Peter Robinson rushed to hospital.

Started by T Fearon, May 25, 2015, 09:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

93-DY-SAM

Wonder what the waiting times are in A&E this morning?

T Fearon

With the TUV (and if there is one truly hateful bigoted bastard in N Irish politics it is that little runt Allister) breathing down his neck,not too mention the Paisleyite wing and family in the DUP,the pace of modernisation was always going to be slow.

Minder

This heart attack is an enemy of the peace process
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Ulick

No welfare cuts vote the marra then.

GJL

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Keyboard Warrior

Playing devil's advocate here:
Better for his legacy to quit due to health reasons rather than be ousted by a coup?

T Fearon

No chance of Robinson being ousted.He is in control.

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on May 25, 2015, 10:17:57 AM
The ostracisation of Poots,Wells etc and their replacement with the likes of Hamilton,Foster etc.Like all leaders he has to keep an eye on the constituencies and can't simply send them all packing.Has also attended dinner in honour of GAA and praised it for its contribution to peace and reconciliation.

Are you taking the piss? Wells was defended to the last until public pressure forced him out after he managed to c**k up majorly twice within the space of a few days, following which Robinson continued to back him via supporting his bullshit that the stress of  his wife's unfortunate condition temporarily transformed him into a bigoted homophobe.

An Watcher

I wouldn't be criticizing anyone on here who isn't showing sympathy for peter Robinson.  Sad for any human being and immediate family to experience but I won't be offering up any prayers.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on May 25, 2015, 10:17:57 AM
The ostracisation of Poots,Wells etc and their replacement with the likes of Hamilton,Foster etc.Like all leaders he has to keep an eye on the constituencies and can't simply send them all packing.Has also attended dinner in honour of GAA and praised it for its contribution to peace and reconciliation.
Eh, he appointed both. Poots was only ever intended to be Minister for the first half of the Assembly term and Wells was only dropped to avoid electoral damage when they thought a deal with the Conservatives was on the cards.

T Fearon

You cannot purge the dissidents in any party in the short term,especially when you have Allister ready to provide them and their substantial voter base with an alternative home.I still believe Robinson to be progressive,and God forbid the mantle is passed on to the likes of Dodds and Co

Keyser soze

I must say I am shocked at some of the bigotry being shown on here.

What happened the 'if you cant say something nice, say nothing' attitude?

Or even common decency?

Or manners?