9 (11.1%)
Leitrim
7 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on April 28, 2015, 03:15:38 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 28, 2015, 02:37:16 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2015, 02:33:42 PM
Mayo should have enough to win the 5 in a row but sport can be funny. Last year Ros nearly beat them and they are better this year. Galway are still a bit off the pace I'd say.

I'm not going to keep harping on about the same thing as I could be fooling myself too but do you not think there was a case of Mayo not going full tilt in the Roscommon game last year , taking them lightly sort of thing ?

Don't think you are fooling yourself Larry as I thought (as well as most other Mayo fans I know) that we were trying to peak for August last year and it very nearly came off. I do think the Rossies are a good bit better this year though but I am unsure if Galway are any better or worse.

I am 50/50 on us whether we come out all guns blazing like you think or limp out meekly like so many other years!!! I just can't see us grinding out a Connacht championship as it is usually feast or famine with Mayo!!!

2011 sure looked like a grind.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on April 28, 2015, 03:19:21 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on April 28, 2015, 03:15:38 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 28, 2015, 02:37:16 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2015, 02:33:42 PM
Mayo should have enough to win the 5 in a row but sport can be funny. Last year Ros nearly beat them and they are better this year. Galway are still a bit off the pace I'd say.

I'm not going to keep harping on about the same thing as I could be fooling myself too but do you not think there was a case of Mayo not going full tilt in the Roscommon game last year , taking them lightly sort of thing ?

Don't think you are fooling yourself Larry as I thought (as well as most other Mayo fans I know) that we were trying to peak for August last year and it very nearly came off. I do think the Rossies are a good bit better this year though but I am unsure if Galway are any better or worse.

I am 50/50 on us whether we come out all guns blazing like you think or limp out meekly like so many other years!!! I just can't see us grinding out a Connacht championship as it is usually feast or famine with Mayo!!!

2011 sure looked like a grind.

Yeah I stand corrected Syferus  , I forgot about that one. I think my memory is still full of water from that final in the Hyde ;D , not to mention there was drink taken the night before( thank god I had) the extra time game in London!! ;D

Duine Eile

Galway team to play New York has been named,

from galwaybayfm.ie

The Galway Senior Football team to face New York in the Connacht Senior Football Championships on Sunday has been named. There are three changes from the team that finished their last league game against Kildare. Brian O'Donoghue comes into goal. Liam Silke is named in the half back line while Danny Cummins is named in the Full Forward Line. The Team will be captained by Paul Conroy.

The Team in Full is: In Goal, Brian O'Donoghue, The Full Back Line is Johnny Duane, Finian Hanley and Cathal Sweeney. The Half Back Line is Liam Silke, Gary O'Donnell and Sean Denvir. In Midfield are Fiontan O'Curroin and Paul Conroy who captains the team. The Half Forward Line is Gary Sice, Shane Walsh and Michael Lundy and the Full Forward Line is Peadar Og O'Griofa, Patrick Sweeney and Danny Cummins.

The Subs on Sunday will be: Tom Healy, Gareth Bradshaw, Ian Burke, Damien Comer, Adrian Varley, Tom Flynn, Paul Varley, Eddie Hoare, Declan Coyne, Michael Martin, Paddy Naughton, Conor Healy and Tom Fahy.

Wouldn't be too confident of O'Donoghue in goal but the rest is as expected really, if Bradshaw was fit Denvir would probably be on the bench.

GalwayBayBoy

Brian O'Donoghue
Johnny Duane
Finian Hanley
Cathal Sweeney
Liam Silke
Gary O'Donnell
Sean Denvir
Fiontán Ó Curraoin
Paul Conroy (Capt)
Gary Sice
Shane Walsh
Michael Lundy
Peadar Óg O'Gríofa
Patrick Sweeney
Danny Cummins

Subs

Tom Healy
Gareth Bradshaw
Ian Burke
Damien Comer
Adrian Varley
Tom Flynn
Paul Varley
Eddie Hoare
Declan Coyne
Michael Martin
Paddy Naughton
Conor Healy
Tom Fahy

AZOffaly

New York Team named

Jaroslav Halak, New York Islanders

Darrelle Revis, New York Jets
Calvin Pace, New York Jets
Prince Amukamara, New York Giants

Antonio Cromartie, New York Giants
Joe Johnson, Brooklyn Nets
Josh Bailey, New York Islanders

Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets
Ruben Randle, New York Giants

Odell Beckham, New York Giants
Derick Brassard, New York Rangers
Eric Decker, New York Jets

Stevan Ridley, New York Jets
Brook Lopez, Brooklyn Nets
Nick Folk, New York Jets

Syferus

Big call leaving Carmello on the bench.

AZOffaly

f**ker never trained and is poison in the dressing room. Off the panel apparently. A big story in the Post next week.

Jinxy

Is that the same Prince Amukamara that was on the Longford minor panel a few years back?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Yeah. He went off to New York on the buildings. He's a foreman carpenter in Yonkers, and the hoor doesn't know one end of a hammer from the other.

Shrewdness

Question for Seafoid or any of the other Galway lads. How many different goalkeepers have Galway used so far this year? It seems to change very often....They have named a strong team there with also plenty of talent on the bench. Nobody should dismiss their chances in Connacht this year.

time ticking away

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2015, 04:19:42 PM
New York Team named

Jaroslav Halak, New York Islanders

Darrelle Revis, New York Jets
Calvin Pace, New York Jets
Prince Amukamara, New York Giants

Antonio Cromartie, New York Giants
Joe Johnson, Brooklyn Nets
Josh Bailey, New York Islanders

Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets
Ruben Randle, New York Giants

Odell Beckham, New York Giants

Derick Brassard, New York Rangers
Eric Decker, New York Jets

Stevan Ridley, New York Jets
Brook Lopez, Brooklyn Nets
Nick Folk, New York Jets
Strong anti bias towards the Yankees there
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

joemamas

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2015, 04:25:56 PM
f**ker never trained and is poison in the dressing room. Off the panel apparently. A big story in the Post next week.

Too greedy, the Boll**ks wouldn't pass it to anyone.
A Roid would be too controversial, I believe they tried Sabatthia at full forward, but he did his ACL last year, and is still not mobile enough. He makes Kilbride look fast.
Besides, the two of them might have gone on the beer after the game and miss the Yankees game in Boston that evening.
I heard that Sanchez was coming in from Philly to train, but he couldn't hold onto the ball. So he's also gone off the panel.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 29, 2015, 05:25:38 PM
Question for Seafoid or any of the other Galway lads. How many different goalkeepers have Galway used so far this year? It seems to change very often....They have named a strong team there with also plenty of talent on the bench. Nobody should dismiss their chances in Connacht this year.

That would be 4 Shrewdness, Magnus Breathnach, Brian O'Donoghue, Tom Healy and TJ Forde. Realistically its between Breathnach and Healy I think, Breathnach would probably be starting against NY but picked up a hand injury which required surgery so that ruled him out for this game.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 29, 2015, 05:25:38 PM

I think Manus Breathnach was the most consistent keeper during the league. He's not even on the bench so I'm guessing he has some kind of injury.  O'Donoghue actually let in two howlers against Laois in the league.