final draw.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Schkite

Quote from: Main Street on June 08, 2015, 11:43:51 PM
BBC NI deferred coverage

I thought all games were live on BBC apart from the Fermanagh - Antrim one? Seeing as its only Ulster they cover, you'd think they'd have the semis.

armaghniac

Quote from: Schkite on June 09, 2015, 01:59:38 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 08, 2015, 11:43:51 PM
BBC NI deferred coverage

I thought all games were live on BBC apart from the Fermanagh - Antrim one? Seeing as its only Ulster they cover, you'd think they'd have the semis.

You can't be disrupting Sky with coverage that normal people can actually watch.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B