All-Ireland club final - Slaughtneil v Corofin

Started by theticklemister, March 11, 2015, 11:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 11, 2015, 03:12:00 PM
Corofin to win this comfortably.

genuine question MM, why do you think Corofin will win this handy?

giveherlong

Who are the county hurlers corofin have and what club do they hurl with?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 11, 2015, 03:15:18 PM

Your talking as much sense on this thread as you do on the Man United one. Obviously haven't watched Slaughtneil too often!

Corofin are 30/100, I clearly won't be the only one.

Captain Obvious

From viewing the two All Ireland semi finals,Ulster,Connacht finals on TG4 Corofin should win this All Ireland final by about four points.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: JoG2 on March 11, 2015, 03:52:46 PM

genuine question MM, why do you think Corofin will win this handy?

Based on what I've seen from both teams so far, the bookies agree with me.

galwayman

Quote from: giveherlong on March 11, 2015, 03:58:14 PM
Who are the county hurlers corofin have and what club do they hurl with?
They have one county hurler - Daithi Burke who hurls with Turloughmore.
His brother Ronan is also a county hurler.I'm not sure if he's still on the Corofin panel or what the story is there.He wouldn't be anywhere close to being a starter with Corofin now.

Franko

Going down easy isn't something Slaughtneil generally do (I don't think I ever remember it happening tbh).  Corofin may win but I don't see it being by a lot.

Club Rossa

macdanger2

Syferus

Your talking as much sense on this thread as you do on the Man United one. Obviously haven't watched Slaughtneil too often!

He's probably right though. No team has even hung with Corofin this season. It would be a massive shock if the Derry lads make a serious game of it going into the final quarter. Corofin look to be one of those Crossmaglen-esque runs and it's very hard to see any club team stopping.

Seems like this thread is going down the line of provincial support predictions, but Corofin are heavy favourites for a good reason.

The Worker

Are premium tickets for this easy enough to come by?

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on March 12, 2015, 12:36:57 AM

He's probably right though. No team has even hung with Corofin this season. It would be a massive shock if the Derry lads make a serious game of it going into the final quarter. Corofin look to be one of those Crossmaglen-esque runs and it's very hard to see any club team stopping.

Seems like this thread is going down the line of provincial support predictions, but Corofin are heavy favourites for a good reason.

What is the rationale behind Corofin being compared to Crossmaglen and being seen as near unbeatable?  Any team that comes out of the Derry SFC is always in with a chance of winning and this Slaughtneil team are very, very strong. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

theticklemister

I don't know how Corofin can be compared to Crossmaglen, they might both begin with C but that's where the comparison ends.

oakleafgael

Quote from: mouview on March 11, 2015, 02:16:16 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 11, 2015, 12:45:18 PM
As Derryfinest said, the Slaughtneil defence is something Corofin would have not come against before. slaughtneil don't play open football and this will not suit Corofin.

May be true, but Corofin will be the best team by a long distance Slaught' will have met. Corofin's defence is also good and if they forge ahead by a couple of points at all, they can afford to be patient and pick off the Derry side on the break. You always have a chance, especially in a club match, but it will be a title well-earned if Slaughtneil win it. Best of luck to both.

Corofin may or may not win handy but the bit in bold is rubbish. They beat Ballinderry in the Derry final who at the time where the Ulster Champions.

JoG2

Quote from: Syferus on March 12, 2015, 12:36:57 AM

its this kinda gibberish I cant get my head around. A 'massive shock' if the Ulster champions are even still there or thereabouts in the final 15 mins...mother of mercy!   Corofin, without say, the past pedigree of the likes of Nemo, Cross etc are being held in the same over the top regard as Dublin a couple of years ago. Is it mostly being perpetuated by the national media who's Dublin darling's St Vincents (who had been on the go for 2 full years and were prob a good bit punch drunk to be fair) were beat by Corofin and the masses are just rolling in behind it? ie Corfin beat St Vincents, the big Dubs team, so they will beat anyone else handy, thats pretty much the size of it, yes? Maybe they will win, but Slaughtneil will give them their fill of it.