Dublin v Cork - National League Final - 4pm throw-in

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2015, 10:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Wildweasel74

Is that a worst effort at the dubs than Derry last year?

bennydorano

Quote from: Sidney on April 26, 2015, 05:19:33 PM
Quote from: moysider on April 26, 2015, 05:15:10 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on April 26, 2015, 05:08:20 PM
Classy Dublin chick drinking a can of Coors on the hill. Who was it said the Dubs were tramps on and off the field??? 😉

Was it Coors Light? Must be minding the figure. Could be worse - a can of Dutch or bottle of Buckie.
Buckfast is not popular in Dublin. We leave that to Armagh and Galway people. Bizarre that, really, how two counties such a long way away from each other are, independently, the two hotspots for that sacred yet evil tipple.
Road Bowls / Bullets, Armagh & Cork the only Counties who take it seriously.

Zulu

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2015, 04:58:25 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 26, 2015, 04:53:57 PM
Cork are very disappointing and like the first half in the division 2 game I don't understand why there isn't more life in this one. Against Donegal you could see the seeds of Cork's problem, they can't kick the ball properly and therefore have to handpass it the length of the field which negates their best assets, O'Neill and Hurley.

I wonder how many of the Cork players are Dual players for their club? Would explain the athleticism, but lack of football skill.

Possibly. I'm not sure how many take hurling seriously but bar Cadogan I don'y think many are from dual clubs. Colm O'Neill is a very good hurler too and he can definitely kick a ball so I'm not sure the dual issue is a major factor. Whatever it is they just don't seem to be able to play football when it's put up to them. I thought Cork would be a major force in football over the past number of years but they appear to be a team that can beat anyone but will only do so against a proper team if they catch them on an off day.

Wildweasel74

still liable to give away an odd goal i see, thats what cost them last year

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 26, 2015, 05:29:19 PM
Is that a worst effort at the dubs than Derry last year?

In fairness we gave them a game that did not even resemble a training session in McHale Park this year!

Sidney

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2015, 05:25:53 PM
Who do Dublin have first in the Championship?
Fodder, followed by Canon Fodder if they can somehow manage to negotiate the first match. But let's not be getting ahead of ourselves here. Fodder are always a tough nut to crack.

Over the Bar

Not as much as a sentence 'as gaeilge' from Cluxton.   Surprised he didn't congratulate Chelsea and The Queen as well....

From the Bunker

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 26, 2015, 05:41:59 PM
Not as much as a sentence 'as gaeilge' from Cluxton.   Surprised he didn't congratulate Chelsea and The Queen as well....

At least he showed some level of respect to Cork and did not do the 3 Hip Hips for the losing team!

highorlow

Getting to a league final is now becoming a huge disadvantage which will only belittle the league even more. Tyrone '13 final losers and poor champion ship same with Derry last year and knowing the Cork fickle mentality this will go against them this year. It coul be the year of the banner in Munster!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Quote from: highorlow on April 26, 2015, 05:46:37 PM
Getting to a league final is now becoming a huge disadvantage which will only belittle the league even more. Tyrone '13 final losers and poor champion ship same with Derry last year and knowing the Cork fickle mentality this will go against them this year. It coul be the year of the banner in Munster!

Donegal had no interest in getting to the final a few weeks ago! You are preparing wrong for the Championship playing Dublin in their home turf and getting a hiding.

highorlow

Hard to see anyone but the dubs for Leinster.  1/6 is a big price.

Jinxy

Bar Donegal, Kerry or possibly Mayo, the Dubs would destroy everyone else in the country with ease so you needn't bemoan the lack of quality in the Leinster championship.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

highorlow

[quoteBar Donegal, Kerry or possibly Mayo, the Dubs would destroy everyone else in the country with ease so you needn't bemoan the lack of quality in the Leinster championship.][/quote]

I hope the new Meath secret weapon works out!