New Catholic Church/ DUP coalition! Is this they way forward?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 10:07:15 AM
The Church has never condemned gay people and have approached it with the christian ethos of Love the Sinner Hate the Sin approach.I do not see any harm in forming alliances with other denominations,strength in numbers and may also expel a few misconceptions denominations have about each other.

Hence the reason there's loads of gay priests.

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2015, 10:27:42 PM
As the likelihood of the gay couple having sex is much greater than a single person pleasuring himself I'd let a room to a single person but not to a gay couple.

I laughed way too loud in the office at work to this  ;D
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Good article about this in Belfast Telegraph by Liam Clarke. DUP seriously reckon they can pick up votes from catholic conservatives hence they voted unanimously for St Mary's College to retain funding. Things evolving from Prods V Taigs to Christians V The Rest.

easytiger95

Christians v the Rest will never sell tickets.

Now, Christians v Lions, that will put bums on seats. Or Christians v Conor Mcgregor. Or Christians (the lot of them) v Truckosaurus.

Are you not entertained?????

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 03:56:42 PM
Good article about this in Belfast Telegraph by Liam Clarke. DUP seriously reckon they can pick up votes from catholic conservatives hence they voted unanimously for St Mary's College to retain funding. Things evolving from Prods V Taigs to Christians V The Rest.

A few comments by Gregory Campbell or Ruth Patterson will soon send any Catholics scurrying back to the relative normality of SF or SDLP. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gallsman

Quote from: easytiger95 on February 26, 2015, 04:38:22 PM
Christians v the Rest will never sell tickets.

Now, Christians v Lions, that will put bums on seats. Or Christians v Conor Mcgregor. Or Christians (the lot of them) v Truckosaurus.

Are you not entertained?????

Starring Marlon Brando as the voice of John Truckasaurus.

Tip o' the cap for that one, sir.

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 03:54:49 PM
Why? Did you come?

What on earth was that supposed to mean, Tony?

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 09:25:12 AM

Quote from: T Fearon on Today at 05:33:57 AM
It's not just you.If the Churches condemned sex with animals,you'd have plenty on here vehemently protesting for it to be allowed.The whole issue of gay rights is largely irrelevant in the debate,it's all about anti Christians defying the churches at every turn.

The irrational hatred of Christians and Christianity is as sad as it's hard to fathom.

You are a fool if you genuinely believe this.  Also, 'the whole issue of gay rights' is not largely irrelevant, it is the start and end of the argument.  Finally, as an 'anti-Christian' I have every right to'defy the churches at every turn', as you put it.  If I am a non-believer, I do not have to follow / adhere to their views / teachings.

You've just proved my argument.

How did I just prove your argument?  Just becuase I am not a Christian, this does not mean I have an "irrational hatred of Christians and Chtistianity".  Strikes me that you are the only peddling hatred on this thread.

playwiththewind1st

"Starring Marlon Brando as the voice of John Truckasaurus".

Hmmm - not unless they do an Oliver Reed job, methinks. Apparently Marlon is currently "unavailable".

gallsman

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on February 26, 2015, 07:35:15 PM
"Starring Marlon Brando as the voice of John Truckasaurus".

Hmmm - not unless they do an Oliver Reed job, methinks. Apparently Marlon is currently "unavailable".

It's a Simpsons quote  :)

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 03:56:42 PM

Any catholic voting for the dup needs a good kick up the ass and told to catch themselves on.

T Fearon

The point made very succinctly in the article is how anyone can claim to be a devout Catholic and Vote for SF or SDLP when these parties oppose aspects of Catholic doctrine?

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 11:37:56 PM
The point made very succinctly in the article is how anyone can claim to be a devout Catholic and Vote for SF or SDLP when these parties oppose aspects of Catholic doctrine?
So do you have to be a Catholic to vote for SF or the SDLP?

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 11:37:56 PM
If that's the criteria, they can't vote DUP either. Or any party, really.