All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 06, 2015, 10:17:33 AM
Tyrone missed shooting chance that they would normally not, Tipp missed a free or two.  Who are these 4 stars that were missing?  Are they really that good and would they have made a difference?

I'm just answering the what if question which for me is irrelevant at the end of any game, we knew these lads were all out, 3 of them for the year so not using them as an excuse.

But yeah 2 would have been massive, Coleman Kennedy,  he got the winning goal in the 11 minor final and was player of the year in munster in 2012, having seen him a lot for club too he is top class and won't be surprised if he is in with tipp seniors when he's back for the summer. Also az I think his future will be gaa, he has a free ride in the us going to collage through soccer don't think he'll play soccer after that though.

Philip quirke came on in 2011 minor final and changed the game for us, scored 4 from play I think. He is about 6'4" or 5 and is much more than a big target man, very good at taking a score. He's been riddled with injuries though, if he gets a clean run of health again he will be a big player for the seniors in years to come. Both of these would have given us a real threat in our inside forwards that was really lacking.

Greg Henry and John mcgrath, neither would have been game changers but better than what started and we would have been able to go to the bench then and mix it up.

Again not using these lads as an excuse of why we lost the game.

Aaron Boone

Roll of honour after Saturday night, Tyrone upto joint-third:

1 Cork 11  1970, 1971, 1980, 1981, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1989, 1994, 2007, 2009

2 Kerry 10  1964, 1973, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1990, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2008

3 Galway 5 1972, 2002, 2005, 2011, 2013
   Tyrone 5 1991, 1992, 2000, 2001, 2015

5 Mayo 4 1967, 1974, 1983, 2006
   Dublin 4 2003, 2010, 2012, 2014

7 Roscommon 2 1966, 1978
   Derry 2 1968, 1997
   Donegal 2 1982, 1987

10 Kildare 1 1965
   Down 1 1979
   Meath 1 1993
   Offaly 1 1988
   Westmeath 1 1999
   Antrim 1 1969
   Armagh 1 2004

giveballaghback

As usual rodman your information is wrong, the oscar traynor is an all-ireland competition, each league picks a team from within the teams in their league, ie its an intercounty championship but some counties have more than one league so would enter more than one team ie dublin cork or places with bigger populations, so take your head out of your a.. and dont make sweeping statements like someone has no knowledge of etc and so on and if you need help to google something and get the proper information ask any 2 year old, they obviously know more than you.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: tippabu on May 06, 2015, 12:06:26 PM
Tyrone missed shooting chance that they would normally not, Tipp missed a free or two.  Who are these 4 stars that were missing?  Are they really that good and would they have made a difference?

I'm just answering the what if question which for me is irrelevant at the end of any game, we knew these lads were all out, 3 of them for the year so not using them as an excuse.

But yeah 2 would have been massive, Coleman Kennedy,  he got the winning goal in the 11 minor final and was player of the year in munster in 2012, having seen him a lot for club too he is top class and won't be surprised if he is in with tipp seniors when he's back for the summer. Also az I think his future will be gaa, he has a free ride in the us going to collage through soccer don't think he'll play soccer after that though.

Philip quirke came on in 2011 minor final and changed the game for us, scored 4 from play I think. He is about 6'4" or 5 and is much more than a big target man, very good at taking a score. He's been riddled with injuries though, if he gets a clean run of health again he will be a big player for the seniors in years to come. Both of these would have given us a real threat in our inside forwards that was really lacking.

Greg Henry and John mcgrath, neither would have been game changers but better than what started and we would have been able to go to the bench then and mix it up.

But tippabu how handy are they with their fists, knees and elbows?  That is what they should really be judged on going by yere opposition

giveballaghback

I totally believe what Peter Canavan stated in yesterdays indo, he said cynical tactics or sledgeing were not coached by Tyrone, they do not have to, its bred into them.

tippabu

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 06, 2015, 01:36:33 PM
Quote from: tippabu on May 06, 2015, 12:06:26 PM

But tippabu how handy are they with their fists, knees and elbows?  That is what they should really be judged on going by yere opposition

Not great, decent enough with their mouths though and pretty certain all are capable Facebook users ;)

Jinxy

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 06, 2015, 01:37:55 PM
I totally believe what Peter Canavan stated in yesterdays indo, he said cynical tactics or sledgeing were not coached by Tyrone, they do not have to, its bred into them.

Walk into any playschool in Tyrone and it'll be full of toddlers dragging out of each other and roaring their heads off.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mick999

:)

https://twitter.com/Bigjoemc/status/595535722515460096

Joe McMahon
‏@Bigjoemc
Just finished a dark arts session this morning lead by some well known faces. Few U21s are transitioning nicely... #thedarkarts

tippabu

Quote from: mick999 on May 06, 2015, 01:56:19 PM
:)

https://twitter.com/Bigjoemc/status/595535722515460096

Joe McMahon
‏@Bigjoemc
Just finished a dark arts session this morning lead by some well known faces. Few U21s are transitioning nicely... #thedarkarts

Sure the 21s are masters, it's the toddles he must mean?!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 06, 2015, 01:33:41 PM
As usual rodman your information is wrong, the oscar traynor is an all-ireland competition, each league picks a team from within the teams in their league, ie its an intercounty championship but some counties have more than one league so would enter more than one team ie dublin cork or places with bigger populations, so take your head out of your a.. and dont make sweeping statements like someone has no knowledge of etc and so on and if you need help to google something and get the proper information ask any 2 year old, they obviously know more than you.

Im sure you are really proud of your achievements and I'm so glad you have taken the time to share them with us........but what the fcuk has this got to do with anything discussed on this thread?
That was never a square ball!!

BennyHarp

Are Tipp really saying that they are missing players who are off playing soccer in America? (I wonder did they were good enough to make the Tipperary District League Oscar Traynor cup team?) But if we are going down that route, I could pretty much guarantee that the loss of Conor McKenna of Tyrone to Aussie rules would offset any loss of these lads!

Walter Cronc

Can we start a thread - 'Get BennyHarp a woman'

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 06, 2015, 02:46:23 PM

That would be some craic! You Derry lads are mental!

AZOffaly

No Benny, it's just in terms of the depth available to Tipp. I don't think anyone is saying Tipp were 'short' these lads, it's just a fact that of the players eligible, with a decent shout of playing for Tipp again, 2 of them are in the US and 2 are injured.

I think it's actually a good reflection of Tipp and the development going on. If you think that this bunch won the Munster Minor in 2012 with 4 different starting forwards, all of whom would still be significant contributors, it does speak of a bit of strength in depth.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 06, 2015, 02:51:20 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 06, 2015, 02:46:23 PM

That would be some craic! You Derry lads are mental!

Ah sure be a bit of craic Brendan. I do admire you Tyrone men and your love of your county :)