New Catholic Church/ DUP coalition! Is this they way forward?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 26, 2015, 12:40:30 AM
Now lads, let's not get sidetracked. Let's concentrate on helping Tony to keep digging this hole.

Is it just me or does anyone else spot some really sanctimonious posters on this board?
I'm talking out-of-this-world smug....
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

It's not just you.If the Churches condemned sex with animals,you'd have plenty on here vehemently protesting for it to be allowed.The whole issue of gay rights is largely irrelevant in the debate,it's all about anti Christians defying the churches at every turn.

The irrational hatred of Christians and Christianity is as sad as it's hard to fathom.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2015, 10:27:42 PM
As the likelihood of the gay couple having sex is much greater than a single person pleasuring himself I'd let a room to a single person but not to a gay couple.
You seem to have a great insight into the sexual activity of gay couples. On what basis can you make such a claim?

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 05:33:57 AM
It's not just you.If the Churches condemned sex with animals,you'd have plenty on here vehemently protesting for it to be allowed.
The whole issue of gay rights is largely irrelevant in the debate,it's all about anti Christians defying the churches at every turn.

The irrational hatred of Christians and Christianity is as sad as it's hard to fathom.
Are you telling me the Churches don't condemn sex with animals?

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 05:33:57 AM
It's not just you.If the Churches condemned sex with animals,you'd have plenty on here vehemently protesting for it to be allowed.The whole issue of gay rights is largely irrelevant in the debate,it's all about anti Christians defying the churches at every turn.

You are a fool if you genuinely believe this.  Also, 'the whole issue of gay rights' is not largely irrelevant, it is the start and end of the argument.  Finally, as an 'anti-Christian' I have every right to'defy the churches at every turn', as you put it.  If I am a non-believer, I do not have to follow / adhere to their views / teachings.

T Fearon

Hardy

Quote from: foxcommander on February 26, 2015, 03:06:16 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 26, 2015, 12:40:30 AM
Now lads, let's not get sidetracked. Let's concentrate on helping Tony to keep digging this hole.

Is it just me or does anyone else spot some really sanctimonious posters on this board?
I'm talking out-of-this-world smug....

I usually recognise this familiar desperate whinge as the final concession of game set and match in a discussion.

Applesisapples

I would have thought that the Catholic Church would have more sense than to line up along side the right wing evangelical DUP. The same evangelicals who believe the pope has 666 tattooed on his head. As a catholic I would prefer to see the Church reaching out to people in distress over the reasons why the feel the need for an abortion. Or to be a little more Christian about gay and lesbian people who if you believe in the churches teaching are made in Gods image. But no instead the church who covered up for Paedo priests would rather take a moral stand. Although I for one see it as an immoral and unchristian attitude.

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2015, 09:17:35 PM
If my custom was refused anywhere for any reason I would very quickly take it elsewhere and wouldn't make a song or dance about it

Yes, yet you've clung to your (possibly contrived) memory of being hoofed out of a comic book shop for being a taig decades ago.

T Fearon

The Church has never condemned gay people and have approached it with the christian ethos of Love the Sinner Hate the Sin approach.I do not see any harm in forming alliances with other denominations,strength in numbers and may also expel a few misconceptions denominations have about each other.

Brick Tamlin

There is some serious warped thinking going on in this thread.
To be fair, each to their own but if a person cant see that the negatives associated with the introduction of a conscience clause far outweigh the positives then its a lost cause.
Things are f**ked up enough in this world and this little part of it we live in without having something else daft to row about.
We have enough problems with education and healthcare infrastructures to sort out without inviting more trivial bullshit onto the list.
Is it too much to ask for a reasonably civilised society where tolerance is normal.

and a lot of this terrible rhetoric comes from middle aged, supposed educated men ffs.

T Fearon

Christians are only asking for tolerance for their views and the right not to have to supply goods and services that directly contradict their beliefs without ending up in court.What is unreasonable about that?

Brick Tamlin

And the people up at camp twaddle are only asking for their religious beliefs and culture etc to be respected too..yadda yadda yadda...its all the same nonsense.
MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT IN NI than this shite.
Keep your religious stuff to yourself. Don't push it on anyone else or promote it to the world. Its personal, keep it that way.
The majority of the people couldn't give a fiddlers. They would rather see waiting times at A&E shorten or more jobs being created locally etc.

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 10:48:35 AM
Christians are only asking for tolerance for their views and the right not to have to supply goods and services that directly contradict their beliefs without ending up in court.What is unreasonable about that?

Absolutely nothing. Provided those goods and services are denied to all.

In your hypothetical BnB, the service you provide is a room to sleep in at night and breakfast in the morning. That's it. There's no gay or straight qualification. Regardless of the sexual orientation of the customer, the service is unchanged. Therefore you either provide it to all or you provide it to none and shut up shop.

How can you not see this?

I love this newfound admiration you have for the DUP and their beliefs, what with your regular references to "huns" and the like.

Hardy

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2015, 10:48:35 AM
Christians are only asking for tolerance for their views and the right not to have to supply goods and services that directly contradict their beliefs without ending up in court.

The word "only" is the problem with that statement. You're not ONLY asking for that. You're asking (no, demanding) that your religious views be imposed on others.