Best & Worst GAA jerseys of All Time

Started by Feckitt, April 01, 2015, 01:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Always liked the Armagh away on the rare occasion they wear it. Down away for some reason I like also.

UCC has to be the most iconic kit in the country.

seafoid

The Tipp hurling jersey is sponsored by Enfer which means "hell" in French (no mention of "kitchen")
And it seems to go well with playing the cats in finals.

http://tipptatler.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ONLC020-2T.jpg

Sidney

Bad:

One of Kerry's most successful jerseys was also their worst ever. A really horrible effort here.

Dublin had the look of losers in this abomination. 17 point losers, to be precise.

Another shocker of a design from Dublin. The white collar just doesn't work.

A blobby eyesore from Tipperary which has rightly been replaced after just one year.

Donegal making the opposition dizzy due to the whirlpool effect on their jerseys was a key factor in their rise to glory.

Armagh's 2002 jersey was by no means a classic. Hard to make orange look attractive in any event but this certainly didn't.

Really nasty combination of different shades of green here on Limerick's 208-2010 jersey.

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2015, 01:11:29 PM
The Tipp hurling jersey is sponsored by Enfer which means "hell" in French (no mention of "kitchen")

Tipp haven't been sponsored by Enfer with years. Skoda have just finished up and its now Elverys / Intersport. I think the new one is manky.

macdanger2

Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2015, 09:39:47 AM
The 1978 Mayo jersey was much nicer than the "motheren' stuff
which has to change every year for commercial purposes

KISS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFt1XlwZ1Zc

Some comeback.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 02, 2015, 02:50:07 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2015, 01:11:29 PM

Tipp haven't been sponsored by Enfer with years. Skoda have just finished up and its now Elverys / Intersport. I think the new one is manky.
I think most of the new ones are manky, actually
the need to continually change them is a problem
Same for rugby jerseys.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Can't find a pic of it online, but the blue Kerry jersey in 1998/99 was the nicest I've ever seen. It was similar to this one-off jersey from the 2011 semi final, except it had all white trim.

I also like some of the Down jerseys..the current effort is good, apart from the sponsors logo being too big IMO.

I'd agree with a previous poster on the UCC jersey also, really nice..and this away jersey from a few years ago was mint.

In terms of worst, couple of pics below would be amongst the worst. First is of Whitechurch, a junior club on Cork. Second is a Wexford effort from a few years back..atrocious.

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Farrandeelin

I preferred when Mayo had the red hoop the whole way round. Like the 96+99 variety.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 01, 2015, 01:59:02 PM
In the 1981 final I think Offaly had the stripes down the side, similar to an old Coventry City kit at the time. The 1982 Final was where the green and gold went across the shoulder and chest. I thought that was lovely. In 1981 Kerry had that shiny abomination alright, but I think in 1982 they had a plain green with gold collar and cuffs.

That Offaly jersey from 1982 is still my favourite jersey, although they have had some other nice white jerseys in the meantime in fairness. The current one isn't bad at all.

I, along with a lot of others, love the 1981 Kerry Jersey...been trying to get my hands on one for years. They were adidas jerseys, just covered them with patches for the final. The 1982 final Kerry jerseys were rank IMO.

The 1982 Offaly jersey wasn't bad for its time in fairness
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

gibbs32

Roscommons jersey is beautiful. It is also the only county with the map of roscommon with relevant clubs imprinted on back. One word. Class

Farrandeelin

Quote from: gibbs32 on April 02, 2015, 04:55:33 PM
Roscommons jersey is beautiful. It is also the only county with the map of roscommon with relevant clubs imprinted on back. One word. Class

Well what other county would print a map of Roscommon on their jerseys? :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gibbs32

There is always one to catch me out.you are correct but u no wot i mean.check it out. Only county with imprint on back. I do hope we can make the late great dermot earley proud

Eamonnca1

Hard to beat the San Francisco youth jersey

Hardy

Quote from: Plain of the Herbs on April 02, 2015, 11:55:22 AM
Dromcollogher-Broadford?  Black and amber vertical stripes, with a horizontal red hoop across the middle and with red collars and cuffs.
Quote from: blanketattack on April 01, 2015, 10:01:47 PM
I was sent an email of a terrible looking jersey a few years ago. IIRC, 2 clubs merged in Limerick, one with horizontal stripes, one with vertical and neither backed down when it came to who's stripes would be on the new jersey so both were accommodated and no I don't mean a checked pattern either.

Skullers Bar - excellent!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.