Hard to compete with Donegal’s professionalism and money, bad for the game?

Started by The Aristocrat, May 08, 2015, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

You picked a bad example with Kerry hurling. They've had a great couple of years, have lads like Brendan Cummins in coaching their goalkeepers and have qualified to play in the Liam McCarthy Cup next year.

heffo

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 09, 2015, 10:40:57 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 09, 2015, 10:14:07 AM
http://www.the42.ie/kerry-gaa-fundraising-america-2150376-Jun2015/?utm_source=shortlink

How can teams compete against Kerry, Donegal, Mayo and Tyrone's millions, a level playing field needs to be implemented, Leitrim and Longford deserve the same like 7 million centre's of excellence.
!!!! And they're getting a 9 million euro centre of excellence built for them I hear

Can you source that?

JoG2

Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 09, 2015, 11:22:39 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 09, 2015, 10:35:19 AM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on June 09, 2015, 10:34:24 AM
http://www.the42.ie/kerry-gaa-fundraising-america-2150376-Jun2015/?utm_source=shortlink

How can teams compete against Kerry, Donegal, Mayo and Tyrone's millions, a level playing field needs to be implemented, Leitrim and Longford deserve the same like 7 million centre's of excellence.

Do what they did, get up off your backsides, scour your county for sponsorship & stop whinging.

A 70 million centre of excellence wouldn't hep Longford or Leitrim win an All Ireland.

I think Aristocrat is from Dublin.

Im a neutral !!!

I was half joking with this but the gap is widening when it comes to finances. 

Another point is that its not just Dublin who has the money.

Fair play to Kerry though, I wonder how much Kerry Hurling will receive from it? Probably 1%, the same percentage of respect they give hurling in the county.

:o

The Aristocrat

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 09, 2015, 11:28:01 AM
You picked a bad example with Kerry hurling. They've had a great couple of years, have lads like Brendan Cummins in coaching their goalkeepers and have qualified to play in the Liam McCarthy Cup next year.

Yeah they have and its brilliant, still doesn't mean it gets the respect it deserves down there or resources split evenly. 

Teo Lurley

Quote from: heffo on June 09, 2015, 11:57:45 AM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 09, 2015, 10:40:57 AM

!!!! And they're getting a 9 million euro centre of excellence built for them I hear

Can you source that?

Google 9m GAA facility Blanchardstown, it gets quite a few results.

rosnarun

Local TD and Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport Leo Varadkar has said the GAA's confirmation of plans for a national GAA training centre in Blanchardstown is a major step forward for the National Sports Campus.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

AZOffaly

Quote from: rosnarun on June 09, 2015, 03:53:57 PM
Local TD and Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport Leo Varadkar has said the GAA's confirmation of plans for a national GAA training centre in Blanchardstown is a major step forward for the National Sports Campus.

Yeah right. I can't wait to bring the Tipp U14s up there on a Tuesday evening. Sure who'll be using it? :)

Teo Lurley

Yes it's nice and centrally located. It's obviously a centre for all. I'd say this place in the middle of everybody called Dublin will only use the centre an equal amount of times as everyone else. There's no way they'll use it for all their underage teams and use it specifically for their hurlers while their footballers remain at the already state of the art facility in DCU. Noooooooo way at all at all.

The Aristocrat

Great resource for Meath and Kildare teams, easy access for all.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 09, 2015, 04:14:51 PM

How will Leitrim get there? Sligo? Clare? Waterford? Cavan? Derry? Limerick? I could go on. It's a big committment getting from work to training as it is. It'd be very handy to have a centre like this on your doorstep. That's why it's lucky that it's been placed in such a central location, easy access for all. It's not a 9 million euro facility for one county alone. Nooooooooooo way at all at all.

twohands!!!

Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 09, 2015, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 09, 2015, 11:28:01 AM

Yeah they have and its brilliant, still doesn't mean it gets the respect it deserves down there or resources split evenly.

Might have been true previously but I think hurling is getting proper support the last while from the Kerry county board. Read an interview with the Kerry captain after their Christy ring win and he was commenting on how good the County Board had been in terms of resources and was talking about an end of season trip for the panel to Asia.

Have heard from Kerry folk previously that there are coaching officers going into schools in Killarney and other places where hurling hasn't been played in 50 years have underage hurling teams now. It's not going to happen overnight but everything I've heard the last while suggests Kerry hurling is definitely going in the right direction and the county board seems to be doing it's bit as well.

Teo Lurley

The aristocrat has been fairly put back into his box on this thread. :D

heffo

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 09, 2015, 09:43:09 PM

National GAA centre built in nations capital. You sure put him back in his box alright.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 09, 2015, 04:14:51 PM

Meath have Dunganny and Kildare have Hawkfield.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Teo Lurley

Quote from: heffo on June 09, 2015, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 09, 2015, 09:43:09 PM

National GAA centre built in nations capital. You sure put him back in his box alright.

Did you do some googling then?

Dublin isn't the capital of the GAA. What's the point of a National GAA centre if only one county gets to use it? If this was set up somewhere like Athlone at least 5 or 6 counties could use it. When the facts come out about which county has a monopoly on this centres use I'm sure you'll ask for a source to back it up. I'll be happy to inform you on how to google then also.