Best & Worst GAA jerseys of All Time

Started by Feckitt, April 01, 2015, 01:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

I was sent an email of a terrible looking jersey a few years ago. IIRC, 2 clubs merged in Limerick, one with horizontal stripes, one with vertical and neither backed down when it came to who's stripes would be on the new jersey so both were accommodated and no I don't mean a checked pattern either.

Owenmoresider

This should provide much help here:
http://www.prideinthejersey.com/jerseysindex.html

For our own part we've had a steady stream of crap jersies since Azzurri took over but the worst of the lot is the present one by Kukri, the  name being somewhat appropriate:

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on April 01, 2015, 04:21:23 PM
This is the worst geansai we've had . . .

I still have that jersey and would wear it to training.  Loved the retro Down top from two or three years ago.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

The 1978 Mayo jersey was much nicer than the "motheren' stuff
which has to change every year for commercial purposes

KISS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFt1XlwZ1Zc

cuconnacht

Quote from: blanketattack on April 01, 2015, 10:01:47 PM
I was sent an email of a terrible looking jersey a few years ago. IIRC, 2 clubs merged in Limerick, one with horizontal stripes, one with vertical and neither backed down when it came to who's stripes would be on the new jersey so both were accommodated and no I don't mean a checked pattern either.
:)
Sounds ingenius to me.Man on the ground receiving treatment:`anyone for a game of Xs and Os,,no, spot of draughts then?` ;D

JoG2

Quote from: Owenmoresider on April 01, 2015, 11:35:27 PM
This should provide much help here:
http://www.prideinthejersey.com/jerseysindex.html

For our own part we've had a steady stream of crap jersies since Azzurri took over but the worst of the lot is the present one by Kukri, the  name being somewhat appropriate:

takes some doing to muck up a predominantly black strip !

JoG2

would anyone have a pic of the Kerry Adidas strip?

Rufus T Firefly

Always liked the Sarsfields (Cork) jersey.

The 1980 All Ireland semi-final between Roscommon and Armagh where both sides wore change kits - two of the nicest jerseys you will ever see - will try and get an image of it later.

Plain of the Herbs

Dromcollogher-Broadford?  Black and amber vertical stripes, with a horizontal red hoop across the middle and with red collars and cuffs.
Quote from: blanketattack on April 01, 2015, 10:01:47 PM

Sidney

Good:

Cork's blood and bandage is one of the iconic colour combinations in the GAA. This was a particularly good example for the 1984 All-Ireland final.

Down's 1991 kit was a beauty.

I liked this Derry kit, they only wore it 1992. A lot of other teams copied the hoop on the shoulder but none worked as well.

The Kerry Adidas kit

Both of these kits were simple but elegant - apart from the Vodafone logo which spoiled the Dublin kit a bit.

You can't beat simplicity when it comes to GAA jersey designs. Limerick 2013.

Sidney

Two more Cork ones here.

The hooped goalkeeper jersey has always been iconic.

Can't find a colour photograph of the 1973 All-Ireland football final kit. A variation on this theme also came up trumps for Cork in the 2010 final.

tippabu

We've had a few horrible ones the last few years, would love a traditional on without little addons.

Can't believe no one mentioned the Wexford one from a few years ago, like the derry one shown in this thread it was one of them blended colours one and just looks like a cheap fake one