All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man Marker

Great result for the lads today, two evenly matched teams. Some interested ting comments and just some spiteful ones too.

In the style of play of Tyrone, it has Canavans hands all over it. Fermanagh, Cavan Gaels and now the u21s essentially all tried to play a similar style that he coaches. His teams always play defensively first. Hard to believe from one of the best forwards to grace a pitch, but the end justifies the means.

Jinxy

By the way lads, it would seem that the gentleman who took ill at half-time has sadly passed away.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on May 02, 2015, 09:23:28 PM
By the way lads, it would seem that the gentleman who took ill at half-time has sadly passed away.

RIP.

snoopdog

May he rest in peace. What happened?   Congrats Tyrone. It's far from pretty to watch but they played within the rules or as close to the referees interpretation of the game. Yes they fouled in the right places and knew they had a soft ref. But it's an all Ireland.  Hope those tipp footballers stick with it who knows what their senior team will be like in a few years.

Whishtup

Well done Tyrone-monumental effort in conditions that did not favour the skillful running game that these lads have branded throughout the campaign.  By far, not Tyrone's best performance (testament to Tipp's intensity)-McNulty had quiet game but they stuck at it with McShane monumental.   
           Would agree that refereeing was poor with several strange decisions/non-decisions against both teams with Tipp benefitting in the first half and Tyrone the second.  I really detest the 'hit' shoulder tackle of a man running with the ball-it was executed a couple of times today for both sides and also avoided by some clever sidesteps! Should be banned. 
           Otherwise a cracking game start to finish, considering conditions and the half time delay.  Looking at some of the posts here, we really should be ashamed of how we undermine some of the best young amateur athletes in the country. Hope to see this Tipp team succeed at senior level and shake up Munster.

Sad to hear news of spectator. RIP

naka

we are not undermining some of the best amateur talents
I have watched football all my life and am near 50
Tyrone utilised the dark arts and won
It's the truth
Fair play to them

BennyHarp

Quote from: naka on May 02, 2015, 10:08:15 PM
It's the truth
Fair play to them

Ffs, Dark arts?  ::) Who did you rent that cliché from? A little bit of hyperbole going on with that comment, Naka. It's the truth, but fair play to you!
That was never a square ball!!

Whishtup

Quote from: naka on May 02, 2015, 10:08:15 PM
It's the truth
Fair play to them

Is this a quote from the new star wars film?

naka

Dark arts was polite for fouling , pulling down
Fair play to Tyrone but hex guys acknowledge this

BennyCake

giveballaghback

Well done Tyrone, they won doing what Tyrone teams have been doing for the past dozen years so the rest of the country cant say we did not know what was coming, Tipp were no angels either but they have a lot to learn if they are going to take Tyrone on at that game, so to give Tyrone their full dues WHAT A GREAT CYNICAL CHEATING DIRTY FOOTBALLING TEAM THEY ARE. These young men are a credit to their families community parish club and county, ye should all be proud of the way ye prepared these young men to represent ye, CONGRATS.

Bensars

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 02, 2015, 11:22:31 PM
Well done Tyrone, they won doing what Tyrone teams have been doing for the past dozen years so the rest of the country cant say we did not know what was coming, Tipp were no angels either but they have a lot to learn if they are going to take Tyrone on at that game, so to give Tyrone their full dues WHAT A GREAT CYNICAL CHEATING DIRTY FOOTBALLING TEAM THEY ARE. These young men are a credit to their families community parish club and county, ye should all be proud of the way ye prepared these young men to represent ye, CONGRATS.

Boo feckin hoo!

Some Roscommon fans still taking the semi very bad.

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 02, 2015, 11:22:31 PM

I'm massively proud of them and I've no doubt your family are proud of you too. Every mother wants their child to turn into a keyboard hero, so angry at a bunch of u21 amateur sportsmen that he even resorts to using capitals to express himself. Will you email her your post? Maybe frame it for her for Christmas? Get a copy for your club to hang in the clubhouse, I'm sure they are proud of you too! Just out of interest, were you actually shouting when you typed that bit in capitals?
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Hope the reports on the poor spectator are off the mark. Puts everything into perspective.