ROSCOMMON v MEATH...

Started by Shrewdness, February 22, 2015, 09:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

It might be a Division 2 fixture, but this will be one of the most fascinating games of next weekend.. Whilst they're not the team they used to be, Meath are always formidable opposition, and will provide a stern test for John Evans' young team. Meath were beaten on their last trip west by Galway, but recovered well to beat Kildare.. The Rossies underperformed in drawing with Cavan, before having a brilliant win in Newry..Very hard to call this game, which is being played in Hyde Park..

Itchy

If Ros play to their potential they will win this game by 60 points and restrict Meath to shots from inside their own half.

larryin89

Roscommon are a coupon banker for this one.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Jinxy

Quote from: Itchy on February 22, 2015, 09:37:28 PM
If Ros play to their potential they will win this game by 60 points and restrict Meath to shots from inside their own half.

They're lucky Kevin Reilly's not playing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on February 22, 2015, 09:37:28 PM

:D :D
MWWSI 2017

gibbs32

The rossies are oozing class style and arrogance in a very vibrant team with some of the best forwards in murtagh. Promotion id imagine and win connaught and sneak a final 4. That would be a progressive year and rightly so.

giveballaghback

Very hard game to call, Ros midfield has been poor on the breaking ball, against Cavan in the league and Galway in the fbd final they were wiped out, there was some improvement in the Down game(first half) but will need further improvement to win this one. One very worrying aspect is our complete lack of a freetaker from outside 35mtrs, this will cost us dearly in the long run, also there is a tendency to carry the ball into the tackle and we are getting turned over too often and too easily.
I am sure our backroom boys will have addressed some of these before the Meath game and this is still a learning curve for us, we have lessons to learn and lets hope those lessons are not too costly, we have a long way to go yet before we can hope to dine at that top 4 table but these are the games we need,lets hope its a fine day and some football can be played, as club Rossie say, THE BEST IS YET TO COME. 

ross4life

Quote from: gibbs32 on February 22, 2015, 10:45:23 PM
The rossies are oozing class style and arrogance in a very vibrant team with some of the best forwards in murtagh. Promotion id imagine and win connaught and sneak a final 4. That would be a progressive year and rightly so.
Two posts from you on this thread already are you going to post under the name Put up that flag next?

Quote from: giveballaghback on February 22, 2015, 11:47:51 PM
we have a long way to go yet before we can hope to dine at that top 4 table
You don't say.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

seafoid

Quote from: giveballaghback on February 22, 2015, 11:47:51 PM
Very hard game to call, Ros midfield has been poor on the breaking ball, against Cavan in the league and Galway in the fbd final they were wiped out, there was some improvement in the Down game(first half) but will need further improvement to win this one. One very worrying aspect is our complete lack of a freetaker from outside 35mtrs, this will cost us dearly in the long run, also there is a tendency to carry the ball into the tackle and we are getting turned over too often and too easily.
I am sure our backroom boys will have addressed some of these before the Meath game and this is still a learning curve for us, we have lessons to learn and lets hope those lessons are not too costly, we have a long way to go yet before we can hope to dine at that top 4 table but these are the games we need,lets hope its a fine day and some football can be played, as club Rossie say, THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

Apparently there is a young Flanagan in Ballaghadereen that can bang them over from 45 metres from any angle but for some reason Roscommon won't pick him   8)

twohands!!!

Saw some of Meath v Kildare game and it was very poor stuff altogether so on that slender basis alone I'm tipping Roscommon.

Rossfan

The silly season is over, the real teams now start playing to win.
I hope we're one of them . The next 3 games will tell us.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

The Cavan and Ros matches will be interesting.

Syferus

If it's true John Evans chose the Hyde rather than it being a logistical decision it is quite interesting signpost as to how he's changing how he utilises the players. It's a significantly bigger pitch than Kiltoom.

The last few years we've been more compact and trying to develop good defensive fundamentals, apart from our D3 run last year but most of those games were whitewashes so we didn't have much need to stand back. It's altogether a different tact if we're looking to exploit space and play more expansively against a fellow D2 team like Meath. I hope it's that he's seeing a squad that maturing.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2015, 02:44:00 PM
If it's true John Evans chose the Hyde rather than it being a logistical decision it is quite interesting how he's changing how he utilises the players.

The last few years we've been more compact and trying to develop good defensive fundamentals, apart from our D3 run last year but most of those games were whitewashes so we didn't have much need to stand back. It's altogether a different tact if we're looking to exploit space and play more expansively against a fellow D2 team like Meath. I hope it's that he's seeing a squad that maturing.

But how can you improve on perfection already. I think i saw Jim Gavin wandering up and down by Maye's pub in Dublin over the weekend, he looked worried. He is wondering how can his team compete with the awesome Rossies in the all Ireland semi final, would any dubs make the Roscommon team? Probably not, maybe Bernard Brogan might make it into the 26

mjg

Has the throw in time been changed to1?