8 (9.9%)
Sligo
9 (11.1%)
Leitrim
7 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 81

larryin89

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 06, 2015, 08:48:38 PM
A lot of rumours about infighting in the Mayo camp, but nobody prepared to put any flesh on the bones and give even one example of what the problem. So it's safer to take these rumours with a pinch of salt, and assume that Mayo are a united unit in the drive for five.

Well in all fairness shrewdness anybody that knows the particulars are not going to share it on an Internet forum .

All as I can tell you is the latest bust up was between pateen and AOS today over the marriage referendum . Pateen called him " a fook in queer" for supporting the yes side and all hell broke loose . No serious damage but pateen is staying castlebar General for overnight observation . My guess is if they do a brain scan he could be in there till the championship finishes and this could all work out for Mayo in the end.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on May 06, 2015, 09:29:48 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on May 06, 2015, 08:48:38 PM
A lot of rumours about infighting in the Mayo camp, but nobody prepared to put any flesh on the bones and give even one example of what the problem. So it's safer to take these rumours with a pinch of salt, and assume that Mayo are a united unit in the drive for five.

Well in all fairness shrewdness anybody that knows the particulars are not going to share it on an Internet forum .

All as I can tell you is the latest bust up was between pateen and AOS today over the marriage referendum . Pateen called him " a fook in queer" for supporting the yes side and all hell broke loose . No serious damage but pateen is staying castlebar General for overnight observation . My guess is if they do a brain scan he could be in there till the championship finishes and this could all work out for Mayo in the end.

I know I shouldn't but... ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Connelly saying tonight Cillian doubtful for Galway game , two o sheas on the treatment table along with turbo Tom and Mickey c .

Connelly in the same short article creams himself over the Roscommon forward line.

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on May 07, 2015, 09:35:08 PM
Connelly saying tonight Cillian doubtful for Galway game , two o sheas on the treatment table along with turbo Tom and Mickey c .

Connelly in the same short article creams himself over the Roscommon forward line.

Why is he talking about a team that has to win two games to even play Mayo/Galway. In fairness Senan has a fine beard.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on May 07, 2015, 10:14:31 PM

Why is he talking about a team that has to win two games to even play Mayo/Galway. In fairness Senan has a fine beard.

It's the buzz word in the gaa world syferus, ye should embrace this period lad . It pains me believe me sir but you're lot might go and do the business in the near future .
Kilbride is good but has failed so far in the bigger scheme of things , the new kids on the block have an air of confidence about them , still have to go on now and prove it on the bigger stage but I'm givin in to the general consensus now I've fought it long enough . Roscommon are the team .

Farrandeelin

Not to mention Barrett. It's not looking good unfortunately.

Farrandeelin

You'd hardly know there was a game on this weekend in the Connacht championship at all.

An Fhairche Abu

Without the prospect of much of a contest it's hard to see where any large interest in the match Sunday will come from.
Is there any hope Leitrim can spring a shock? If Galway decide to perform like they did at home to Cavan and Laois in the league then maybe but it's hard to see a Leitrim win.
Minus Emyln Mulligan and only winning 3 out of 7 games in Division 4 suggests it's very unlikely, although to be fair those three Leitrim wins all came in their final games so they did finish strongly.

seafoid

Asking people who they thought would win Connacht and a surprising number said Ros. Momentum is the thing but can they keep it going ?

I was in Sheridans in Milltown the other day and there was paraphenalia from 2001 on the wall. That must inspire young lads as well. 

mouview

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 11, 2015, 11:31:29 PM
You'd hardly know there was a game on this weekend in the Connacht championship at all.

Yerra, the weather is too bad at the minute. We might be in better humour towards the weekend.

Syferus

Kevin Higgins dislocated his shoulder (if word is to be believed) in the club championship. Out 6-8 weeks. Not much cover at midfield.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on May 12, 2015, 12:24:46 PM
Kevin Higgins dislocated his shoulder (if word is to be believed) in the club championship. Out 6-8 weeks. Not much cover at midfield.

In fairness now syf sure isn't it all about August weekend sure there's nothing in the west to even give Ye a game this year.

giveballaghback

Is Cillian O Connor suspended for the first championship game because of his sending off in the all-ire semi replay against kerry, it is my understanding that a suspension carries to the next championship game but maybe I am wrong, does anyone know the situation.
Leitrim will give it 100% on Sunday but will fall short, they are a plucky county and not to be taken for granted, should be a good workout for Galway, Carrick is always a tricky assignment.
Best of luck to all teams in this years Connacht championship and hope all go injury free, may the best team win, will be fun, really looking forward to it.

The Black Mamba

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 12, 2015, 07:00:45 PM
Is Cillian O Connor suspended for the first championship game because of his sending off in the all-ire semi replay against kerry, it is my understanding that a suspension carries to the next championship game but maybe I am wrong, does anyone know the situation.
Leitrim will give it 100% on Sunday but will fall short, they are a plucky county and not to be taken for granted, should be a good workout for Galway, Carrick is always a tricky assignment.
Best of luck to all teams in this years Connacht championship and hope all go injury free, may the best team win, will be fun, really looking forward to it.
I believe his suspension was carried forward to the first league game vs Kerry.

giveballaghback

Thanks blackmamba, glad he wont miss game, if Galway get past Leitrim should be a cracker.