All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Bensars on May 07, 2015, 02:24:22 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 07, 2015, 01:04:05 PM
All hell broke loose in Tullamore last night...
07 May 2015

O'Connor Park in Tullamore.
©INPHOThe Leinster Council is set to investigate claims that players were punched, head-butted and even bitten during the post-match brawl that marred last night's Leinster MFC clash between Kildare and Offaly in Tullamore.

The provincial body is expected to use video evidence to identify and punish those involved in the disgraceful scenes which followed Kildare's 0-14 to 0-13 victory. The fracas broke out in front of the terrace side of O'Connor Park and involved players and supporters from both sides.

Speaking on Midlands 103 this morning, Pat Nolan of the Irish Daily Mirror claimed that one of the Offaly players had been bitten on the ear. The player posted a picture of same on his twitter account before later deleting it. Nolan also claimed that some of the Kildare substitutes had started the row by "goading" the opposition after the final whistle.

Offaly manager Keith Begley condemned the violent scenes when speaking to Midlands 103 after the game.

"I just saw people running in. That shouldn't happen," he said after his side's gut-wrenching defeat.

"There's no place for that in football. There were people there running out of the stands to get involved. It's not what we're about and it's not what the players are about.

"Sometimes people wear their badge on their chest. They were very disappointed about how a couple of injustices were done."
Source; Hoganstand

To add some balance, I am now waiting to see how some posters can blame Tyrone for this, considering as we have brought the game to a 'new level' ffs

Jasus, The Tyrone lads are saints compared to that.  All they did was commit a few frees. Will be interesting the media reporting of this incident. Will RTE  be allocating time and resources to discuss this topic ?

If Kildare and Offaly had coached their players in #TheDarkArts systematically, from Go Games onwards, like we do in Tyrone they would have got away with most of that stuff. It is only the more seasoned Tyrone watcher who can identify #TheDarkArts when performed correctly, even if they may not be able to give the rest of us mortals actual details. 

nrico2006

Even though the incidents in the minor game are ten times as bad as anything that apparently happened in the Tyrone game, there won't be anywhere near the same sort of reaction or public outcry over this as Tyrone (or a Northern team) weren't involved.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

POD

Dark arts? Here you go, what I observed at the game late on all late on:
16 players on the pitch twice necessitating stoppages
overplaying of injuries, serious hand waving from medics...
goalie with cramp (a first in all my years watching many sports)
goalies tee being thrown 20 yards to one side by a player

None serious but just too much of it.
The game is over Tyrone won so onwards
to the senior championship...

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 07, 2015, 04:01:50 PM
Even though the incidents in the minor game are ten times as bad as anything that apparently happened in the Tyrone game, there won't be anywhere near the same sort of reaction or public outcry over this as Tyrone (or a Northern team) weren't involved.

There's a fair bit about in the media today. Not to mention the game wasn't televised so naturally far less people have seen any incidents so hard to comment on something very few people actually saw.

Catch and Kick

Quote from: muppet on May 07, 2015, 02:32:49 PM
Quote from: Catch and Kick on May 07, 2015, 02:25:34 PM
Who riffed the game? I thought it was to be Kelly from Longford but it looked like Maher from Westmeath actually did the game?

Ze rif wis a bland bistard.

;D

Throw ball

Quote from: illdecide on May 07, 2015, 01:16:04 PM
I've no love for Tyrone but as an Armagh man I feel they're getting unfair criticism over this game (and other games too). sure they committed a few extra frees in the last few minutes but who wouldn't when winning by 1pt in an All Ireland Final, when you get to that stage in a game you will do whatever it takes to win a game and see it out. They were no worse than Tipp during the course of the game and if Tipp had have done a few additional fouls at the end of the game to win there wouldn't be a word about it but because it's Tyrone it's different.

The Tipp management needs to catch themselves on too, v bad sportsmanship and not usually the norm within the GAA. Accept your defeat, congratulate your opponents and move on. The best team won the match and that's the end of it.

Far too sensible. Catch yourself on. ;D

rrhf

red hander

Quote from: johnneycool on May 07, 2015, 09:33:51 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 06, 2015, 07:56:01 PM
At least Tyrone have managed to do something unprecedented in the recent history of the GAA. Make people feel sympathetic towards Tipperary. ;D

That would take some doing alright....

Quote from: rrhf on May 06, 2015, 09:23:51 PM
Tyrone have a hurler in their midst who would make any offaly team.  Just one mind you...he's like our declan browne a diamond in the rough from an era where tipp didn't know if she was blown up or stuffed. Hope the tipp guys at training are enjoying their new Tyrone ball. 

Care to share a name?

I assume he's talking about the lad Casey, a gem of a hurler

From the Bunker

Have to say. We all love the under dog! When Meath beat Louth in the 2010 Leinster final we all felt for them. If the shoe was on the other foot. We'd have said wasn't it a good one Louth winning that way. Same rules would have applied if Tipperary had done a Tyrone to Tyrone. We'd all say they did the right thing to close out the game. But it's different when the so called traditional county achieves their goals by adverse means.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 07, 2015, 01:04:05 PM
All hell broke loose in Tullamore last night...
07 May 2015

O'Connor Park in Tullamore.
©INPHOThe Leinster Council is set to investigate claims that players were punched, head-butted and even bitten during the post-match brawl that marred last night's Leinster MFC clash between Kildare and Offaly in Tullamore.

