All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 01, 2015, 11:40:36 PM
Quote from: tippabu on May 01, 2015, 08:56:53 PM
Agreed, you have no form to go off, who knows if cork and Dublin were better than roscommon and donegal, hard to know where either team stands. As you say may the best team win. Weather looks terrible for tomorrow hopefully that won't spoil the game

The best formguide was probably Tyrone beating Armagh in Ulster semi.
Armagh looked hungry that night and had serious pretensions on provincial & AI success.

Against Armagh, Tyrone got ahead in the first half and couldn't be reeled back. If Tipp let them away a similar outcome might ensue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fuzzman

Typical it's been lovely weather down here all week but today its lashing with a yellow weather warning
http:/accuweather.com/en/ie/clontarf/207882/weather-forecast/207882
Our kids u8 training has been called off but I'd say Parnell will take the rain well.
Hopefully it dries up a bit after lunchtime or evening.

Fuzzman

I see the Armagh lads are getting worried already that Just when they thought we had finally gone away and they had passed us out, we then get a group of U21s with a bit of hope for the years ahead.
Some of ye are amazed how much it means to us that we need to win this title but psychologically it will have a major impact on the mindset of the Tyrone Gaels. Winning an AI title will be a huge injection of confidence to this panel of players and no doubt comparisons will be made with previous teams.
Of course it doesn't mean anything for definite for the senior team in the years ahead but I think our senior team needs a freshness and some of these lads can provide that.
I've not saw Tipp play but I'd be worried about how they were losing by five to the reigning champs Dubs and showed great mental strength and belief to come from behind to win.
Looking at the teams they have already beaten they certainly won't be scared of Tyrone and will know not to let us get off to a good start. If Tyrone are leading going into the final quarter you would imagine they will go defensive and use whatever it takes to close the game out rather than continue to attack in numbers like other teams.

Of course everyone else will be up for Tipp in their first final so the siege mentality will be in full swing with Logan and Co.
Hopefully it's a good game and the ref doesn't spoil it.
I don't know Tipp well enuf to call it but if it comes to winning ugly and experience then Tyrone should win.
Lucky for us football is totally unpredictable and the weather will probably add another factor there now too.

DermyTDredi

weather today will be a great leveller...Tyrone by 23 points

Farrandeelin

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 02, 2015, 10:06:03 AM

Hope Tipp stuff ye now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 02, 2015, 11:45:29 AM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 02, 2015, 10:06:03 AM

Hope Tipp stuff ye now.

didn't take you long to change your mind - good job you've still got your sense of humour though...

armaghniac

Tyrone only beat Armagh with the help of the weather, they are more used to windswept rain in the bogs and rocky outcrops of Tyrone than the fertile plains of Tipp.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

naka

Wildweasel74

Tipp`s 2 midfielders and No.11 look to be very big, Tipp keeper to rain it into the middle all nite, Tyrone will break and get plenty of possession in an area people expected Tipperary to dominate.

Wildweasel74

Jinxy

Not a day for football.
You'd have to fancy Tyrone.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Pub Bore

manfromdelmonte

Tipp putting it up to them physically.

Tyrone are very defensive