Who can stop Mayo 2015?

Started by ONeill, March 27, 2015, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I was doing a bit of number stuff and it turns out Mayo have never lost an All-Ireland Final on September 20th. This year's final is on..........September 20th.

For the record, Mayo have been pipped on:

December 17th
June 17th
September 17th, 17th, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 26th, 28th, 29th.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

gibbs32

The curse of 51 is the reason. 4 left i heard. Rossies for connaught

magpie seanie

Have they played any on Sept 20th?

Last chance for them this year. Will be a long time before we're subjected to another Mayo Taoiseach after the current debacle.

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 28, 2015, 01:12:14 AM
Have they played any on Sept 20th?

Last chance for them this year. Will be a long time before we're subjected to another Mayo Taoiseach after the current debacle.

If the other options for Taoiseach weren't a gombeen deeply to blame for the real debacle and the head of an international terrorist organisation then I'd be more willing to agree.

rrhf

Aaron Boone

You can be guaranteed Mayo won't be far away anyway and will probably take out of the major guns along the way.

Rossfan

Who are the teams with a realistic or half decent chance of Sam this year?
The 5 last winners plus Mayowestros ( Kerry, Dublin, Donegal, Cork and scraping the barrel Tyrone).
I didn't know Sinn Féin was "an international terrorist organisation" but if a 15 year old from West Ros says so......sure it must be true.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tom boyd

Mayo will probably stop themselves if  they reach the final

blanketattack

This year will be the first of Roscommon's 5-in-a-row before they take a break for a year and then do 6-in-a-row, so all teams should be getting their ducks lined up in a row for their one chance of success in 2020.

Aristo 60

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2015, 09:41:31 AM
Who are the teams with a realistic or half decent chance of Sam this year?
The 5 last winners plus Mayowestros ( Kerry, Dublin, Donegal, Cork and scraping the barrel Tyrone).
I didn't know Sinn Féin was "an international terrorist organisation" but if a 15 year old from West Ros says so......sure it must be true.

I think the Mayo team will go into a decline now, last year was a great chance for them. I just dont see the players coming through and from what I hear in Mayo the new management team isnt up to much. Tyrone will be tough to beat as will Donegal but I cant see them challenging. Cork, Dublin or Kerry for me are the only real contenders. All Joking aside the likes of Roscommon are not that far away, they have what many don't have - some top notch forwards coming through.

ONeill

The West needs an All-Ireland. I'd say there's no one out there under the age of 20 who can remember a Sam homecoming.

These children need heroes. All they talk about now is Kardashian and Minecraft.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 28, 2015, 12:55:36 PM
. Cork, Dublin or Kerry for me are the only real contenders. All Joking aside the likes of Roscommon are not that far away, they have what many don't have - some top notch forwards coming through.
We have a few but are young and a bit green yet.
Now if we could improve defence and midfield and learn the art of quick ball out of defence and men running into the gaping holes in the wing forward areas..........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

For f.... sake o neill starting another thread about Mayo, will you leave them alone when they are half quiet, start something up about derry or donegal or carlow but for f..sake dont disturb the rhubarbs when they are quiet , they will be barking all night and the neighbours wont get any sleep.