The provincial body is expected to use video evidence to identify and punish those involved in the disgraceful scenes which followed Kildare's 0-14 to 0-13 victory. The fracas broke out in front of the terrace side of O'Connor Park and involved players and supporters from both sides.

Speaking on Midlands 103 this morning, Pat Nolan of the Irish Daily Mirror claimed that one of the Offaly players had been bitten on the ear. The player posted a picture of same on his twitter account before later deleting it. Nolan also claimed that some of the Kildare substitutes had started the row by "goading" the opposition after the final whistle.

Offaly manager Keith Begley condemned the violent scenes when speaking to Midlands 103 after the game.

"I just saw people running in. That shouldn't happen," he said after his side's gut-wrenching defeat.

"There's no place for that in football. There were people there running out of the stands to get involved. It's not what we're about and it's not what the players are about.

"Sometimes people wear their badge on their chest. They were very disappointed about how a couple of injustices were done."
Source; Hoganstand

To add some balance, I am now waiting to see how some posters can blame Tyrone for this, considering as we have brought the game to a 'new level' ffs

Kevin Begley is one of Pomeroy Begleys, I think.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Throw ball on May 07, 2015, 07:01:50 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 07, 2015, 01:16:04 PM
I've no love for Tyrone but as an Armagh man I feel they're getting unfair criticism over this game (and other games too). sure they committed a few extra frees in the last few minutes but who wouldn't when winning by 1pt in an All Ireland Final, when you get to that stage in a game you will do whatever it takes to win a game and see it out. They were no worse than Tipp during the course of the game and if Tipp had have done a few additional fouls at the end of the game to win there wouldn't be a word about it but because it's Tyrone it's different.

The Tipp management needs to catch themselves on too, v bad sportsmanship and not usually the norm within the GAA. Accept your defeat, congratulate your opponents and move on. The best team won the match and that's the end of it.

Fair play

Armamike

What's it about Tyrone and controversies in finals? 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Fuzzman

I'm glad this thread has settled down and a few of the usual Northern lads have defended us by saying eey have become the scapegoat.
I've enjoyed this thread immensely because for the first time in years perhaps a lot of people opened up and spoke their mind. Of course many were just wums but a lot of the true anti Tyrone or anti Northern style of play posters have let their true feelings be heard.

Their still seems to be a lot of naivety around that it is enough to play nice open football like Kerry used to or the Dubs currently do to win an AI.
Mr Brolly was a decent corner forward but never had to deal with half the stuff Canavan did. He now looks back with rose tinted glasses thinking the game is now terrible to what it had been.
For years Kerry and Dublin used tit batter the hell out of each other and remember the 12 Apostles match v Galway.
Tyrone in 2003 had to do something massively different to get over the line. The swarm defence we did that year v Kerry was a whole new level of work rate that was needed to get us over the line. Yes for years we had good players like Tipp had last Sat but as the new David v Goliath you need something special up your sleeve. You need to know how to get over that line no matter what. Then after that you can start playing attractive open football like we did in 2005.
Kerry for years knew how to mix the cynical with the beautiful game. With the exception of Dublin no other team really challenged them in the way Tyrone did. I heard Dara O' Cinneide say there recently in Laochra Gael that Kerry lads probably didn't give Armagh or Tyrone the respect they deserved until they retired recently.

I see a few annoyed Rossie and Mayo fans on this thread giving out stink about our tactics and win at all costs attitude. Whilst there are times we do go too far I think ye really wanna have a good look at yourselves and ask what does it take for us to stop being nearly men.
Jim McGuinness took a Donegal team from absolutely nowhere to become almost machine like and ruthless with them playing a way that has changed our game probably forever.
However look at the legacy he has left behind. For a team who used to struggle to get to an Ulster semifinal are now one of the favourites every year for Sam. Brolly and Spillane called them cynical, boring, Shiite footballers but again they now hold no fear to meet Kerry or Dublin.
He who dares wins and there are too many of ye who complain about Kerry and Dublin winning too much but unlike McGuinness ye don't believe your own county could rise from the ashes and beat these teams.
I'll be interested to see if Monaghan this year have learnt the hard lessons of how to win in Croker. I think the fear or respect for the big guns is fading.
Now, who's sister is a...?

red hander

Quote from: Armamike on May 07, 2015, 09:47:54 PM
What's it about Tyrone and controversies in finals?

I dunno, tell me (but don't try to argue that youse were cheated out of it in 2003, cos that's not only utter bullshit, it's boring)

Over the Bar

QuoteWhat's it about Tyrone and controversies in finals?

They usually beat the favourites despite the odds?  Unless of course if it's Kerry when we hand them their arses on a plate!