All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Rodman on May 06, 2015, 10:12:11 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on May 06, 2015, 06:37:23 PM
Sorry about that syf, I agree with you, bennyharp has being trying to trivialise the whole debate, he is just not able to defend the indefensible,the country knows what went on, Tyrone people know what went on, the only way they can deal with it is say every one is against them, I wonder why? Post removed.

Please name 3 incidents that Tyrone did on Saturday evening that other teams do not.  And be specific.  If you can then you can be taken seriously.

1. They managed to get locked out of the other team's dressing room.
2. They united Larryin89 and Roscommon posters.
3. They won.
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: Syferus on May 06, 2015, 11:58:46 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 06, 2015, 11:01:48 PM
Quote from: tippabu on May 06, 2015, 10:35:58 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on May 06, 2015, 10:31:35 PM
QuotePlease name 3 incidents that Tyrone did on Saturday evening that other teams do not.  And be specific.  If you can then you can be taken seriously.

No one can Rodman.  In fact they couldn't name one that their own county or club hasn't done.   In most cases that's because most haven't played even at club senior level, but in all cases its sour grapes.  Declan Browne has called them for what they are.

hold on now a second, there hasnt been a real mention of the game since tuesday night from a tipp person, its a derry person i think who rodman is talking with

I have to stick up the Tipp posters on here, I mightnt agree with them on some things but they havent made shit up unlike Roscommon and Dublin posters who just pluck things outta the air. The "Fergal Logan half time delay" by Syfreus was the best of the lot and he is still backin himself about it Hilarious stuff! 

It looks like the inbreds have started now too but thats only to be expected

It says something about how badly you want to avoid genuine talk of Tyrone's play - which is widespread in the GAA community now after the AI final blew the lid off the topic - when that's what you decide talk about.

If you want to stick your head in the sand and think it isn't an issue at all this probably isn't the best place to be.

"Blew the lid" your some craic I actually laughed out loud at that one! Cheers

I have talked plenty about Tyrone's fantastic swashbuckling football to genuine posters but those that had a clear agenda to slate Tyrone from the start I'm just called them out on it and had a laugh at.

But speaking of burying heads in the sand you barely even acknowledged Sligoman's accusations let alone answer them. How about you start on that and then acknowledge you had a clear agenda to slate Tyrone from the hammering yous got in the semi and I will begin to take you seriously.

Otherwise...keep it coming its provided me a few good evenings entertainment (sad i know!) so wouldn't mind a few more

Norf Tyrone

I've been watching this thread for a few days and still await someone to clarify what Tyrone players did......
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nrico2006

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 06, 2015, 06:42:45 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 06, 2015, 02:55:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 06, 2015, 02:53:00 PM
No Benny, it's just in terms of the depth available to Tipp. I don't think anyone is saying Tipp were 'short' these lads, it's just a fact that of the players eligible, with a decent shout of playing for Tipp again, 2 of them are in the US and 2 are injured.

I think it's actually a good reflection of Tipp and the development going on. If you think that this bunch won the Munster Minor in 2012 with 4 different starting forwards, all of whom would still be significant contributors, it does speak of a bit of strength in depth.

Fair points.  In saying that, arguably Tyrone's most potent forward of the 2012 Ulster Minor winning team wasn't playing this year and unfortunately probably never will again.  On top of that, the star of the last two minor campaigns is over in Australia.  Hopefully he will be back soon enough though.

Didn't McKenna play for Tyrone U21s last year when well beaten by Cavan? Tyrone minors in 2012 were beaten by average Meath side. Credit where credit is due Tyrone management have done a fine job to win this All ireland as arguably more talented Tyrone U21sides with more expectations have flopped in Ulster the last five or so years.

