Hard to compete with Donegal’s professionalism and money, bad for the game?

Started by The Aristocrat, May 08, 2015, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 09, 2015, 07:18:49 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 09, 2015, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 09, 2015, 11:28:01 AM
You picked a bad example with Kerry hurling. They've had a great couple of years, have lads like Brendan Cummins in coaching their goalkeepers and have qualified to play in the Liam McCarthy Cup next year.

Yeah they have and its brilliant, still doesn't mean it gets the respect it deserves down there or resources split evenly.

Might have been true previously but I think hurling is getting proper support the last while from the Kerry county board. Read an interview with the Kerry captain after their Christy ring win and he was commenting on how good the County Board had been in terms of resources and was talking about an end of season trip for the panel to Asia.

Have heard from Kerry folk previously that there are coaching officers going into schools in Killarney and other places where hurling hasn't been played in 50 years have underage hurling teams now. It's not going to happen overnight but everything I've heard the last while suggests Kerry hurling is definitely going in the right direction and the county board seems to be doing it's bit as well.

You misread it.

They are getting a trip to Asda.
MWWSI 2017

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 09, 2015, 09:43:09 PM
The aristocrat has been fairly put back into his box on this thread. :D

I don't know what you mean man, this thread is about Donegal, there have been dozens, hundreds, thousands of threads on Dublin on this site and others regarding everything from Croker, to finances, to support, to sponsorship etc, a lot of it slander!  ;)

I'm just pointing that some of the other counties are in the same ball park by same or different methods. I am also trying to have a small bit of craic with it.

You remind me of a poster I have not seen on here for awhile and he is from the same county as yourself and was only on this site for one thing and that was childish slating of Dublin and a couple of other teams, Don't Matter.!!!

heffo

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 09, 2015, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 09, 2015, 09:48:16 PM

National GAA centre built in nations capital. You sure put him back in his box alright.

Did you do some googling then?

Dublin isn't the capital of the GAA. What's the point of a National GAA centre if only one county gets to use it? If this was set up somewhere like Athlone at least 5 or 6 counties could use it. When the facts come out about which county has a monopoly on this centres use I'm sure you'll ask for a source to back it up. I'll be happy to inform you on how to google then also.

I don't need to google anything, I think you'll find I'm a little more informed than you or your many sock puppet accounts.

You can now predict the future can you?

Teo Lurley

Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 10, 2015, 09:07:26 AM

I don't know what you mean man, this thread is about Donegal, there have been dozens, hundreds, thousands of threads on Dublin on this site and others regarding everything from Croker, to finances, to support, to sponsorship etc, a lot of it slander!  ;)

I'm just pointing that some of the other counties are in the same ball park by same or different methods. I am also trying to have a small bit of craic with it.

You remind me of a poster I have not seen on here for awhile and he is from the same county as yourself and was only on this site for one thing and that was childish slating of Dublin and a couple of other teams, Don't Matter.!!!

Donegal and Kerry have seen what Dublin are at and have decided the only way they can compete with them is to try to match them. They are falling far short in reaching the financial levels of Dublin but they and Dublin are pushing far ahead of most other counties on the pitch. Something needs to be looked at.

I've been posting here for a few months and I've never heard of Don't Matter. I'm sure many people have the same view when it comes to money in the game.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: heffo on June 10, 2015, 09:34:06 AM

National GAA centre built in nations capital. You sure put him back in his box alright.

Dublin isn't the capital of the GAA. What's the point of a National GAA centre if only one county gets to use it? If this was set up somewhere like Athlone at least 5 or 6 counties could use it. When the facts come out about which county has a monopoly on this centres use I'm sure you'll ask for a source to back it up. I'll be happy to inform you on how to google then also.

I don't need to google anything, I think you'll find I'm a little more informed than you or your many sock puppet accounts.

You didn't know Dublin were getting a 9m GAA centre in Blanchardstown, I had to help you out on that one.

I can predict the future. Here's another prediction for ya, Dublin will receive around 2 million from the GAA again this year. Like Nostradamus I am.

The Aristocrat

Who can stop this Donegal Juggernaut, they look unbeatable and definite favourites for the all Ireland no matter what the bookies say.

Unbeatable.

heffo

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 10, 2015, 01:19:48 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 10, 2015, 09:34:06 AM

You didn't know Dublin were getting a 9m GAA centre in Blanchardstown, I had to help you out on that one.

I can predict the future. Here's another prediction for ya, Dublin will receive around 2 million from the GAA again this year. Like Nostradamus I am.

National GAA centre in the nation's capital - easily accessible from anywhere in Ireland.

Those Waterford hoors have the national Hurling & Camogie centre in Waterford - how can the rest of us compete with that?

AZOffaly

heffo, come off it. Easily accessible? This should clearly have been built in UL where it would be easily accessible by us :)