New Catholic Church/ DUP coalition! Is this they way forward?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 12, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
He resigned or retired when a competent replacement was found.What is it about "He is a good man" that you don't understand.

Do you get off on researching paedophilia in the Catholic Church?

I am truly fascinated.

The Telegraph's reporter balanced his article with, on the one hand, comments about Brady being a decent man with on the other criticism of his role in the Smyth case. But the former is the only thing Tony saw. The rest of the article criticised him along the lines of most people's criticism here, e.g. he should have resigned, he was defending the indefensible and failing etc.

How does this blindness work Tony? Do you see the other words and ignore them or do you not see them at all?

As for your last comment. Well, pedophilia is used by people like you to attack homosexuality. Pedophilia is something that we know was practised my members of the church and we also know it was covered up by the church. We know that you support people who were involved in that cover up.

People like you and Sean Brady don't want anyone asking questions of the church regarding their role in the evil of pedophilia.You even try to shift some of the blame off the church and onto the parents of abuse victims. This coming from the sort of man who wouldn't do business with people because you think they might 'sin', is astonishing hypocrisy, even by your standards.
MWWSI 2017

Oraisteach

Tony, I'm not conversant with the nuances of sin like yourself, but answering O'Neill's question by saying you wouldn't reveal 'that' even to a priest constitutes sin in itself, doesn't it?  Or maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that knowingly withholding a sin in the confessional and thereby performing a 'bad' confession is sin per se.  Who's got the Rule book?

T Fearon

Muppet Mc Creary describes Brady as a "good man" On this Board,one poster called him a "miserable bastard" Spot the difference?

easytiger95

Yes - one person holds the opinion that he is a "good" person, though his actions were more than questionable. Another person holds the opinion that he is a "miserable bastard". Both are entitled to their opinion.

If only you divided opinion like that Tony.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 13, 2015, 06:33:51 PM
Muppet Mc Creary describes Brady as a "good man" On this Board,one poster called him a "miserable b**tard" Spot the difference?

You were the one who referenced McCreary's 'objective opinion' but then omitted the negative aspects. You never mentioned all of the criticism McCreary had of Brady in his 'objective opinion'. You never mentioned his opinion that Brady was defending the indefensible and failing. You never mentioned his call for Brady to resign in 2010.
MWWSI 2017

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on March 13, 2015, 02:31:31 PM
Do you seriously expect me to answer a crass question like that? I wouldn't even divulge that to a priest much less a bald voyeur from Tyrone
Aren't they one in the same?  All joking aside, not really a crass question at all.  I presume he is simply trying to ascertain whether or not you would have been allowed to stay in your hypothetical B&B had and your lady friend sought to book a room there before you were married.

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on March 13, 2015, 07:57:44 PM
Still a crass question.
Is it not also crass to assume that a gay couple will inevitably have sex and commit a 'sin' without having the same concern about an unmarried straight couple doing the same or a single person pleasuring themselves?

It is also ridiculous how often you have dodged or avoided challenging questions throughout this thread.

In addition, it is not a crass question to ask at all by the way.  Nobody gives a f**k what you and your lady friend did or did not get up to if you did indeed stay in a B&B before wedlock.  Rather, people are just curious to know if your double standards would have allowed you to take up a room in such a scenario.

armaghniac

I think asking for the details of a poster's sex life is inappropriate.

In addition, it is not a crass question to ask at all by the way.  Nobody gives a f**k what you and your lady friend did or did not get up to if you did indeed stay in a B&B before wedlock.  Rather, people are just curious to know if your double standards would have allowed you to take up a room in such a scenario.

If you don't think it crass, then perhaps you and your fellow travellers would like to list the people with whom you have visited B&Bs and what the nature of your relationship, so that we can understand your standards on this matter.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Quote from: armaghniac on March 14, 2015, 01:20:38 AM
I think asking for the details of a poster's sex life is inappropriate.

If you don't think it crass, then perhaps you and your fellow travellers would like to list the people with whom you have visited B&Bs and what the nature of your relationship, so that we can understand your standards on this matter.

f**king pedantry of the highest order. By all means jump in the giant hole Tony has dug himself but loves to kid himself that the joke is on everyone else, but at least try and come up with something a bit more robust than "leave Fearon's sex life alone. You're all dreadful for asking after such a thing" when you know fine rightly that's not what's being questioned.

gallsman

(Although if Tony wants to be so literal about the question, it's a shaneg that he takes a dissent approach when attempting, but failing miserably, to use the bible to justify his contemptible bigotry)

armaghniac

Quote from: gallsman on March 14, 2015, 01:35:33 AM
f**king pedantry of the highest order. By all means jump in the giant hole Tony has dug himself but loves to kid himself that the joke is on everyone else, but at least try and come up with something a bit more robust than "leave Fearon's sex life alone. You're all dreadful for asking after such a thing" when you know fine rightly that's not what's being questioned.

If it is not being questioned, why are you discussing it?

gallsman

Quote from: armaghniac on March 14, 2015, 01:47:45 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 14, 2015, 01:35:33 AM

If it is not being questioned, why are you discussing it?

I'm not. I couldn't give a shite about his sex life or lack thereof then, now or ever.

What I am fascinated by is the ridiculous double standards to how he judges others but refuses to apply to himself, which was the real point behind O'Neill's question. Not to try and get some juicy gossip on the lothario that is Tony Fearon.

However, if you're so literal and shocked about it (which you're not, but let's play along anyway), what was asked was if Tony ever put a B&B or hotel proprietor in the position of wondering whether or not he was going to commit sin under his roof and therefore whether he should facilitate it or was entitled to deny service and consequently how would Fearon have felt about it. You know, because as Tony says, a gay couple are far more likely to have sex in a hotel than a straight couple  ::)

armaghniac

I don't think you are entitled to ask any poster to describe their sex life on Gaaboard, no matter how many slippery ways you rephrase the question.

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on March 14, 2015, 11:42:54 AM
I don't think you are entitled to ask any poster to describe their sex life on Gaaboard, no matter how many slippery ways you rephrase the question.

If you think the above, which is fair enough, why did you ignore this question from Tony?

QuoteDo you get off on researching paedophilia in the Catholic Church?
MWWSI 2017