All Ireland Minor Championship 2015

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2015, 10:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Really poor performance, admittedly with a great comeback that masks that somewhat. Midfield won a mountain of balls but we never looked like scoring a point. We just couldn't kick the ball, almost everything we got to their 45 we elected to lump ball in on top an isolated player that was being double marked. Didn't look like we were reading the field well at any point. Really disjointed stuff.

I do think there are some players there that have brighter days ahead but in terms of basics something went very wrong tonight.

Sligo are good but like their seniors are non-existent in the air and it will prevent them from getting the best from that team. CK would want to temper his expectations because if they're supposed to be AI contenders there's no way we should have been anywhere near them with the performance we gave.

sligoman2

Nearly had a heart attack listening to the game on shannonside.  Wishie Hegarty was very enjoyable and funny, only mentioned Sligo player names on a few occasions and half the time it was the redhead or the corner forward.
Full credit to Roscommon for a great comeback, it's worrying that we gave up an eight point lead but encouraging that we were able to step up and finish it.  Great two weeks for Sligo football and brilliant to be in the minor and senior final.
Would love to hear from anyone who was at the match, it seemed Roscommon finished both halves very strongly but apart from that we seemed to turn them over and control the rest of the game.

Well done to all involved, we've messed the Connacht council twice in the last two weeks as the number of Rosie's going to the final will be way down.
Our first minor final in 17 years really hoping we can finally capture a minor Connacht title.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

giveballaghback

Very poor standard of football from Ros minors this evening, worst performance at this level for ten years,shake up now needed for our underage structures and development squads, two poor seasons at minor level now so a freshen up and new thinking is required, skill levels were terrible and something I did not expect, could not even do the basics right, turnover after turnover.
All that said we have punched above our weight for several years and lets hope we can get back on track again.

Itchy

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 03, 2015, 09:15:09 PM
Very poor standard of football from Ros minors this evening, worst performance at this level for ten years,shake up now needed for our underage structures and development squads, two poor seasons at minor level now so a freshen up and new thinking is required, skill levels were terrible and something I did not expect, could not even do the basics right, turnover after turnover.
All that said we have punched above our weight for several years and lets hope we can get back on track again.

Totally agree, there is no way possible that Real Roscommon u18 team can be below supernatural standard two years in a row. A public lashing for those responsible for this outrage.

baoithe

Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2015, 09:08:04 PM
Really poor performance, admittedly with a great comeback that masks that somewhat. Midfield won a mountain of balls but we never looked like scoring a point. We just couldn't kick the ball, almost everything we got to their 45 we elected to lump ball in on top an isolated player that was being double marked. Didn't look like we were reading the field well at any point. Really disjointed stuff.

I do think there are some players there that have brighter days ahead but in terms of basics something went very wrong tonight.

Sligo are good but like their seniors are non-existent in the air and it will prevent them from getting the best from that team. CK would want to temper his expectations because if they're supposed to be AI contenders there's no way we should have been anywhere near them with the performance we gave.

Didn't you say the following in advance of the senior game on Stolensheep?

We managed to beat them even when they won the minor league this year. Sligo have developed a similar mental block with us that we have with Galway and Mayo.

Let's not break the circuit in the biggest game of the lot. Prediction, Sligo will to try to Tyrone us but fail, relatively comfortable victory in the final 15 minutes. This isn't our moment of truth.

Whatever about CK's predictions, you are one to talk.

Congratulations to St Farnan's on our input.

Syferus

Quote from: baoithe on July 03, 2015, 09:27:46 PM

We managed to beat them even when they won the minor league this year. Sligo have developed a similar mental block with us that we have with Galway and Mayo.

Let's not break the circuit in the biggest game of the lot. Prediction, Sligo will to try to Tyrone us but fail, relatively comfortable victory in the final 15 minutes. This isn't our moment of truth.

Do you have any point bringing up something about a senior game (from another forum no less) here?

You seem a little obsessed to say the least.

Itchy

If only Yeates was alive to pen a poem about the year Sligo beat the greatest assembled team ever to come from East Connacht in 2015 in two matches

manfromdelmonte

Syferus

baoithe

Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2015, 09:42:08 PM

Do you have any point bringing up something about a senior game (from another forum no less) here?

I made my point.

Syferus

Quote from: baoithe on July 03, 2015, 10:21:02 PM

I made my point.

I don't think you can call that a point.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2015, 10:26:28 PM
Quote from: baoithe on July 03, 2015, 10:21:02 PM

I made my point.

I don't think you can call that a point.
The three points we won by tonight are all that matters. Now off with you to salvage something from the wreckage in Breffni tomorrow.

Great to be in our first minor final since 1998, and the first time since the backdoor came into minor, so we'll have two more games out of this team, but hopefully the minor hoodoo can be ended, the memories of our last two finals are awful. Incidentally is this the first time Sligo will have contested the minor and senior finals in one year?

Rossfan

Well done Sligo , much superior well drilled side.
As for us - see Ballagh's post above.
Serious shake up needed as we've totally regressed the last few years.
Good spirit shown in the late comeback but doesn't mask the negatives.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2