All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Despite all the hype behind this Roscommon team I think Tyrone are a great price at 5 to 2. Roscommon conceded 3 11 against Galway which would suggest they're open at the back and Tyrone can exploit this on the break. I'd be surprised if they managed to get such a high score against us given that we defend in large numbers.

Although we get men behind the ball don't confuse this with us not having a good attacking footballers. We have 3 players in the half back line that can bomb forward and wouldn't look out of place up the pitch. We also have another forward in midfield.

That Donegal win was a big boost for the county and for all the talk about Roscommon they're yet to deliver on the national stage. Tyrone have won 5 minor all irelands, 4 u21 all irelands and 3 seniors in the last 25 years, that pedigree helps build up a confidence in a county and gives our teams extra confidence when getting to this stage of competitions.

Syferus

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 18, 2015, 12:58:10 PM
Despite all the hype behind this Roscommon team I think Tyrone are a great price at 5 to 2. Roscommon conceded 3 11 against Galway which would suggest they're open at the back and Tyrone can exploit this on the break. I'd be surprised if they managed to get such a high score against us given that we defend in large numbers.

Although we get men behind the ball don't confuse this with us not having a good attacking footballers. We have 3 players in the half back line that can bomb forward and wouldn't look out of place up the pitch. We also have another forward in midfield.

That Donegal win was a big boost for the county and for all the talk about Roscommon they're yet to deliver on the national stage. Tyrone have won 5 minor all irelands, 4 u21 all irelands and 3 seniors in the last 25 years, that pedigree helps build up a confidence in a county and gives our teams extra confidence when getting to this stage of competitions.

Let your lads do their talking on the field, if they can.

A Tyrone man trying to put pressure on a Roscommon U21 team. The mind boggles.

Man Marker

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 18, 2015, 12:58:10 PM

It was that big a win and boost for the county that the Tyrone CCC insisted that the U21 players played with their clubs last Saturda in the league, and if they win today they have to play in the league games tomorrow. You wouldn't be prone to a bit of exaggeration?

TF15

Don't think he's putting pressure on Ros Syferus, he's simply stating that Tyrone shouldn't fear the challenge (you're being a bit hyper sensitive). I think this Tyrone team is a good one with every man knowing his role in the side. If Mark Bradley is fit and firing I'd back us to win. May the best team win and good luck to all four sides participating in the semi finals today.

Blowitupref

Not sure how much pedigree counts for at underage if it did then Cork and Galway would be playing in todays All Ireland semi finals. Looking forward to both games should be good viewing.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

The past is a foreign country.
Today's game is between two sets of lads born in 1994/1995,
Canavan or Dermot Earley aren't playing.
UPROS!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

maigheo

Dublin 0.07 Tipp 0.03 HT.Tipp with the breeze for the second half

redross

any links for the games today? tg4 live player not showing it for me at the minute.

maigheo

maigheo

Dublin 0.09 Tipp 0.11.  9 min to go

imtommygunn

Really good game. Take costello away and tipp much better. Goals in him though.

maigheo

maigheo

maigheo

maigheo

Dublin 0.12 Tipp 0.14 FT.Super win for Tipp