You are right in saying that there are more talented u-21 sides on paper that have flopped in the last few years.  McKenna did play last year in his first year out of minor, still had this season and next too.  He would have made some difference to this years team if available, fair play to the team for winning the u-21 title without him.  Tyrone were Ulster Minor champions in 2012, had a very good team but played poorly and lost by a point to Meath who went on to beat Mayo and reach the final.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sligoman

QuotePlease name 3 incidents that Tyrone did on Saturday evening that other teams do not.  And be specific.  If you can then you can be taken seriously.

No one can Rodman.  In fact they couldn't name one that their own county or club hasn't done.   In most cases that's because most haven't played even at club senior level, but in all cases its sour grapes.  Declan Browne has called them for what they are.

hold on now a second, there hasnt been a real mention of the game since tuesday night from a tipp person, its a derry person i think who rodman is talking with

I have to stick up the Tipp posters on here, I mightnt agree with them on some things but they havent made shit up unlike Roscommon and Dublin posters who just pluck things outta the air. The "Fergal Logan half time delay" by Syfreus was the best of the lot and he is still backin himself about it Hilarious stuff! 

It says something about how badly you want to avoid genuine talk of Tyrone's play - which is widespread in the GAA community now after the AI final blew the lid off the topic - when that's what you decide talk about.

If you want to stick your head in the sand and think it isn't an issue at all this probably isn't the best place to be.

Maybe you'll finally address the issues of your former players like O'Neill, Grehan, Dolan and Curran and the acts of thuggery, cynicism, sledging and gamesmanship they engaged in.  We know you are loathe to do that though as they were some of the worst perpetrators of underhand tactics at tge time or maybe you're too young to remember. A bit rich of you either way to call other teams out on it but continue to ignore your own county's shame. Maybe some of the Galway lads could fill us in on what Grehan did to Joyce all those years back.

johnneycool

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 06, 2015, 07:56:01 PM
At least Tyrone have managed to do something unprecedented in the recent history of the GAA. Make people feel sympathetic towards Tipperary. ;D

That would take some doing alright....

Quote from: rrhf on May 06, 2015, 09:23:51 PM
Tyrone have a hurler in their midst who would make any offaly team.  Just one mind you...he's like our declan browne a diamond in the rough from an era where tipp didn't know if she was blown up or stuffed. Hope the tipp guys at training are enjoying their new Tyrone ball. 

Care to share a name?

Fear ón Srath Bán

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yes, "widespread in the GAA community...":

Seán Moran Article

Oh wait... Seán Moran actually refers to Tipp as much as ourselves:

"Had Tipperary justifiable grievances about how the match was refereed? On review, not really. If anything they benefited from Fergal Kelly's failure to spot the stamp on Cathal McShane by Steven O'Brien – or the trip before it – as early as the 10th minute. There were also a couple of black card incidents involving players from either side, which went unpunished."

You're some laugh hi!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

DermyTDredi

did anyone notice Adrian Logan couping the whole thing out again last night via YouTube and having the fight with Woolberto on twitter....good old logie only 4 days late this time....let it go dude, just let it go...

BennyHarp

On the contrary - this debate has laid bare those who have serious anti Tyrone chips on their shoulders and exposed their views as being nothing other than bitter, bigoted and based on media soundbites. Its been interesting to see fair minded posters from other counties, (even Armagh!!) come on here and call bollocks on the usual folk who trot out the usual line regardless of what happened in the game. There has been occasion in past when Tyrone have stepped over the line and its been difficult to defend them, but the U21 final wasn't one of those times. I think a few posters have misjudged the feelings after the game, fuelled by a bit of whinging in Tipperary and flew in with their prejudiced views. They are now looking a little bit silly.
That was never a square ball!!

Knock Yer Mucker In

All hell broke loose in Tullamore last night...
07 May 2015

O'Connor Park in Tullamore.
©INPHOThe Leinster Council is set to investigate claims that players were punched, head-butted and even bitten during the post-match brawl that marred last night's Leinster MFC clash between Kildare and Offaly in Tullamore.

