All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Not long to go now. Widespread predictions everywhere of a tight, low scoring dogfight between Ros and Tyrone. I see in the local media where Ros manager, Mark Dowd, is quoted as saying that a score of 1-10 could be good enough to win this game.. I think that was our half time score against Galway!!... Joint captain, Cathal Compton, has said that Ros came down to earth very quickly after the Connacht Final, and didn't get carried away by that success. Interestingly, he says that Ros need to improve by another 10-15 per cent if they're going to beat Tyrone. I reckon the strength in depth of Roscommon's bench is going to be crucial coming up the home straight.

giveballaghback

Read it again gibbs, you are the village idiot on this site, your posts are a joke and I am in agreement that you are a rhubarb posing as a Rossie. Cop yourself on.

tippabu

Team News

The Tipperary U21 team to play Dublin in the EirGrid GAA All-Ireland Football Semi-final on Saturday next, April 18th, at 4pm in O'Connor Park, Tullamore has been announced.

Following on from last week's thrilling Munster Final victory over Cork, manager Tommy Toomey and his management team have remained faithful to that side and announced the same starting XV for Saturday.

Therefore Captain Colin O'Riordan leads the charge at midfield with Steven O'Brien, while up front man of the match from the final Ian Fahey and last week's debutant Kevin O'Halloran will be looking to add to their exciting profile. In defence the impressive Evan Comerford will hold station between the posts once more as he provides cover for a solid backline.

The team in full is as follows;

Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule), Colm O'Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan), Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Luke Boland (Moyle Rovers), Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Steven O'Brien (Ballina), Colin O'Riordan Capt. (JK Brackens), Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials), Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Liam Casey (Cahir),Kevin O'Halloran (Portroe), Josh Keane (Golden Kilfeacle), Paul Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash).

treviola

Tippabu i have indeed seen dublin play,i saw them against laois and kildare in the final and i would be the first to agree with you that i dont believe they are as good as last year.Personally i dont believe tipp are as good either but if they win midfield which tipp should,who knows.I really hope Tipp do it but i fear costello and mchugh will do damage and i just cant see tipp scoring enough(though dublin defo weaker at backs this year)

treviola

and the heart tipp showed last week is hard to match

tippabu

Quote from: treviola on April 17, 2015, 04:39:18 PM
Tippabu i have indeed seen dublin play,i saw them against laois and kildare in the final and i would be the first to agree with you that i dont believe they are as good as last year.Personally i dont believe tipp are as good either but if they win midfield which tipp should,who knows.I really hope Tipp do it but i fear costello and mchugh will do damage and i just cant see tipp scoring enough(though dublin defo weaker at backs this year)

That's fair enough and I'd agree with you. Last years team was stronger than this for me. We are missing 4/5 starting forwards. The ones who came in have stepped up to be fair but they aren't the same standard of what's missing. We haven't really gotten anything on the bench either. I think all of that made the minster win all the more special. Hopefully we get a performance tomorrow at the very least and win or lose these lads will have given us a brilliant start to the year

treviola

Quote from: tippabu on April 17, 2015, 06:58:16 PM

That's fair enough and I'd agree with you. Last years team was stronger than this for me. We are missing 4/5 starting forwards. The ones who came in have stepped up to be fair but they aren't the same standard of what's missing. We haven't really gotten anything on the bench either. I think all of that made the minster win all the more special. Hopefully we get a performance tomorrow at the very least and win or lose these lads will have given us a brilliant start to the year
Yea i thought Tipp had some real good forwards last year but whys yous took quinlivan out the pitch after ten mins in pair ui rinn bewildered me,only when he went back in when it was too late he done the damage.Was impressed with fahy corner back last day too.Maybe O Riordan will inspire them again tomorrow.

tippabu

Quote from: treviola on April 17, 2015, 11:14:57 PM
Quote from: tippabu on April 17, 2015, 06:58:16 PM

Yea i thought Tipp had some real good forwards last year but whys yous took quinlivan out the pitch after ten mins in pair ui rinn bewildered me,only when he went back in when it was too late he done the damage.Was impressed with fahy corner back last day too.Maybe O Riordan will inspire them again tomorrow.

For me management last year was our biggest failing in the final, our corner back, can't remember which o sullivan it was got absolutely roasted by Alan cadogan and we never once changed his marker to see if we could contain him. Coleman Kennedy came on far too late and I just think we could have reacted an awful lot better to the game than we did.

cuconnacht

GAA Beo

15:30
Live coverage of Dublin v Tipperary in the Eirgrid All-Ireland U21 Football Championship Semi Final from O'Connor Park, Tullamore. Presented by Micheál Ó Domhnaill with commentary by Brian Tyers.
GAA Beo
17:40
Live coverage of Tyrone v Roscommon in the Eirgrid All-Ireland U21 Football Championship Semi Final from Markievicz Park, Sligo. Presented by Micheál Ó Domhnaill with commentary by Brian Tyers.

Rossfan

All Ireland semi final day again for the Ros U21s.
Let's hope we continue our March to the Final.
Won't be easy but I'm confident we are good enough to do it.
Once the Ref is on top of things and stops any dirty tricks early.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

Best of luck to Tyrone today, hopefully our plucky underdogs can spoil the party of the champions elect.
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Dublin are the "champions elect" as usual.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gonzalo15

Are any of the games being shown on tg4?

tippabu

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on April 18, 2015, 12:13:58 PM
Are any of the games being shown on tg4?

Both on tg4.

Best of luck to tipp today, are already after doing us proud with our munster win, would be brilliant to reach an Ai final with these lads

Shrewdness

Best of luck to the young Rossies today. Would also like to wish Tipperary the best of luck in the other game. A Roscommon v Tipp final would be a breath of fresh air.