2015 Laois Senior Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G@@

Quote from: redsetanta on June 09, 2015, 09:28:07 AM
Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on May 31, 2015, 11:42:02 AM
Quote from: redsetanta on May 31, 2015, 11:25:14 AM
Had a dream last night that it was all a ruse to lull Offaly into a false sense of security and we went out and hurled like demons and beat them with Cheddar on the line and Whelan putting in a man of the match performance.

Good man. I dreamt I was with Jennifer Lawrence.......I reckon my dream has a better chance of coming true.

How'd you get on with Jennifer over the weekend Dave??

:P

Sweet!  ;D
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Teo Lurley

The Wild Cat has gone missing too. Aparantly Offaly had far more than just Dooley. :D

Anyway, no matter what happens for the rest of the year the step we've been waiting for has happened. We've moved up the ladder. Let's not forget that we haven't beaten any team of note in the championship since the 80's. We used to beat Dublin when they were at the same level as us.
It will be difficult against Galway, all our really good performances have come at home. As I said this win was vital for the progress of the county. Let's hope we see some more excellent performances for the rest of the year.

Don Draper

Satisfaction. Thats what Sunday was. Pure and utter satisafaction. Satisfied that these players got to take the step their hard work deserved. Satisfied that Cheddar got his vindication. Satisfied that I saw a Laois hurling match delayed due to crowd congestion. Satisfied to hear the crowd roar and the players respond. Satisfied that I got to see the joy in the players faces after the game.

This is a step, believe that this is only a step. Cheddar believes. The players believe. I believe.

Lots have been singled out over the past 48 hours, and I echo them all, but will someone give Butch Stapleton a pat on the back when they see him, I f**king love that man. And can I also mention Conor Dunne, a man who has done a job many many times for us, but somehow for a myriad of reasons can be the one to lose out in team selections such as Sunday, yet never a word. Conor, you're a f**king man. Thank you. Thanks to all the lads.

To quote a great man, now, we drive on.

OTF

Well done to the hurlers on Sunday, delighted for all the hurling supporters.
I wouldn't have seen the hurlers very often down thought the years but I was at the game in '72 when we last beat Offaly.
I was trying to remember some of the team but all I can come up with are below not sure even wear the all playing

Carroll
Mahon
Eugene Moore
Peter and George Conroy
Bates
Frank Keenan
Ger Cuddy
George Lynham ??
Paddy Ging
Anyone got the full team.

Plain of the Herbs

Pat Delaney listed the team in Sunday's programme. He also listed their clubs, if you can get your hands on a copy.

John Carroll;
Tim Cuddy, Pat Mahon, Paddy Kelly;
Jack Dooley, Matt Ryan, Mick Mahon;
Phil Dillon, Eugene Moore;
Frank Keenan, Paddy Dowling, Dinny Sheeran;
Brian Delaney, Ger Cuddy, George Lanham.
Subs: George Conroy, Moling Morrissey.
Quote from: OTF on June 09, 2015, 06:35:40 PM
Well done to the hurlers on Sunday, delighted for all the hurling supporters.
I wouldn't have seen the hurlers very often down thought the years but I was at the game in '72 when we last beat Offaly.
I was trying to remember some of the team but all I can come up with are below not sure even wear the all playing

Carroll
Mahon
Eugene Moore
Peter and George Conroy
Bates
Frank Keenan
Ger Cuddy
George Lynham ??
Paddy Ging
Anyone got the full team.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: crow on June 08, 2015, 01:14:01 AM
Well said and tomorrow u might clarify for me are our minors playing Kky the same day as our seniors in two different venue's one at 3 and the other at 5 please that can't happen
Minors now play KK at 12 on sunday 21st before KK vs Wexford match

redsetanta

I love this quote taken fom the Uibhfhaili.com forum.

'A word on Leix. Once they get the smell of victory, some of their shooting was superb. Put Kilkenny jersies on the players and Marty Morrissey would be having a 'When Harry met Sally' day in the commentary box. The brand of hurling they're playing is 15 years ahead of Offaly's. They're the Samsung Galaxy S6 and we're the Nokia 3210.'
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

On another note is there any particular reason why the game against Galway isn't in O'Moore Park?

KK have home advantage against Wexford in the other semi. Is it because we have faced them at home in last couple of meetings?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Giovanni

Still buzzing after that performance last weekend. I used to go to a lot of hurling matches in the 80s and early 90s but gradually became disillusioned with the whole thing. We had fantastic teams in the 80s especially, with class players all around the pitch but I don't think I remember any performance (apart maybe from the beating we gave Galway in the Centenary Cup in 1984) that matched this one. There wasn't a single weak link that I could see and even the subs kept the standard up. I couldn't see us producing that kind of performance based on what I saw against Westmeath.

I've had enough of disappointment at the hands of Offaly over the years and when I saw that penalty being awarded I thought here we go again............ A penalty at that stage could have put us on course for an old fashioned Offaly fightback. Thankfully, the referee used a lot of common sense there and Laois saw out the game.

As far as I'm concerned, we're in bonus territory now. I was in Tullamore on Saturday in time to see the Galway Dublin game and Galway were just awesome. It's a huge ask for the lads to maintain (or even improve??!) the level of performance for the Galway game but win, lose or draw, the entire set up can be proud of their achievements this year.

Just one last thing on the fixtures. If the footballers lose the replay with Kildare, they will play Antrim in the qualifiers on June 20 in Portlaoise. They'd hardly make the hurlers play in Tullamore and the footballers in Portlaoise on the same day would they?

OTF

Without a shadow of a doubt they would

Ballygowen

Well men, new to this forum. Absolutely delighted with the result. the work cheddar and the team has put in is phenomenal. delighted for them, they wont be fearing Galway at all, and Galway will think they are red hot favorites. hopefully Galway will collapse like they always do when they get a good win in the previous game.!! Anyway, i am currently living over seas. is there any link or anywhere to watch the highlights of the Laois game? i have tried youtube but nothing is up on it yet. thanks in advance.

Laois abu.!!

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: redsetanta on June 09, 2015, 09:28:07 AM
Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on May 31, 2015, 11:42:02 AM
Quote from: redsetanta on May 31, 2015, 11:25:14 AM
Had a dream last night that it was all a ruse to lull Offaly into a false sense of security and we went out and hurled like demons and beat them with Cheddar on the line and Whelan putting in a man of the match performance.

Good man. I dreamt I was with Jennifer Lawrence.......I reckon my dream has a better chance of coming true.

How'd you get on with Jennifer over the weekend Dave??

Whelan didn't get MOTM, smartarse.

Dave like the tv channel

Anyway, I fully believed that we'd win.  :P

Don Draper

Anyone have access to the Sunday Times website to get this article in full? Or could they even post it up if they have a hard copy?

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/Sport/article1563072.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2015_05_30

redsetanta

Quote from: Ballygowen on June 10, 2015, 10:50:19 PM
Well men, new to this forum. Absolutely delighted with the result. the work cheddar and the team has put in is phenomenal. delighted for them, they wont be fearing Galway at all, and Galway will think they are red hot favorites. hopefully Galway will collapse like they always do when they get a good win in the previous game.!! Anyway, i am currently living over seas. is there any link or anywhere to watch the highlights of the Laois game? i have tried youtube but nothing is up on it yet. thanks in advance.

Laois abu.!!

Are you not able to watch it on RTE player?