Dublin v Cork - National League Final - 4pm throw-in

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2015, 10:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Zulu on April 26, 2015, 04:53:57 PM
Cork are very disappointing and like the first half in the division 2 game I don't understand why there isn't more life in this one. Against Donegal you could see the seeds of Cork's problem, they can't kick the ball properly and therefore have to handpass it the length of the field which negates their best assets, O'Neill and Hurley.

I wonder how many of the Cork players are Dual players for their club? Would explain the athleticism, but lack of football skill.

Zulu

Quote from: highorlow on April 26, 2015, 04:53:00 PM
Cork are tactically inept. This could get to a 20 point gap I'm afraid. Rather them than us. Lovely day for a match, pity the GAA cannot market the bloody thing and make it an event to draw a crowd. Don't think they even have 1/2 time entertainment! It's a national final, will they ever learn, this game should have been advertised all week with a band before during and after and they would draw 50k on a day like today, what's in there? 20k?

Way more than 20K I would think but you can't run a competition where everyone talks it down and ever get 50K at it. We're an odd people really, the best part of the GAA season is ending in the next 40 minutes or so yet we've no interest. The championship is about to start but that's largely useless until QF stage and most counties have no chance of silverware yet that's what we deem important. Strange.

Kidder81

Quote from: Zulu on April 26, 2015, 04:59:22 PM
Cork are tactically inept. This could get to a 20 point gap I'm afraid. Rather them than us. Lovely day for a match, pity the GAA cannot market the bloody thing and make it an event to draw a crowd. Don't think they even have 1/2 time entertainment! It's a national final, will they ever learn, this game should have been advertised all week with a band before during and after and they would draw 50k on a day like today, what's in there? 20k?

Way more than 20K I would think but you can't run a competition where everyone talks it down and ever get 50K at it. We're an odd people really, the best part of the GAA season is ending in the next 40 minutes or so yet we've no interest. The championship is about to start but that's largely useless until QF stage and most counties have no chance of silverware yet that's what we deem important. Strange.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Sidney

Quote from: Zulu on April 26, 2015, 04:59:22 PM

I'm one of those who have stayed away, frankly because I couldn't be bothered.

The attitude from teams, administrators and media seems to be, the league doesn't matter. Well, why should I bother paying €25, so.

andoireabu

If Dublin's penalty was really a penalty then Cork should definitely have had one. Copper rugby tackled the corner forward to the ground inside the small rectangle!
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Thewildcat

Over the Bar

Classy Dublin chick drinking a can of Coors on the hill. Who was it said the Dubs were tramps on and off the field??? 😉

Oraisteach

From the Bunker

It has just been announced over the PA in Croke Park that the Mini-bus to Cork is now leaving and could all the Cork Supporters make their way to the Exits!  ;D

Sidney

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 26, 2015, 05:08:20 PM
Classy Dublin chick drinking a can of Coors on the hill. Who was it said the Dubs were tramps on and off the field??? 😉
It's a step up from Druids.

moysider

Was it Coors Light? Must be minding the figure. Could be worse - a can of Dutch or bottle of Buckie.

Sidney

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2015, 05:10:29 PM
It has just been announced over the PA in Croke Park that the Mini-bus to Cork is now leaving and could all the Cork Supporters make their way to the Exits!  ;D
Any chance Frank might intervene and drag the Cork team to the train early?

Sidney

Quote from: moysider on April 26, 2015, 05:15:10 PM

Was it Coors Light? Must be minding the figure. Could be worse - a can of Dutch or bottle of Buckie.
Buckfast is not popular in Dublin. We leave that to Armagh and Galway people. Bizarre that, really, how two counties such a long way away from each other are, independently, the two hotspots for that sacred yet evil tipple.

Put Up That Flag

I think there is little doubt we have saw the all Ireland champions in action today due to the sheer ruthlessness and skill in the forwards on display,  well done champions elect the Rossies! Syferus will no doubt back me up,  that is assuming he is on the roscommon bandwagon today instead of the mayo one, although its hard to know at the best of times where he is from.