The provincial body is expected to use video evidence to identify and punish those involved in the disgraceful scenes which followed Kildare's 0-14 to 0-13 victory. The fracas broke out in front of the terrace side of O'Connor Park and involved players and supporters from both sides.

Speaking on Midlands 103 this morning, Pat Nolan of the Irish Daily Mirror claimed that one of the Offaly players had been bitten on the ear. The player posted a picture of same on his twitter account before later deleting it. Nolan also claimed that some of the Kildare substitutes had started the row by "goading" the opposition after the final whistle.

Offaly manager Keith Begley condemned the violent scenes when speaking to Midlands 103 after the game.

"I just saw people running in. That shouldn't happen," he said after his side's gut-wrenching defeat.

"There's no place for that in football. There were people there running out of the stands to get involved. It's not what we're about and it's not what the players are about.

"Sometimes people wear their badge on their chest. They were very disappointed about how a couple of injustices were done."
Source; Hoganstand

To add some balance, I am now waiting to see how some posters can blame Tyrone for this, considering as we have brought the game to a 'new level' ffs

illdecide

I've no love for Tyrone but as an Armagh man I feel they're getting unfair criticism over this game (and other games too). sure they committed a few extra frees in the last few minutes but who wouldn't when winning by 1pt in an All Ireland Final, when you get to that stage in a game you will do whatever it takes to win a game and see it out. They were no worse than Tipp during the course of the game and if Tipp had have done a few additional fouls at the end of the game to win there wouldn't be a word about it but because it's Tyrone it's different.

The Tipp management needs to catch themselves on too, v bad sportsmanship and not usually the norm within the GAA. Accept your defeat, congratulate your opponents and move on. The best team won the match and that's the end of it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Bensars

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 07, 2015, 01:04:05 PM
All hell broke loose in Tullamore last night...
07 May 2015

O'Connor Park in Tullamore.
©INPHOThe Leinster Council is set to investigate claims that players were punched, head-butted and even bitten during the post-match brawl that marred last night's Leinster MFC clash between Kildare and Offaly in Tullamore.

The provincial body is expected to use video evidence to identify and punish those involved in the disgraceful scenes which followed Kildare's 0-14 to 0-13 victory. The fracas broke out in front of the terrace side of O'Connor Park and involved players and supporters from both sides.

Speaking on Midlands 103 this morning, Pat Nolan of the Irish Daily Mirror claimed that one of the Offaly players had been bitten on the ear. The player posted a picture of same on his twitter account before later deleting it. Nolan also claimed that some of the Kildare substitutes had started the row by "goading" the opposition after the final whistle.

Offaly manager Keith Begley condemned the violent scenes when speaking to Midlands 103 after the game.

"I just saw people running in. That shouldn't happen," he said after his side's gut-wrenching defeat.

"There's no place for that in football. There were people there running out of the stands to get involved. It's not what we're about and it's not what the players are about.

"Sometimes people wear their badge on their chest. They were very disappointed about how a couple of injustices were done."
Source; Hoganstand

To add some balance, I am now waiting to see how some posters can blame Tyrone for this, considering as we have brought the game to a 'new level' ffs

Jasus, The Tyrone lads are saints compared to that.  All they did was commit a few frees. Will be interesting the media reporting of this incident. Will RTE  be allocating time and resources to discuss this topic ?

Catch and Kick

Who riffed the game? I thought it was to be Kelly from Longford but it looked like Maher from Westmeath actually did the game?

muppet

Quote from: Catch and Kick on May 07, 2015, 02:25:34 PM
Who riffed the game? I thought it was to be Kelly from Longford but it looked like Maher from Westmeath actually did the game?

Ze rif wis a bland bistard.

MWWSI 2017

theticklemister

Quote from: muppet on May 07, 2015, 02:32:49 PM
Quote from: Catch and Kick on May 07, 2015, 02:25:34 PM

Ze rif wis a bland bistard.

excellenty