HRH Price Charles official visit in May to ROI

Started by Shamrock Shore, April 21, 2015, 01:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I wonder was Syf up in Boyle today where they opened a model of Gallipoli?
Hopefully a big Turkish shell ....... ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

Quote from: ONeill on April 25, 2015, 12:10:39 AM
...and on batin wemen in the midlands.

from recollection I heard it was obligatory after having 10 pints in Spiders Nightclub in Tullamore / Stringfellows in Mullingar and stopping at the chipper on the way home. Has evolution caught up there yet?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Itchy

Quote from: charlieTully on April 25, 2015, 12:18:17 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 25, 2015, 12:09:32 AM
Personally, I put a hierarchy of victims on innocent children.

As opposed to pregnant mothers or Jean Mcconville who gets mentioned regularly. it was all dirty as I said. You can't grade a families pain in relation to age can you?

I wasn't grading a family suffering. Just stating if you murder a child who has not even had a chance to become a threat to you or your agenda or whatever then you are a cowardly sc**bag. There was a child on Mountbatten boat and the fella who blew it up knew that.

Main Street

Quote from: give her dixie on April 22, 2015, 08:44:56 PM
Gerry Adams said this at the time of Mountbattens death:

"What the IRA did to him is what Mountbatten had been doing all his life to other people; and with his war record I don't think he could have objected to dying in what was clearly a war situation. He knew the danger involved in coming to this country. In my opinion, the IRA achieved its objective: people started paying attention to what was happening in Ireland,"
That Adams quote was reported in a Time magazine article  from Nov 1979  entitled "NORTHERN IRELAND: It is Clearly a War Situation"
In 1979 Mountbatten was a legitimate republican target and his assassination was the most prized military assassination of the whole campaign. Around the globe, it completely dwarfed the news of the successful ambush at Warrenpoint. Possibly Airy Neave's was nearly as significant, considering the location - the house of parliament area, but outside England it was more a case of Airy who?
In 1979 Prince Charles was also a legitimate target, not just for his royal status  but also for his active  part of the British Army and the campaign in North Ireland.
In 2015, the equivalent of a Lord Mountbatten could happily plod out their lives holidaying in Ireland because  post war, he'd be no longer a legitimate target and in no danger.

Syferus

That anyone would defend blowing up a man beloved by the community who was out fishing with kids with the perspective of over 30 decades of reflection is a sorry statement of attitudes in some dark, dank corners of the north. Just like Loyalists should be ashamed of many acts, Republicans should be embarrassed to have their name attached to an act as reprehensible as the one at Mulloughmore.

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on April 25, 2015, 08:51:55 AM

Excellent!

As for yours Mrs and the Scottish vote.

The Scots would be over it in a day.
The English would be over it in a month.
The DUP would never get over it.
MWWSI 2017

red hander

Quote from: bogball88 on April 23, 2015, 07:36:58 PM
Going to visit site of mountbattens death, best to that quickly before any abuse reports come out I suppose

You're too late, he was notorious for his pederasty, particularly during his time in India. As for Charlie, there'll be no need for his personal ares wiper to accompany him, there will be plenty of west Brits lining up for that particular task during the visit

Kidder81

Quote from: red hander on April 26, 2015, 04:45:25 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on April 23, 2015, 07:36:58 PM
Going to visit site of mountbattens death, best to that quickly before any abuse reports come out I suppose

You're too late, he was notorious for his pederasty, particularly during his time in India. As for Charlie, there'll be no need for his personal ares wiper to accompany him, there will be plenty of west Brits lining up for that particular task during the visit

He had more in common with the RA than you would think then.

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on April 26, 2015, 01:26:18 PM
That anyone would defend blowing up a man beloved by the community who was out fishing with kids with the perspective of over 30 decades of reflection is a sorry statement of attitudes in some dark, dank corners of the north. Just like Loyalists should be ashamed of many acts, Republicans should be embarrassed to have their name attached to an act as reprehensible as the one at Mulloughmore.
Are you referring to Mountbatten?
Was he beloved by the community in Mulloughmore?  Beloved means dearly loved. How does that work in Sligo?

http://www.sligoheritage.com/archmbatten.htm
"For the most part they minded their business and we minded ours. We had nothing in common with them, nor they with us. Most had no idea of his close relationship to the British Royal Family, or that he was the great grand-son of the infamous Queen Victoria, nor cared".

Regardless, even if he had a love for dogs like Nixon and Hitler, it doesn't relegate Mountbatten from being the highest profile british establishment figure of the modern era to be assassinated and a prized legitimate republican target. That's historical fact, not a defence.

Syferus

Quote from: Main Street on April 26, 2015, 09:37:56 PM
Was he beloved by the community in Mulloughmore?  Beloved means dearly loved. How does that work in Sligo?

"For the most part they minded their business and we minded ours. We had nothing in common with them, nor they with us. Most had no idea of his close relationship to the British Royal Family, or that he was the great grand-son of the infamous Queen Victoria, nor cared".

Regardless, even if he had a love for dogs like Nixon and Hitler, it doesn't relegate Mountbatten from being the highest profile british establishment figure of the modern era to be assassinated and a prized legitimate republican target. That's historical fact, not a defence.

Yeah, ok. I know the area very well and even now Mountbatten is talked about fondly. Even Rah sympathisers I know in Sligo don't like the Mountbatten episode. But sure take a website over that.

And it's farcical to describe an elderly man and young children out fishing a 'legitimate target'. What they were was an easy target for a desperate and out-manovoured Rah, nothing more.

Keyser soze

The question is: Does Syferus know even less about politics than he does about football? Which would be no mean feat!!

Syferus

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 27, 2015, 12:51:24 PM
The question is: Does Syferus know even less about politics than he does about football? Which would be no mean feat!!

The fact you relate this act to 'politics' tells its own story. But continue on lads, you are in minority on this topic and rightly so.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on April 27, 2015, 12:53:27 AM

Yeah, ok. I know the area very well and even now Mountbatten is talked about fondly. Even Rah sympathisers I know in Sligo don't like the Mountbatten episode. But sure take a website over that.
And it's farcical to describe an elderly man and young children out fishing a 'legitimate target'. What they were was an easy target for a desperate and out-manovoured Rah, nothing more.

Yeah, imagine taking a website over an anonymous post. Madness pure madness.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on April 27, 2015, 12:53:27 AM

"he was much beloved"   and when Sy's informed that no one knew him or cared to know him and likewise from Mountbatten,  "ah sure he's talked about fondly" ;D
Who knows Sy, maybe one day you'll realise that you spouting nonsense about any random incident, doesn't actually mean it happened.  But who am I to pass comment, maybe there's something to be said in favour of blissfully inhabiting a world of your own creation, where reality is constructed from disconnected fractured figments of dementia.