All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on April 30, 2015, 09:05:16 AM
Hope Tipp win Saturday

Dog bites man shocker!

I'd be very surprised, nay shocked, if the vast majority of neutrals weren't rooting for Tipp on Saturday, even you dyed-in-the-wool Dubs who just adore us!  :P  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

If you wanted you can park at Whitehall church car park (at the end of M1 Motorway making sure not to go into the tunnel) and either walk or get the bus along Collins avenue to the Beachcomer pub.
For anyone looking to go into town afterwards there is a dart stop in Killester too very close to the pub.

From our Tyrone Association Dublin Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/329662576095/
Saturday night sees the well oiled red hand army come down to the Nell as the Dublin locals call it to try to win the U21 All-Ireland Tim Clarke cup v first time finalists Tipperary. Thanks to the staff of The Beachcomber in Killester (Howth Rd) we intend to paint the town red on Saturday evening. This is a large pub with good food served both in the bar and in the excellent upstairs seafood Dorans restaurant. http://thebeachcomber.ie/food.php. If you intend to come along please let us know by replying below to the event. Lots of free parking in the streets around the area. Throw in for the match is at 6pm so if anyone wants to grab some food before hand we can meet up around 4pm onwards

giveballaghback

Final on Saturday after a championship that threw up some great games and big upsets, not many people mentioned Tyrone and Tipp when I started this thread back on Feb 16th, most neutrals will be rooting for Tipp and I really hope they win it, it could only be good for football, lets hope its a good sporting game and may the best team win.

tippabu

As expected tipp team unchanged

Ahead of their historic EirGrid All-Ireland U21 Football Final against Tyrone on Saturday next, May 2nd, at 6pm in Parnell Park, Dublin, the Tipperary management team led by manager Tommy Toomey have announced their side to contest Tipperary's first ever All-Ireland Final appearance at this grade.

Keeping the tremendous faith he has about his panel all through the campaign, Tommy has announced the same starting XV that defeated Dublin in the semi-final, in what all Tipperary supporters hope will be a winning formula for success on Saturday evening.

TIPPERARY (U21F v Tyrone) – Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule), Colm O'Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan), Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Luke Boland (Moyle Rovers), Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Steven O'Brien (Ballina), Colin O'Riordan Capt. (JK Brackens), Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials), Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Liam Casey (Cahir),Kevin O'Halloran (Portroe), Josh Keane (Golden Kilfeacle), Paul Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash)

tippabu

All very quiet in here, Tyrone posters very quiet and quiet build up in general. by the sounds of things we will bring a decent support by football standards, still will probably be comfortably outnumber by Tyrone. Our lads owe us nothing, hopefully they can reach the standards we reached against cork and dublin or surpass them.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tippabu on May 01, 2015, 08:27:19 PM
All very quiet in here, Tyrone posters very quiet and quiet build up in general. by the sounds of things we will bring a decent support by football standards, still will probably be comfortably outnumber by Tyrone. Our lads owe us nothing, hopefully they can reach the standards we reached against cork and dublin or surpass them.

I genuinely don't know what to make of tomorrow's game, I don't really know enough about Tipp (due to my lack of knowledge and not meant to be disparaging to the Tipp players) so I can't really comment on how the game will pan out. I will say that if Tyrone lose I will be very disappointed but it will be nice to stand and watch a Tipperary captain lift an AI football title. Best of luck to both teams!
That was never a square ball!!

tippabu

Agreed, you have no form to go off, who knows if cork and Dublin were better than roscommon and donegal, hard to know where either team stands. As you say may the best team win. Weather looks terrible for tomorrow hopefully that won't spoil the game

armaghniac

Two teams with little chance of senior success get to contest tomorrow, football is the winner here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rrhf

It will be a great occasion and one which I can't wait for.  Tyrone back in an all Ireland final against what has been a magnificent  tipp team who rightly are favourites for the game.  I hope we keep it close as free scoring tipp could run away with this given a decent lead.  We will give it our best shot  of course but need to perform as do tipp. Best of luck to all travelling from tipp and tyrone may the best team triumph..don't rule out the draw..

BennyHarp

Quote from: armaghniac on May 01, 2015, 10:09:40 PM
Two teams with little chance of senior success get to contest tomorrow, football is the winner here.

Cheers Armaghniac, that means a lot coming from a fan of the current Div 3 Champions! Recognition that football is the winner is a refreshing phrase after the puke football nonsense aimed at Tyrone in recent years. I'm glad you've seen the light!
That was never a square ball!!

tippabu

Quote from: rrhf on May 01, 2015, 10:14:56 PM
It will be a great occasion and one which I can't wait for.  Tyrone back in an all Ireland final against what has been a magnificent  tipp team who rightly are favourites for the game.  I hope we keep it close as free scoring tipp could run away with this given a decent lead.  We will give it our best shot  of course but need to perform as do tipp. Best of luck to all travelling from tipp and tyrone may the best team triumph..don't rule out the draw..

Haha, I'd say your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek writing that post!! No chance you're getting the underdogs tag off us!!

ONeill

These Tipp boys are winners. They'll fear nothing. Serious pressure on the young Red Hand lads to deliver - to lift the spirits of a county still reeling from 1986.

Tipp 2-16 Tyrone 1-10
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tippabu

Syferus

Tyrone would rip the heart out of a ghost. A bad start for Tipp and their goose is cooked, just like our's was.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: tippabu on May 01, 2015, 08:56:53 PM
Agreed, you have no form to go off, who knows if cork and Dublin were better than roscommon and donegal, hard to know where either team stands. As you say may the best team win. Weather looks terrible for tomorrow hopefully that won't spoil the game

The best formguide was probably Tyrone beating Armagh in Ulster semi.
Armagh looked hungry that night and had serious pretensions on provincial & AI success.