Peter Robinson rushed to hospital.

Started by T Fearon, May 25, 2015, 09:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

topcuppla

Shamrock Shore

T Fearon

I hope you mean that in a nice way.Huge stress in politics.Robinson has a sense of humour rarely seen on camera.Was at a charity breakfast organised by DUP MP David Simpson (portly in stature) a few years ago.Robinson spoke saying that any event David invites him to invariably involves food,and "As you can see looking at David,he has many events!"  ;D

LCohen

T Fearon

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on May 25, 2015, 09:51:29 AM
I hope you mean that in a nice way.Huge stress in politics.Robinson has a sense of humour rarely seen on camera.Was at a charity breakfast organised by DUP MP David Simpson (portly in stature) a few years ago.Robinson spoke saying that any event David invites him to invariably involves food,and "As you can see looking at David,he has many events!"  ;D

Tony, don't let genuine sympathy for Robo at this time fuse with a sympathy with his horrific views and shabby record

annapr

Was a new thread needed?
Could it not have gone into one of the other million threads on here about Northern Ireland?

T Fearon

Actually I don't think Robinson is the worst.He is a moderniser but hamstrung by the Paisleyite wing,TUV etc.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on May 25, 2015, 09:57:51 AM
Actually I don't think Robinson is the worst.He is a moderniser but hamstrung by the Paisleyite wing,TUV etc.

Honestly?
The modernisation that has taken place within the DUP can be attributed to late in the day shifts by Paisley. The party Paisly left still fell a very long way short of modernity. What has Robo really done to move things along? A few photo-calls (that were important but not game changers)??

T Fearon

LC it was Robinson who pushed Paisley into compromise,and he is gradually purging the Paisleyites but modernisation takes both care and time.

deiseach

Quote from: T Fearon on May 25, 2015, 09:51:29 AM

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on May 25, 2015, 10:09:40 AM
LC it was Robinson who pushed Paisley into compromise,and he is gradually purging the Paisleyites but modernisation takes both care and time.

Evidence please??

Look at the selection of candidates in the seats they had a chance of winning in the recent election. Woud that support your contention?

T Fearon

The ostracisation of Poots,Wells etc and their replacement with the likes of Hamilton,Foster etc.Like all leaders he has to keep an eye on the constituencies and can't simply send them all packing.Has also attended dinner in honour of GAA and praised it for its contribution to peace and reconciliation.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on May 25, 2015, 10:17:57 AM
The ostracisation of Poots,Wells etc and their replacement with the likes of Hamilton,Foster etc.Like all leaders he has to keep an eye on the constituencies and can't simply send them all packing.Has also attended dinner in honour of GAA and praised it for its contribution to peace and reconciliation.
Very glad to see the back of both Poots and Wells. Poots was backed over his horrific religious views and only moved when he became a liability and showed internal indiscipline (something the DUP and Sf cannot cope with). If there had not been an election brewing and an opportunity to win influence in Westminster then the Wells outturn might have been different. Hamilton and Foster were hardly newbies.