Hypocrisy in action.

Started by T Fearon, May 02, 2015, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

No the book of Premature Reservations.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 06, 2015, 02:24:50 PM
No the book of Premature Reservations.

Is that the one where Toneth of Armenia meets St. Peter at the Gates of Heaven insisting he has a reservation, but St. Peter sees otherwise?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Sad to see ridicule from those who have lost the argument.I dont make the rules so no point in blaming me.Suffice to say one cannot expect forgiveness or mercy until one acknowledges his or her faults,is remorseful, and resolves to sin no more.That means sinners who continue with sin cannot expect any mercy or compassion.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on May 06, 2015, 02:36:56 PM
Sad to see ridicule from those who have lost the argument.I dont make the rules so no point in blaming me.Suffice to say one cannot expect forgiveness or mercy until one acknowledges his or her faults,is remorseful, and resolves to sin no more.That means sinners who continue with sin cannot expect any mercy or compassion.

You're f*cked so!
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

You'll be telling us next that they will come back in the next life disabled.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Sidney

Quote from: laoislad on May 06, 2015, 02:46:05 PM

You'll be telling us next that they will come back in the next life disabled.
Glenn Hoddle must have told him.

ludermor

Quote from: T Fearon on May 06, 2015, 12:06:24 PM
You are missing the point about Christian compassion and mercy.This is afforded when sinners show remorse and repent.There is and never was any compassion or tolerance available to those who continue with sinful ways.
Quote from: T Fearon on May 06, 2015, 01:53:32 PM
I dont.I am guided by my Church and the Bible in that respect.
If you were guided by the church and the bible then i would expect more compassion and mercy seeing that the church has a long, long, long history of tolerating gay priests/bishops and popes.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on May 06, 2015, 01:53:32 PM
I dont.I am guided by my Church and the Bible in that respect.
I would suggest that in this day and age you should perhaps look more to your conscience than a Church that has degraded moral authority at best and the Bible can be used to support contradictory positions. You really need to ask yourself what would Jesus do? Would he continue to denigrate people on the basis of their sexual orientation or would he embrace them as a child of God. You didn't quite answer the point I was making about the lepers, what Churches consider to be sinful changes with time and we have to live in the here and now and not 2000 odd years ago.

Applesisapples

So essentially Tony what your saying is that if the rules change then that's OK with you? hardly a principled position.

Denn Forever

So the basic question is should 2 people be allowed to marry each other if they want to?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

T Fearon

No the rules are set in stone and cannot be diluted or distorted by phrases like "in this day and age" or two people who love each other should be allowed to marry.But why do you all keep responding if you don't believe in God?

annapr

Quote from: T Fearon on May 06, 2015, 04:09:30 PM
No the rules are set in stone and cannot be diluted or distorted by phrases like "in this day and age" or two people who love each other should be allowed to marry.But why do you all keep responding if you don't believe in God?
Can one not have a belief in a god without being a member of a cult religion.

I have no interest in being a catholic anymore because I believe the organisation is rotten to the core,but that doesn't mean I can't have faith, I just don't feel the need to be one of those hyprocrites who go to mass every week just to be seen.

Applesisapples

Quote from: annapr on May 06, 2015, 04:25:58 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 06, 2015, 04:09:30 PM
Can one not have a belief in a god without being a member of a cult religion.

I have no interest in being a catholic anymore because I believe the organisation is rotten to the core,but that doesn't mean I can't have faith, I just don't feel the need to be one of those hyprocrites who go to mass every week just to be seen.
But the rules and church teaching do change, still ignoring the point I made regarding lepers Tony!

Oraisteach

Well, in fact, Tony, not all the rules are carved in stone.  Over time, on some issues, the Church has modified its stance.  We don't follow the OT dietary rules and we don't stone adulterers; in fact, the church's position on the death penalty has moved.  You are a selective literalist, a remarkably un-Christian Christian.  Ask yourself, What Would Jesus Do?  I mean to you.  Given his propensity for angry outbursts (re the temple moneylenders), I'm thinking he'd whack you upside the head with a year's supply of Spot the Ball newspapers for warping the essence of the Christian message.

muppet

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 06, 2015, 04:34:39 PM
Well, in fact, Tony, not all the rules are carved in stone.  Over time, on some issues, the Church has modified its stance.  We don't follow the OT dietary rules and we don't stone adulterers; in fact, the church's position on the death penalty has moved.  You are a selective literalist, a remarkably un-Christian Christian.  Ask yourself, What Would Jesus Do?  I mean to you.  Given his propensity for angry outbursts (re the temple moneylenders), I'm thinking he'd whack you upside the head with a year's supply of Spot the Ball newspapers for warping the essence of the Christian message.

The Flat Earth, the Earth going round the Sun. Poor old Galileo, but at least the Church eventually catches up.
MWWSI 2017