Corcaigh v Maigh Eo, Páirc Uí Rinn, 29ú Marta @ 1400

Started by macdanger2, March 23, 2015, 10:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayoman dan

Quote from: moysider on March 29, 2015, 03:49:32 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on March 29, 2015, 03:35:35 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 29, 2015, 03:28:48 PM
Close the game down. FFS.

A foreign concept to a Mayo team.But dont worry lessons will be learned from today >:(

I take it you re being sarcastic.
Sounds like a much improved response but a choke is a choke. Tom Parson's return to form is massive for us and sounds like Kirby was decent. If our scoring return matched the effort we would have won with a bit to spare. Doc's miss unforgivable in the circumstances.

Next weekend is for Div 1 lives.

Ya im being sarcastic moy because thats the shite were going to have to listen to now for the next week.Its that bit of cuteness thats costing us time and time again.Taking quick free kicks when were holding on to a lead is the height of stupidity yet we persist with it over and over again

larryin89

At the coach station n Cork and mixed feelings, disappointed we didn't close it out but a much improved performance . Conditions play a massive part in these league games , funny aul wind to deal with in the second half and cork had the same problem in the first obviously.

Parsons showed if he stays injury free he will be part of this team for sure.

I went towards the dug out with 10 to go for the quick exit, there is a lack of coridination with the four bucks, Andy should of been on before the goal , we needed to play the clock, we needed to foul before they got near a goal chance , all this should of came from the line, they really need to buck up their ideas and get used of the top level.

Onwards and upwards though , what a game that's in store for Castlebar next week.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

maigheo

with Monaghan beating Kerry it looks like we will stay up even if we lose to Donegal next week but with Michael Murphy suspended I think we will beat them

Nihilist

Quote from: maigheo on March 29, 2015, 04:37:24 PM
with Monaghan beating Kerry it looks like we will stay up even if we lose to Donegal next week but with Michael Murphy suspended I think we will beat them

Ya - we're sound after Kerry losing. It's down now between themselves and Tyrone next weekend to see who gets relegated. Tyrone have to beat Kerry by at least 4 points or more though or else hope for a draw between us and Donegal plus a 1 point win.

Winner takes all for the fourth spot in the League between ourselves and Donegal. Although draw will do them after today's impressive scoring.

moysider

Yes. Looks like we re safe. I make it we re safe.
If we lose and Tyrone win it will be Kerry going down as a result of the head to head rule. If kerry win or draw Tyrone are gone.
However if we win we should make the semi-finals.

larryin89

Is semi final line ups predetermined ie First v fourth, second v third ?

maigheo

Tyrone must beat Kerry and hope Mayo and Donegal draw then they will stay up on head to head v kerry.

moysider

Mission accomplished so. A semi would be a bonus but do we really want to be playing the Dubs again so soon :'( :-\ :-[ :-[ :-[

Getting Cillian fit and keeping Parsons fit for championship would be nice.

macdanger2

cuconnacht

Quote from: moysider on March 29, 2015, 05:02:52 PM

Mission accomplished so. A semi would be a bonus but do we really want to be playing the Dubs again so soon :'( :-\ :-[ :-[ :-[

playing im nearly sure keeps ya fit :)

larryin89

Ummm I'm not sure tbh, it's 11 weeks I think till Salthill though so might be no harm in gettin another game under our belts , we need to remain on an upward cuve now if we are serious about another lash at it. Some mighty signs today imo, we looked sharper . Kirby had his man beat three times in first 20 mins but slipped  in possession , seem to be a fair bit of slippin goin on. Ronaldson proving me wrong and could be a right threat on a good dry day. Parsons was brilliant and great composure for his scores too.

So you could be looking at Seamie and parsons in the middle , freeing up AOS for  CHF / third midfielder depending on opposition with the option of putting him on the square ( kirby option too) . Cillian to come back in too. Not bad for a team in free fall.

macdanger2

Any word on Regan? Presume he's still a bit away from fitness?

Nihilist

Dubs have 7 points. It's possible (and not highly unlikely) that Monaghan beat them above in Clones. If Kerry and ourselves or Donegal win then Dubs are outta League semis.

Bizzare thing is that one of all four of ourselves, Donegal, Kerry and Tyrone can also get relegated depending on results and scores.

So still  lots of permutations for the last day.

moysider

Quote from: Nihilist on March 29, 2015, 05:27:51 PM

Dubs have 7 points. It's possible (and not highly unlikely) that Monaghan beat them above in Clones. If Kerry and ourselves or Donegal win then Dubs are outta League semis.

Bizzare thing is that one of all four of ourselves, Donegal, Kerry and Tyrone can also get relegated depending on results and scores.

So still  lots of permutations for the last day.

Don t think we can go down?

maigheo

we could still go down if donegal beat us by about 11 or 12 points and tyrone beat kerry