Hypocrisy in action.

Started by T Fearon, May 02, 2015, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Attended Mass this evening in Banbridge at 6pm.Two political parties,both in favour of gay marriage,were canvassing mass goers (one on the steps up to the Church,the other at the Church Gates). >:(

armaghniac

Some of these parties are very interested in the growth of Catholicism.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Aristo 60

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2015, 07:34:01 PM
Attended Mass this evening in Banbridge at 6pm.Two political parties,both in favour of gay marriage,were canvassing mass goers (one on the steps up to the Church,the other at the Church Gates). >:(

Newsflash: Armagh man on his knees in County Down. Won't have been the first time. Won't be the last.

Rossfan

The referendum is confined to the 26 Cos ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

annapr

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2015, 07:34:01 PM
But none of you have a vote so why were they canvassing.

Itchy

Tony, are you saying Fine Fail and Fine Gael were in Armagh canvasing to mass goers who have no vote? Sounds more daft than hypocritical to me!

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on May 02, 2015, 09:19:50 PM
Tony, are you saying Fine Fail and Fine Gael were in Armagh canvasing to mass goers who have no vote? Sounds more daft than hypocritical to me!

I think the last 3 posts are the daft ones, or more likely typical partitionism, given that Tony did not mention the referendum at all, he merely referenced the policies of the parties.

Pub Bore

Jaysus lads keep up, der was a vote in the partitionist assembly during de week on those sorts of boyos getting married

armaghniac

Quote from: Pub Bore on May 02, 2015, 09:33:10 PM
Jaysus lads keep up, der was a vote in the partitionist assembly during de week on those sorts of boyos getting married

On Gaaboard, talking about the 3% who are homosexuals as if they didn't exist is exclusionary, but talking about the 30% of the population in the 6 counties as if they didn't exist is par for the course.

Itchy

If there's A vote the assembly why canvas citizens, is it not the politicians that are voting?

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on May 02, 2015, 09:46:02 PM
If there's A vote the assembly why canvas citizens, is it not the politicians that are voting?

Why the feck do you think politicians canvass citizens in the week of an election?

thebigfella

I hope you lads in the north, objecting to gay marriage, hand back your Irish passports (if you have one) in protest if there is a yes vote....

T Fearon

Er to all you residents in the Free State.I know up here is like Outer Mongolia to most of you but we have what's called a Westminster election on Thursday (it's a big Hall with a Big clock in West London)

T Fearon

Why would we hand them back when the phenomenon that was John Bruton ( guest at an Orange Citadel in Lurgan Co Armagh last week in which he was referred by a local Councillor and Orangeman as a "statesman" ;D) didn't persuade us to discard them?