Best & Worst GAA jerseys of All Time

Started by Feckitt, April 01, 2015, 01:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

This is my favourite GAA jersey of all time, modelled by a slimline Joe McNally, and also by myself (not pictured) on special occasions.

seafoid

the 1980s Cork jersey was a lovely shade of red and had the simplicity that makes a good jersey

Compared to the horse's arse of later versions - the Chill logo doesn't go with red , for example

Sidney

Proper Cork jerseys have to have a white collar like the one sported above by Seanie Leary*.

And no giant white hairs** on the lower part of the jersey.

*Seanie Leary, not Seanie O'Leary.

**Although that could possibly be a side on view of a garden fork.

AZOffaly

What's a 'garden fork'? Bleedin' Dubs. A Beet fork, which has the rounded tines at the end, or a pitch fork, with the sharp tines, I could put up with. Even a 'pike' would have been more authentic even though there's an extra tine.  But a 'garden fork'? Abomination.

Sidney

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 03, 2015, 10:19:46 AM
What's a 'garden fork'? Bleedin' Dubs. A Beet fork, which has the rounded tines at the end, or a pitch fork, with the sharp tines, I could put up with. Even a 'pike' would have been more authentic even though there's an extra tine.  But a 'garden fork'? Abomination.
I wasn't aware there was any other type of garden fork, apart from what normal people call a garden fork, as I am urban and chic and not from a rural backwater where differences between garden forks may well be a regular topic of discussion due to the overwhelming boredom of living there.

AZOffaly

Keyser soze

He means a grape. But the one in that pic has only three tines.

Orior

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 03, 2015, 12:26:29 PM

Don't you mean graip?

In my day, pitch forks had two tines. Graips could have had 3 or 4.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Lone Shark

Never mind  the Dubs AZ, I'm wondering now did you have a secret Carlow upbringing I wasn't aware of? I'm all too familiar with the implement you refer to as a beet fork, I've spent many hours blistering my hands with it, but whether in Offaly or Roscommon, it's only ever been called (in my company anyway) after its primary use - a turf fork. Or was there work to be had on a beet farm somewhere around Cloghan that I missed?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Orior on April 03, 2015, 12:45:43 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on April 03, 2015, 12:26:29 PM

Don't you mean graip?

In my day, pitch forks had two tines. Graips could have had 3 or 4.

Pitchforks still only have 2 prongs.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Lone Shark on April 03, 2015, 09:10:09 PM

Never mind  the Dubs AZ, I'm wondering now did you have a secret Carlow upbringing I wasn't aware of? I'm all too familiar with the implement you refer to as a beet fork, I've spent many hours blistering my hands with it, but whether in Offaly or Roscommon, it's only ever been called (in my company anyway) after its primary use - a turf fork. Or was there work to be had on a beet farm somewhere around Cloghan that I missed?

We only used it for turf as well, but still called it a beet fork.