All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

I watched it again there and couldn't see any supposed cheating or diving. I think people have made up their minds before a game starts, or have their minds made up for them.

A brilliant game in those conditions I thought.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on May 03, 2015, 02:21:29 PM
Tipp county board man going mad at Kevin McStay on radio 1.  ;D

He was off his head. He was talking about how badly Tyrone behaved yesterday and that they would never stoop to such lows then admitted to one of the Tipp lads stamping on a Tyrone player during the match. The Tipp spokesperson should have a look at the actions of the Tipp defenders after Tyrone hit their 10 wides. But then Tipp wouldn't do that sort of thing so.

It emerged during the interview that the Tyrone manager tried on several occasions to gain access to the Tipp changing room after the match to says a few words of consolation etc but was refused entry.

The Tipp spokesman then referred to Michael Hogan getting shot in Croke Park in 1920.

Tipp are very sore and raw and that's what can happen when you lose games by narrow margins.

Embarassing stuff.

Jinxy

Aaron Boone

Quote from: ONeill on May 03, 2015, 02:35:57 PM
I watched it again there and couldn't see any supposed cheating or diving. I think people have made up their minds before a game starts, or have their minds made up for them.

A brilliant game in those conditions I thought.

Agree here. Because Tyrone won a high-profile tight game, it's all about the cynical nature of it. People need to cop on.

giveballaghback

So a 30 minute debate on national radio about a championship that has hardly been mentioned up to this point has just taken place on rte sport, what are they talking about? the great game of football, sadly no, a debate on the sad state our great game is in thanks to the training and condoning of cynical tactics, now every contact sport will have so called hard and dirty players but the laws of the game are there to punish them but when it is coached and becomes a part of any teams systems then it is impossible for any official to control hence the current mayhem about the state and standard of our games, so I stand by my post last evening, cheating or coached cheating is now part and parcel of our games, take a bow all involved and shame on counties like Kerry who have copied these tactics, the Kerrys etc should know better, who are etc. well ye know who ye are  and I am glad to say no Connacht county is in that category.

rrhf

Quote from: orangeman on May 03, 2015, 02:39:46 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on May 03, 2015, 02:21:29 PM
Tipp county board man going mad at Kevin McStay on radio 1.  ;D

He was off his head. He was talking about how badly Tyrone behaved yesterday and that they would never stoop to such lows then admitted to one of the Tipp lads stamping on a Tyrone player during the match. The Tipp spokesperson should have a look at the actions of the Tipp defenders after Tyrone hit their 10 wides. But then Tipp wouldn't do that sort of thing so.

It emerged during the interview that the Tyrone manager tried on several occasions to gain access to the Tipp changing room after the match to says a few words of consolation etc but was refused entry.

The Tipp spokesman then referred to Michael Hogan getting shot in Croke Park in 1920.

Tipp are very sore and raw and that's what can happen when you lose games by narrow margins.

Embarassing stuff.
In fairness I'd be the same if we lost a game of hurling against them.. off the field we are heading into fish outta water territory.

Jinxy

I always suspected it was a Tyrone man that shot Michael Hogan.

tippabu

I just watched back the game there, with the big delay didn't record all of it, stopped at the goal. The stamp after watching it, I don't think I'm being biased but I honestly haven't a clue whether it was ment or not, I think the only person who knows is Stephen himself.

I haven't heard radio 1 but I heard mcstay was saying tipp got exactly what they deserved and that was nothing, I think that is being very harsh, most people would agree that there was absolutely nothing in it and if tipp were to have gotten a draw there wouldn't have been many complaints. I think that might have gotten the  blood boiling for Joe hannigan who everyone on the tipp forum is agreeing that he is a bit out of order with his comments. Also on Tyrone manager not been allowed into the tipp dressing room again everyone on the tipp forum agrees that that is really bad form and shouldn't have happened

rrhf

So Tipp off the field are not ready for success or failure in football. Ill make a prediction now that if these talking eejits are anywhere near that great group of lads that they will destroy their chances in the future..If there's no honesty about why they lost this game, they are in trouble and won't address the real reasons.. Don't cover the diamonds in shite lads.

redzone

some good posts there compared to the rubbish last nite on here. was at the game and watched the first half again there earlier. there  wasn't a dirty stroke pulled in that first half including the stamp. it was nothing more than a reminder that ure not gona bully me type thing. anybody who played the game will know what im on about. yellow card the right call. somebody was on about mcshanes shoulder check as well, again nothing more than a yellow. mick lyons and paudie oshea were made legends for big hits like that. on mcshane himself he had a grt game but there was def one occasion in the first half that he lay down after being told to by another player to get the game stopped,cant remember whether it worked or not but I def mind shouting at him to get upto f**k. you don't want to see that from anyone,other than that he was outstanding. funny enough before I shouted it the man beside me says look they have hit cathal again.

Well done lads and to anyone who made the trip down as well. It was a special moment on the field afterwards getting to congratulate the players.

Also something mcgeary said during his speech was so true. He said thanks for sticking with us after last years first round defeat when it would have been easier to walk away. Never was there a truer word spoke about tyrone football thas last few years.

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 03, 2015, 02:50:21 PM
So a 30 minute debate on national radio about a championship that has hardly been mentioned up to this point has just taken place on rte sport, what are they talking about? the great game of football, sadly no, a debate on the sad state our great game is in thanks to the training and condoning of cynical tactics, now every contact sport will have so called hard and dirty players but the laws of the game are there to punish them but when it is coached and becomes a part of any teams systems then it is impossible for any official to control hence the current mayhem about the state and standard of our games, so I stand by my post last evening, cheating or coached cheating is now part and parcel of our games, take a bow all involved and shame on counties like Kerry who have copied these tactics, the Kerrys etc should know better, who are etc. well ye know who ye are  and I am glad to say no Connacht county is in that category.

You must be on the wind up with that last comment?  ;D There was plenty of good in that game yesterday to focus on but the national broadcaster once again chose to focus on a few minor incidents which took place by BOTH teams. (I know you'd appreciate my use of capitals)
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Rte are at it again.  Why should we talk to the c×××s

tippabu

Quote from: rrhf on May 03, 2015, 03:21:58 PM
Rte are at it again.  Why should we talk to the c×××s

I vented earlier and am still very sore over it but I think both teams showed great heart, passion and no lack of skill given the conditions and there were plenty of positives from both sides in an entraling encounter

rrhf

The tipp supporters at the game were fantastic and very sporting in defeat.  This is really distasteful.