All-Ireland club final - Slaughtneil v Corofin

Started by theticklemister, March 11, 2015, 11:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Corofin are a great club team, I fancy them to win but not by much, 3 points
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Having watched the 2 semi finals and provincial finals, I'd fancy Corofin to win this. Slaughtneills strength is their defence, while Corofin are a free scoring side and Croke Park should suit the attacking team a bit better. Slaughtneills best chance is to keep the score tight and try and edge a low scoring game, frustrate them for the first 20 minutes and stay in the game as long as possible. Don't see it happening, Corofin by 7.

orangeman

macdanger2

Good luck to all 4 teams and supporters. I won't be there myself this year but it's a good day out

I'll be supporting Corofin but I wouldn't mind seeing Slaughtneil winning either

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: larryin89 on March 12, 2015, 05:15:27 PM
Corofin are raging hot favs for a reason , it's not just a guess game the bookies play granted they don't always get it right but in cases like this Id love to see the statistics .

Corofin have the potential to be known as the best forward line in club football history , an absolute joy to watch in full flow. Up the west.

Ha ye gotta live it!!!!  Corofin are favourites obviously but the one thing that Mickey Moran generally brings to a set up is a system to win games.  Couple that with the unreal fanaticism of the men from the mountains and then you have more than a fighting chance of winning.  If they hold their nerve and Patsy has a big game in the midfield I reckon that the Derry men will take it by 2.

Milltown Row2

In England (can't fecking believe I'm here lol) but any streams I can play on my phone? can't use work computer ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

time ticking away

Well organised defences normally beat free flowing forward lines. Chrissy bradley is a hugh miss though. Still, slaughtneil by 1
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Blowitupref

Corofin are well organised in defence also they held St Vincent's to 1-9 and Ballintubber to 1-7. In. Lundy,Sice,Burke they have the fire power to win this All Ireland. Corofin 2-11 Slaughtneil 1-10 I reckon.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Irish times preview

"Corofin have been making waves since streaking away with a Galway championship they dominated to an almost worrying degree. The hype has proved prescient, as they have blitzed the field to date, including a five-point win over reigning champions St Vincents.
Unfortunately for Ulster challengers Slaughtneil they arrive in their first final carrying the burden of a major injury loss. Christopher Bradley has been the team's most important forward, scoring three points in the semi-final victory over Kerry champions Austin Stacks and hitting the winner in the Ulster final.
There are some rumours that he can be patched up even for an appearance off the bench, but a broken collarbone isn't the most accommodating of injuries.
They may have been outsiders in Derry but Slaughtneil players have plenty of experience playing in Croke Park between the county seniors, minors and manager Mickey Moran, one of the most practised coaches in the game whose familiarity with the stadium goes back more than 40 years.
They showed great durability in the semi-final when ambushed with as many goals – two – as they'd conceded in the entire Ulster campaign and county final.
They're up against a team this afternoon, however, who have been shooting the lights out over the same period – 14 goals in four matches – and are regarded as the best Corofin team in a long time, combining work-rate, movement and pace in the back eight with a genuine cutting edge up front.
Monumental
Although primarily a collective, Corofin feature a number of footballers with county experience, most notably Michael Lundy, Ian Burke and Gary Sice.
Slaughtneil have a monumental centrefield where Patsy Bradley and Paudie McGuigan rule the air. The Derry club have an excellent defence with Ireland international Chrissy McKaigue and captain Francis McEldowney calmly authoritative at the back, but for all that the view here is that they will struggle to outscore the fast-moving Galway team."

Christmas Lights

Anyone any links to watch this game in work?  The TG4 website doesn't seem to have a live TV feature (im based in Belfast).  Im getting shown the Donegal and Cork game when I go to the TG4 website

Agent Orange

Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 17, 2015, 03:05:31 PM
Anyone any links to watch this game in work?  The TG4 website doesn't seem to have a live TV feature (im based in Belfast).  Im getting shown the Donegal and Cork game when I go to the TG4 website

Working ok for me http://www.tg4.tv/beo.html?l=en

nrico2006

I'm just seeing Eamonn Fitzmaurice speaking, looks like just after/before the Donegal match at the weekend.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

doodaa

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 17, 2015, 03:10:26 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 17, 2015, 03:05:31 PM

Working ok for me http://www.tg4.tv/beo.html?l=en

All im getting on the TG4 site is Jim Gavins big head, nothing from the hurling final which should be on. (Derry City)

Christmas Lights

Now im seeing some what looks like some college hurling match on that link  >:(

RealSpiritof98