Corcaigh v Maigh Eo, Páirc Uí Rinn, 29ú Marta @ 1400

Started by macdanger2, March 23, 2015, 10:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

We have a 14 point better point diff than Kerry I make it and 17 better than Tyrone.

mayoman dan

Quote from: moysider on March 29, 2015, 05:02:52 PM

Mission accomplished so. A semi would be a bonus but do we really want to be playing the Dubs again so soon :'( :-\ :-[ :-[ :-[

Getting Cillian fit and keeping Parsons fit for championship would be nice.

Getting Regan fit and firing will improve us too.A bit of coaching abut how to hold onto a lead would do us no harm either.

moysider

Quote from: mayoman dan on March 29, 2015, 11:09:46 PM

Mission accomplished so. A semi would be a bonus but do we really want to be playing the Dubs again so soon :'( :-\ :-[ :-[ :-[

Getting Regan fit and firing will improve us too.A bit of coaching abut how to hold onto a lead would do us no harm either.

Regan! You re having a laugh right?? The Kaiser Sose of Mayo football. Most Mayo fans don t even know he exists. He s up against it now.

Correct about holding onto a lead. Both goals were bad but the winning one was criminal. If you re a coach you tell lads not to cross the ball because it is nearly invariably a waste of time. Except if you re playing Mayo. Yeah, Hurley was hungry and attacked it and fair play but there was a Mayo defender (name with editor) there who was on his heels. 9/10 that s a backs ball and the 1/10 times this shit happens is against us. Ah well.

mayoman dan

Quote from: moysider on March 29, 2015, 11:33:49 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on March 29, 2015, 11:09:46 PM

Regan! You re having a laugh right?? The Kaiser Sose of Mayo football. Most Mayo fans don t even know he exists. He s up against it now.

Correct about holding onto a lead. Both goals were bad but the winning one was criminal. If you re a coach you tell lads not to cross the ball because it is nearly invariably a waste of time. Except if you re playing Mayo. Yeah, Hurley was hungry and attacked it and fair play but there was a Mayo defender (name with editor) there who was on his heels. 9/10 that s a backs ball and the 1/10 times this shit happens is against us. Ah well.

I still think theres a spot up for grabs in the forwards Moy granted it will tough for Regan but i still think he will get a go.If kicking it toward a big man at ff is the plan then we need accurate fellas playing off him and i believe Cillian and Regan are our 2 most accurate forwards.Great to see Parsons doing well today i could not make the game but it sounded like we went with 12 men behind the ball.Did our half backs do any attacking today?

moysider

Wasn t there either Dan and listening to a match on MidWest is a bit like playing X-box blindfolded. Not a clue what is going on.

Vaughan scored from play but you don t know how things were if you re not there. Parsons scored 0-3 and did a lot more besides which is some boost. Getting a fit parsons back is like signing a top midfielder and a leader to boot.

We were getting men behind the ball v Dublin as well but may have been as well cardboard-cut-outs. Not being there today I would suspect that we did 200% better winning possession. Barry and TP did well but Cork are not the world leaders in midfield so we were expecting to do well there. That is why losing today is a wretch. We should be in the semis already. And in fairness to MW they did acknowledge the amount of Cork ball we turned over as well.

Best of luck to Reagan but things have not gone in his favour.

Mayo4Sam

I was down there and I saw a few things differently that what I'm reading here. Going through the team

Clarke - excellent kick outs, came out well against Hurley (?) I think in the second half and stopped a score. Hard to tell for the second goal

Keane - worrys me, worrys the bejaysus out of me. Was dragged out the field and doesnt seem to have ball playing skills

Caff - Colm O'Neill was taken off scoreless, enough said

HB line - finally got back to running the ball and attacking, where the f**k has that been all year? That's what we do, it's how we play, these lads run at speed. Rusty, probably because they haven't done it in the first 5 games

B Moran - poor, very poor.
Parsons - MOTM, excellent direct running.
I wonder at the decisions though why was Moran picking up Goulding? Their forward playing midfield, surely that should have been parsons?

