All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

I worry that Tipp are made for Tyrone.
They have a few talismanic players like O'Riordan who the Tyrone lads will target and frustrate.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: time ticking away on April 20, 2015, 12:10:54 PM
Maybe I imagined this but did the Roscommon number 6 elbow Mc Glone (tyrone no.15) in the face and then lie down himself, holding his own face.
Maybe the centre half back has northern relations

Yeah 100%. McGlone was lucky not to be sent off at that incident as on first viewing it looked like he swung. However the reply showed it was you described it.

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 20, 2015, 12:22:40 PM
I'm afraid, my fellow Rossies, if we want to know the reasons we lost this game, we need to look in the mirror. Yes, the ref was suspect, but that's the way it goes. Yes, Cathal Mc Shane could have been sent off, but so could Cathal Kenny.. We were responsible for our own downfall. A number of our 'leading' players didn't perform on the day. We know who they were.. We were often weak in the tackle with Tyrone players brushing us aside. Our defence was poor, giving too much space away. How many times did Tyrone switch play from one wing to the other and find a Tyrone player unmarked in yards of space? Plus, we didn't have any visible game plan.

Again Cathal could've been off for this. However it would've been harsh. Watch it again. He was jumping for the ball straight into the sun, and completely lost his way in the air. I don't think he even seen his opponent coming. Gingers normally don't like the sun anyhow.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

BennyHarp

Quote from: The Black Mamba on April 20, 2015, 11:59:09 AM
Quote from: orangeman on April 20, 2015, 11:35:01 AM
Tyrone won the game Saturday. For whatever reason,the Roscommon lads just couldn't get going. Tyrone from the throw in imposed themselves on the game and on the day fully deserved the victory and were far and away the better team.

Any Roscommon supporter especially coming on here now making excuses about the referee, complaining about Tyrone tactics or some player allegedly doing something untoward would IMO be embarrassing themselves, their county and taking away from an excellent Tyrone performance and a brilliant game of football played by 2 very good teams.

Some people are never happy. 2 good teams met on Saturday in an all ireland semi final - they went at it for 60 plus minutes an put up a great show. IMO on Saturday gaelic football which has often been bemoaned recently was the winner. Take your hat off to the Tyrone lads and to the Roscommon lads who gave us a great spectacle.

Best of luck to Tyrone and commiserations to the Rossies.
I think we're all in agreement that Tyrone were by far the better team and deservedly won, however that does not mean that their antics are not free from critique.

I agree and the only reason I responded to that other Roscommon fella's comments in the McNulty / Daly incident was because I felt he was painting a critique of the incident in a fairly blinkered way - critiques are fine but you must also expected to be critiqued yourself. The incident is only mentioned in one newspaper report where its described as a situation where tempers nearly boiled over and both men where yellow carded - had it been a 60 second assault on the full back, like suggested, I'm pretty sure some of the reports would have mentioned it.
That was never a square ball!!

The Black Mamba

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 20, 2015, 01:00:48 PM
Quote from: The Black Mamba on April 20, 2015, 11:59:09 AM
Quote from: orangeman on April 20, 2015, 11:35:01 AM
Tyrone won the game Saturday. For whatever reason,the Roscommon lads just couldn't get going. Tyrone from the throw in imposed themselves on the game and on the day fully deserved the victory and were far and away the better team.

Any Roscommon supporter especially coming on here now making excuses about the referee, complaining about Tyrone tactics or some player allegedly doing something untoward would IMO be embarrassing themselves, their county and taking away from an excellent Tyrone performance and a brilliant game of football played by 2 very good teams.

Some people are never happy. 2 good teams met on Saturday in an all ireland semi final - they went at it for 60 plus minutes an put up a great show. IMO on Saturday gaelic football which has often been bemoaned recently was the winner. Take your hat off to the Tyrone lads and to the Roscommon lads who gave us a great spectacle.

Best of luck to Tyrone and commiserations to the Rossies.
I think we're all in agreement that Tyrone were by far the better team and deservedly won, however that does not mean that their antics are not free from critique.

I agree and the only reason I responded to that other Roscommon fella's comments in the McNulty / Daly incident was because I felt he was painting a critique of the incident in a fairly blinkered way - critiques are fine but you must also expected to be critiqued yourself. The incident is only mentioned in one newspaper report where its described as a situation where tempers nearly boiled over and both men where yellow carded - had it been a 60 second assault on the full back, like suggested, I'm pretty sure some of the reports would have mentioned it.
I see your point here but I don't think you can dismiss by saying it's not really been reported on therefore it mustn't be true. From  what I witnessed McNulty instigated it, the TV cameras didn't paint the full picture of the incident but it was just wholly unnecessary and as I've said doesn't reflect well on the player or his team.

reddgnhand

Quote from: The Black Mamba on April 20, 2015, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: reddgnhand on April 20, 2015, 11:09:26 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 20, 2015, 10:59:16 AM
Quote from: reddgnhand on April 20, 2015, 10:52:05 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 20, 2015, 09:47:15 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on April 20, 2015, 12:21:38 AM
Tyrone ones getting very sensitive. This current under 21 team have a winning way about them. Not always the most pleasant but they have a way of getting the job done. Their senior team has been missing that for quite a while. Long may that continue.
It will until we get strong referees to implement the rules.

