Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: screenexile on May 21, 2015, 12:30:41 PM
Pa Horgan didn't have much sympathy for Tyrone . . . "I don't understand how a man can train for 7 months to hang out the back of Michael Murphy for 70 minutes!"
Out of all the fall out from the game, the one thing i dont understand is the level of critcism of Justin McMahon. :-\
What exactly did he do wrong? I mean , give an actual example of something he did that was out of the ordinary when man marking a dangerman forward?
The only difference i can see with Justys performance is that he had the dicipline and ability to stay with murphy for the whole 70 mins, something that is very very difficult.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

J70

Don't see anyone criticizing McMahon personally,  and as you say, I think he deserves tremendous credit for his discipline.  I thought he got away with a few fouls (including one that should have been a penalty),  but the same probably happened at the other end of the field.

BluestackBoy

No problem at all with what McMahon was doing.

In that situation it is up to his teammates to step up & get the result, which is exactly what they did.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

orangeman

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 21, 2015, 01:46:01 PM

In that situation it is up to his teammates to step up & get the result, which is exactly what they did.

Kerry men weren't complaining last year when Murphy got special attention in the final.

rrhf

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2015, 12:13:17 PM
There is a rule in the black card list that is surely appropriate?

Quote4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.

It's pretty fecking clear cut I'd have thought.
Murphy could have had a red card never mind black.  for attempted kicking with the leg"

BennyHarp

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 21, 2015, 01:46:01 PM

Exactly, it's not the first time a star man has been singled out for close attention. Stop Murphy and you stop Donegal may have been the plan. Unfortunately for Tyrone, a few others stepped up to the plate, including McElhinney, McGlynn (who was superb) and Toye (who never looks like he should be good but is always effective). What I liked about Murphy was, although he wasn't having a great game, he was still composed enough to win it with those monster frees at the end when the pressure was on. Tyrone fans would have a lot of respect for Murphy and I'm sure Justin does too. The funny thing about this thread is that I don't think too many Tyrone or Donegal fans have a problem with how the game went on Sunday.
That was never a square ball!!

Put Up That Flag

I see Tyrone tramps still discussing the beating they got at the weekend, you would imagine ye would be ashamed of yereselves after what Tyrone minors said at the weekend,  ye are the scumiest, dirtiest, most detested county that ever played the sport. Sooner ye are knocked out of the championship the better. Hopefully the national media will run with Declan Bonners comments and the whole country see ye for what ye are.

Puckoon

Yer ma said she had to head home to help you with your homework.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 21, 2015, 10:06:46 PM
I see Tyrone tramps still discussing the beating they got at the weekend, you would imagine ye would be ashamed of yereselves after what Tyrone minors said at the weekend,  ye are the scumiest, dirtiest, most detested county that ever played the sport. Sooner ye are knocked out of the championship the better. Hopefully the national media will run with Declan Bonners comments and the whole country see ye for what ye are.

With all due respect, that post represents everything that is wrong in the GAA.

Yes, Tyrone are in the eye of a storm at the moment but let none of us be so smug that we have no problems in our own county.

On top of that, in my view, we are all members of the GAA & a problem for one is a problem for all. There is a cancer in the game & it needs sorting at national as well as county level.

We could do our bit on this board by refraining from posts like the above.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BennyHarp

Think about what you have written, then think about what you accuse Tyrone of.
That was never a square ball!!

LeoMc

What are your favourite crisps?

Conallach

Ah here, PutUpThatFlag, your last 30 posts are all having a go at Tyrone (and Tyrone u21s before that).

Relax, lad.

Club Rossa

There's a good chance his next 30 will be about us too.

LeoMc

Quote from: Club Rossa on May 21, 2015, 10:42:04 PM
There's a good chance his next 30 will be about us too.
He is a WUM. Don't engage with him. Like a semi dry cowpat you only get the smell when you poke it.

Rodman

Where you ever dumped by a Tyrone woman or are you not old enough to have a girl friend yet.