Started by GrandMasterFlash, June 05, 2015, 01:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2015, 04:32:22 PM
Quote from: Schkite on June 09, 2015, 01:59:38 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 08, 2015, 11:43:51 PM
I don't think RTE 2 have it live, but at least
BBC NI deferred coverage

Sky sports have got the booby prize, the dark side of the semi final draw.

I thought all games were live on BBC apart from the Fermanagh - Antrim one? Seeing as its only Ulster they cover, you'd think they'd have the semis.

You can't be disrupting Sky with coverage that normal people can actually watch.
I  don't think  Sky have their grubby hands on this game,
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/gaa-on-sky

I think RTE have it but are just not showing it,  a  Donneybrook shrug to manly Ulster GAA
And maybe BBC NI gets it on the cheap if they don't show it live and clash with some hurling that RTE have on ?

GrandMasterFlash

Drew Wylie is out apparently. Not surprising really as he was heavily strapped and clearly unfit in the Cavan game. Vinny Corey to man-mark Sean Quigley...

Bingo

Seems Drew Wylie is out for the summer and not just this match. Big blow that.

Have Walsh and Duffy to come in and can also move Vinny Corey and Dessie Mone about if needed but Wylie was a nailed on starter every game in an important position.

All going well, should have enough to pull away from Fermanagh but I'd expect them to make a real game of it early on.

Sleater

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 10, 2015, 03:04:30 PM
Drew Wylie is out apparently. Not surprising really as he was heavily strapped and clearly unfit in the Cavan game. Vinny Corey to man-mark Sean Quigley...

Well I hope Drew Wylie's injury isn't as bas as feared, but assuming it is, he's a big loss. Maybe not for the Fermanagh game (as Walshe is ready to start), but for the rest of the championship. You'd assume Fintan Kelly would go full back where he's played a good bit of football for Monaghan. Conor Boyle is back playing and fit , isn't he? Boyle was impressive during the league before he got injured.

ck

Wylie will be a massive loss. One of the best full backs in the country

Maguire01

Wylie is a big loss, but unlike a few years ago we have a strong panel and plenty of solid options in defence. It won't be the difference between winning and losing on Sunday anyway.

ck

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 17, 2015, 07:11:59 AM
Wylie is a big loss, but unlike a few years ago we have a strong panel and plenty of solid options in defence. It won't be the difference between winning and losing on Sunday anyway.

You could play my mother at full back and still win on Sunday! But further down the line it will cost you. Ulster final for example, Wylie on Murphy would be a key duel. No matter who you have in reserve I doubt if you have another Drew Wylie.

Emmett

Quote from: ck on June 18, 2015, 12:29:09 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 17, 2015, 07:11:59 AM

You could play my mother at full back and still win on Sunday! But further down the line it will cost you. Ulster final for example, Wylie on Murphy would be a key duel. No matter who you have in reserve I doubt if you have another Drew Wylie.

Just a tad disrespectful! However Fermanagh have always played better when huge underdogs so I'll take that. Maybe I'm blinkered but I feel we have a chance. The bookies, while having Monaghan as warm favourites, do not appear to share your apparent view that this will be a facile victory for them.

Bingo

ck more than a bit over the top that comment.

Fermanagh have as good a record against monaghan in recent years that they have against anyone. Won't fear Monaghan that's for sure. We all remembers Bantys team as favourites for Ulster the year they got their arses kicked by Fermanagh. Different team now but lesson is still there.

Main Street

indeed, and our arses are still sore from that experience.

Every county would want their best players to be a part of the championship campaign and Drew is a class act. In that regard it doesn't matter if the replacement is good enough to keep Monaghan in the favourite's position

Schkite

Fermanagh do indeed relish the underdog tag and won't have any fear of us, but I still find it hard to see us losing.

The 2008 loss was a big disappointment, but I think we avenged that with the big win in 2010. Also, Malachy being over Fermanagh in 2008 will know very well about the potential for an upset here, and as a Fermanagh man will have the team well tuned into that possibility. I also think the team is just that bit more mature than a few years ago and can cope with the favourites tag much better. For example I could have seen us losing the Cavan game a few years the way it was midway through the second half, but cool heads and experience got us over the line.

timmyot501

Monaghan team named.  Walsh in for Wylie and thats it.  A few numbers swapped about.  Expect a change or 2 before throw in

Beggan, Walsh, Kelly, Wylie, Mone, Corey, O'Connell, McAdam, D Hughes, McAnespie, K Hughes, Carey, Finlay, Malone, McManus
Subs - Mohan, K Duffy, Boyle, McKenna, Kerr, Lennon, Clerkin, Gollogly, O Duffy, Meegan, McGuinness

Bingo

Decent Monaghan team as expected really. Only change is fintan Kelly to full back, Colin walshe to the corner and dessie mone at wing back.

Thomas kerr on the bench.

Still likely to be a change or two on the day.

Schkite

Strong bench, but who is Mohan, is that the other keeper from Scotstown? It'd be unique enough I'd say to have both keepers in a county panel from the same club.

I'd still expect a change or two before throw-in aswell. Maybe someone like Owen Duffy for Carey but who knows really.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.