DOC/K McL - both got through a site of ball and won a lot of breaks
AOS - there was almost a riot when the announcer called him ashore after 10 mins of the second half

Dillon - I thought played well, wouldn't have been the first Man id have taken off
Ronaldson - doesn't make enough runs for me
Kirby - did ok in the first half and was kinda isolated. I was amazed when he was taken off with 2 mins left, I thought he hasn't come out for the second half, honestly

Conroy - gets fouled and a black to boot, an absolute joke
CoS - a bit green and probably the one to blame for not taking the cork lad down which should have happened all day everyday. But it was him so Id give it a pass. Showed good effort and Id like to see more

Sweeney - would have him before Ronny
Coen - didn't stand out, which Id generally take as a good thing for a midfielder

I wasn't too upset by yesterday, a huge improvement from Dublin. The first 20 mins was like a continuation of the dublin game and then we woke up, 5 points down. Meant we only went in a point up and there was a huge swirling breeze, we did well to stick with them. Slightly less pessimistic about the summer
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

And before I forget, how is Kerrigan such a fat f**k? The hole on him

larryin89

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 30, 2015, 10:19:04 AM

Haha, he has a fair turn of pace though in fairness.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ballinaman

;D
Say that's where he generates the speed from to be fair...tis all in the glutes over a short distance...wouldn't fancy him over 350 metres though!

Sound for the analysis, hard to know what's going on from Midwest...

joemamas

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 30, 2015, 09:49:33 AM
I was down there and I saw a few things differently that what I'm reading here. Going through the team

Clarke - excellent kick outs, came out well against Hurley (?) I think in the second half and stopped a score. Hard to tell for the second goal

Keane - worrys me, worrys the bejaysus out of me. Was dragged out the field and doesnt seem to have ball playing skills

HB line - finally got back to running the ball and attacking, where the f**k has that been all year? That's what we do, it's how we play, these lads run at speed. Rusty, probably because they haven't done it in the first 5 games

I wonder at the decisions though why was Moran picking up Goulding? Their forward playing midfield, surely that should have been parsons?

AOS - there was almost a riot when the announcer called him ashore after 10 mins of the second half

Dillon - I thought played well, wouldn't have been the first Man id have taken off
Kirby - did ok in the first half and was kinda isolated. I was amazed when he was taken off with 2 mins left, I thought he hasn't come out for the second half, honestly

CoS - a bit green and probably the one to blame for not taking the cork lad down which should have happened all day everyday. But it was him so Id give it a pass. Showed good effort and Id like to see more

Coen - didn't stand out, which Id generally take as a good thing for a midfielder

I wasn't too upset by yesterday, a huge improvement from Dublin. The first 20 mins was like a continuation of the dublin game and then we woke up, 5 points down. Meant we only went in a point up and there was a huge swirling breeze, we did well to stick with them. Slightly less pessimistic about the summer

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Mayo4Sam

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on March 30, 2015, 10:37:22 AM

Haha, he has a fair turn of pace though in fairness.

Same build as his father Jimmy!

moysider

Quote from: joemamas on March 30, 2015, 01:55:13 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 30, 2015, 09:49:33 AM

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

+1

Barry's poor form is a concern but not a surprise. He looks to have lost a yard but early days yet. Good to hear Caff. is getting some form and confidence back. He looked dreadful a couple of months ago. We could do with Keane making the step up though because Caff. always likely to be in trouble against the real big men.

mayoman dan

Barry's poor form is a concern but not a surprise. He looks to have lost a yard but early days yet. Good to hear Caff. is getting some form and confidence back. He looked dreadful a couple of months ago. We could do with Keane making the step up though because Caff. always likely to be in trouble against the real big men.
[/quote]

I believe Caff was carrying an injury for most of last year.Might explain his poor season because he is a quality defender.

Chimley

We're still vulnerable at the back, I think, to the high ball and people running at us. Keane is not the quickest and Dublin and Cork exploited that very well. The problem is that this lack of pace is more evident at cb so it's full back or nothing for him in my view. I read somewhere that he was pulled out the field yesterday and that he struggled a bit. He needs to pick up the man nearest to goals.
Cafferkey will come good again I think and he has the experience to deal with most forwards.
Delighted for Parsons. I said before the game that he was the best of our midfielders against Kerry last year, so to get a full summers run at it could be huge for us.
I'd like to see how our tactics develop from here. 12 men behind the ball is fine unless you leave the remaining men up the field isolated through lack of support. This is an alien concept for Mayo, so there will be teething problems if we persist with the tactic. I'd hope that it would have a better effect on our goal concession rate than we saw yesterday or else what's the point.