What do you actually mean by this
4 steps rule, no throwing, red cards for deliberately elbowing midfielers in the face at throw ins. Yellow cards for systematic persistent fouling, backroom people to be sent to the stand for constantly badgering linesmen.............
That will do for a start.

You can back this all up with stats?
Did ye Tyrone fellas watch a different game or are ye just blinkered regarding the antics of your own team?

No did you see all these antics? Abuse of 4 step rule? Throw balls & all the elbows. Not one mention in all the coverage was it mentioned.

Rossfan

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 20, 2015, 11:21:14 AM
Tyrone ones getting very sensitive. This current under 21 team have a winning way about them. Not always the most pleasant but they have a way of getting the job done. Their senior team has been missing that for quite a while. Long may that continue.

4 steps rule, no throwing, red cards for deliberately elbowing midfielers in the face at throw ins. Yellow cards for systematic persistent fouling, backroom people to be sent to the stand for constantly badgering linesmen.............

Sore loser or what.  The simple fact is that Tyrone played better as a unit than Roscommon and possessed better individual players.  Additionally, their gameplan was more cohesive than that of Roscommon.
Nothing to do with losing. Agree totally with your last 2 sentences and no one in Ros ( not even Syfín) will say anything different.
Still doesn't absolve ye from all the oul tricks and Refs from not taking charge of the game and implementing the rules.
From a Ros point of view - we won 2 Minors in Connacht in 2011/12 but failed at National level.
Won 2 U21s 14/15 -- again didn't make it at National level.
Until we learn how to defend we are not going to be winning things at the top National level. I doubt if any more than one of last Saturday's defenders will make regular Seniors - and we have only two real defenders at that level, one of whom doesn't get to play very often.
Now maybe the Rhubarbs trolls will lay off the false building up of Ros and maybe switch their attentions to Tyrone or Tipperary >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lynchbhoy

Quote from: reddgnhand on April 20, 2015, 01:35:06 PM
Quote from: The Black Mamba on April 20, 2015, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: reddgnhand on April 20, 2015, 11:09:26 AM

You can back this all up with stats?
Did ye Tyrone fellas watch a different game or are ye just blinkered regarding the antics of your own team?

No did you see all these antics? Abuse of 4 step rule? Throw balls & all the elbows. Not one mention in all the coverage was it mentioned.
I did actually think the ref was a tad poor though
I missed from about the 20th - 45th mins of the game but while the red arses were in control , they seemed a bit clueless too often in attack.
the ref imo allowed way too much pulling and dragging on and off the ball - and from what I saw this heavily favoured Roscommon

but the game was won and lost in that the whesties didn't have the balls or the brains to win the match. I know they have skill but hid it well on Sunday.
lets hope Tipp can play with hearts and brains in the final !

Rudi

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 20, 2015, 12:21:24 PM
Lads we're in our first AI final for a long time so let'd enjoy it and not be adding to the already bad press we get on here. IMHO yes read it but don't reply at all as it just snowballs
Of course we are always gonna get a tough time for the way we play and I'd say Tipperary would much rather have met Roscommon as it wouldn't have been such a war of attrition.
When is the venue announced?

Anyway on a totally different note
What was that patter on the back of the Rossie shirts?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2015/0418/695006-roscommon-v-tyrone/

County Roscommon showing club areas. Yer man number 9 was in the dive position all day! Tyrone played really well. Ability to retain ball, even going 20 yards backwards until a player received a lateral foot pass in loads of space was a joy to behold. Very well coached team, one of the best performances I have seen in a long time, how they did not win by more is a mystery. Rosie's were flat, no one bar fullback performed, we do not carry favourites tag very well.

tippabu

From what I've heard it's between navan and parrnell park for the final, parrnell park being a tighter pitch would probably suit Tyrone ?

AZOffaly

I was thinking it might be Mullingar. Parnell Park would be a good spin from Clonmel.

tippabu

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 20, 2015, 02:12:18 PM
I was thinking it might be Mullingar. Parnell Park would be a good spin from Clonmel.

I thought the same, parnell wouldn't be the worst, pretty much motorway all the way.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 20, 2015, 02:12:18 PM

I remember Tyrone played limerick in an all ireland U21 final in mullingar I think
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fear ón Srath Bán

Eirgrid GAA Football All Ireland U21 Championship 2015 Final
6 00 PM
Tipperary vs.Tyrone
Páirc Tailteann
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

JoG2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 20, 2015, 02:44:15 PM
Eirgrid GAA Football All Ireland U21 Championship 2015 Final
6 00 PM
Tipperary vs.Tyrone
Páirc Tailteann

incredibly short notice

AZOffaly