Who can stop Mayo 2015?

Started by ONeill, March 27, 2015, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewildcat

Quote from: ONeill on March 28, 2015, 01:08:56 PM
The West needs an All-Ireland. I'd say there's no one out there under the age of 20 who can remember a Sam homecoming.

These children need heroes. All they talk about now is Kardashian and Minecraft.

thats as long as Mickey Harte is over Tyrone, his days are number to you feel.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

larryin89

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 28, 2015, 12:55:36 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2015, 09:41:31 AM
Who are the teams with a realistic or half decent chance of Sam this year?
The 5 last winners plus Mayowestros ( Kerry, Dublin, Donegal, Cork and scraping the barrel Tyrone).
I didn't know Sinn Féin was "an international terrorist organisation" but if a 15 year old from West Ros says so......sure it must be true.

I think the Mayo team will go into a decline now, last year was a great chance for them. I just dont see the players coming through and from what I hear in Mayo the new management team isnt up to much. Tyrone will be tough to beat as will Donegal but I cant see them challenging. Cork, Dublin or Kerry for me are the only real contenders. All Joking aside the likes of Roscommon are not that far away, they have what many don't have - some top notch forwards coming through.

Aye Roscommon are not far away for sure, ross4sam.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Think title should be changed to Who will stop Mayo 2015? The ship has sailed! We are now behind Galway (with the emergence of Corofin) and Roscommon (flying in Division 2). Last year both Connacht teams were unlucky not to beat us. Kerry last year showed us that we are going backward beating us well in both games and extra time. O' Shea and O'Connor were almost non existent for the second half of the second game in Limerick. We failed to adapt to Cormac Reilly in the Limerick game. A wiser team would have seen that basket ball non contact rules applied in this game to both O'Donaghue and Donaghy. This is where Liam McHale would have come to the fore as he understands the full court press of basketball and would have cancelled Cormac Reillys influence. Luckily if we do by some miracle get to a AI semi final and it does go to a replay, the replay will be in Croker. I'm not sure how i know this, lets call it intuition.  This will save time that management would other wise have to devote to friendlies in Leinster provincial grounds to cover this anomaly. You have to cover these anomalies if you have AI aspirations (you know). Our squad is weak, there are no cover for nearly all positions. No new blood has been found. We have no marquee forwards. We have no forwards. No place kickers. No way of getting scores (really!). Look at the stats over the last couple of years. Managements record is very weak! What has Pat Holmes won? A county title, a Connacht club title, a league title and a under 21 AI title. Nothing to write home about. We are on a spiral and there is nothing we can do about it bar watch from a near. So what does the year ahead hold? A loss probably to Galway if not a loss to Roscommon, if not a loss to Tyrone, if not a loss to Dublin, and if not another inevitable loss to Kerry in the AI final!

muppet

MWWSI 2017

maigheo

well that settles that Bunker.Looking forward to the 2016 championship already.

twohands!!!

Quote from: maigheo on March 28, 2015, 06:41:12 PM
well that settles that Bunker.Looking forward to the 20016 championship already.

Someone has discovered the secret to immortality....

From the Bunker

Quote from: maigheo on March 28, 2015, 06:41:12 PM
well that settles that Bunker.Looking forward to the 20016 championship already.

Advocatus Diaboli

maigheo

my mistake  :))but reading the Willie joe blog we might have to wait until then to win Sam

giveballaghback

As we saw today they will stop themselves.  ;D

larryin89

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 29, 2015, 06:53:31 PM

Ahh yeah that's true buddy , tbh im just hoping Galway get the win over us in the summer, it's scary to think what the ros would do to us.

I hope Ye win the sam Maguire cup now, all of Mayo will roar ye on to victory when yer above in the big shmoke late summer and early autumn .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

redzone

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 28, 2015, 05:32:22 PM
Think title should be changed to Who will stop Mayo 2015? The ship has sailed! We are now behind Galway (with the emergence of Corofin) and Roscommon (flying in Division 2). Last year both Connacht teams were unlucky not to beat us. Kerry last year showed us that we are going backward beating us well in both games and extra time. O' Shea and O'Connor were almost non existent for the second half of the second game in Limerick. We failed to adapt to Cormac Reilly in the Limerick game. A wiser team would have seen that basket ball non contact rules applied in this game to both O'Donaghue and Donaghy. This is where Liam McHale would have come to the fore as he understands the full court press of basketball and would have cancelled Cormac Reillys influence. Luckily if we do by some miracle get to a AI semi final and it does go to a replay, the replay will be in Croker. I'm not sure how i know this, lets call it intuition.  This will save time that management would other wise have to devote to friendlies in Leinster provincial grounds to cover this anomaly. You have to cover these anomalies if you have AI aspirations (you know). Our squad is weak, there are no cover for nearly all positions. No new blood has been found. We have no marquee forwards. We have no forwards. No place kickers. No way of getting scores (really!). Look at the stats over the last couple of years. Managements record is very weak! What has Pat Holmes won? A county title, a Connacht club title, a league title and a under 21 AI title. Nothing to write home about. We are on a spiral and there is nothing we can do about it bar watch from a near. So what does the year ahead hold? A loss probably to Galway if not a loss to Roscommon, if not a loss to Tyrone, if not a loss to Dublin, and if not another inevitable loss to Kerry in the AI final!

That's 1 thing you look forward to when things aren't going well in tyrone. You can always rely on mayo to cheer you up as they will always be having a shitty time than you

sans pessimism

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 29, 2015, 06:53:31 PM
have ya cleaned up after shittin yer own nehst today
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

From the Bunker

Quote from: redzone on March 29, 2015, 07:33:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 28, 2015, 05:32:22 PM

That's 1 thing you look forward to when things aren't going well in tyrone. You can always rely on mayo to cheer you up as they will always be having a shitty time than you

Yeah, and the one thing that cheers me up is that at least when we do lose at some stage of the championship we get to see some football along the way. Jez, it must be fearce depressing being a Tyrone supporter watching the muck they churn in week in week out and losing at the end of it!  ;)

ONeill

With Northern Ireland going well we're suckin diesel up here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.