2015 Laois Senior Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewildcat

Quote from: Don Draper on June 06, 2015, 12:14:55 AM
Quote from: Thewildcat on June 05, 2015, 11:03:39 PM
if laois think offaly are only Shane Dooley they are in for a land.
Stop Dooley, and you stop this Offaly team. It truly is that simple.
[/quote

as i said if laois go out with that in mind they could be in for a shock, by the way that won't be the starting 15 for offaly.

Thewildcat

Quote from: portlaoisekid on June 06, 2015, 11:50:00 AM
I cant help but feel this is a defining moment in our development, it seems like the last 3 years have led to this  game.

A win here would mean the world to Laois and I feel we are well capable of beating them. My worry is us conceding goals and our lack of goal threat. They will attack our full back line with high ball and in Currums and Bergin they have a serious aerial advantage and of course Dooley is top class.

We need to improve and I believe we will, we need to play smart and our distribution from our back line off short puck outs has to be top class or else they will punish us.

I do think we will win , we need this and I believe we can and will win.

my prediction laois 2-21 offaly 3-17
[/quote

i don't think there will be much of a goal threat from Dan Currams this is his 6th year and has only got the 1 goal in championship hurling maybe he will prove me wrong on sunday.

Don Draper

Quoteas i said if laois go out with that in mind they could be in for a shock, by the way that won't be the starting 15 for offaly.
That would be outstanding news if true.

G@@

What a result. Hard to pick a man of the match. All were brilliant.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

laoislad

Brilliant result and what an atmosphere at the game.
So happy this evening!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

redsetanta

Well lads that was brilliant. The big names stood up to be counted today. What a display of point scoring and in particular a couple from Willie Hyland. From 1 to 15 they fought like men possessed for the ball today and deserve it so much. There were mistakes but the day belongs to everyone involved in Laois hurling. Niall Rigney was on the field after with a smile from ear to ear and it was great to see the likes of himself and Pat Critchley enjoying the moment. 43 years without a win over Offaly in the championship. But as Cheddar says they'll enjoy the night and be back training Tuesday and prepare for Galway. What a day and I don't mind saying there was nearly a tear at the end.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

CruiseCigar

What a result what a result first win over offaly since 1972 I believe super hurling
:D :D
Laoise abĂș

burdizzo

Absolutely fantastic performance, great work in the backs, and some superb shooting in the forwards. No goals, but that Laoise were the ones w/ the chances, shows how effective the defence, and the sweeper system, was. A great spell in the second quarter, when four down, to get 0-8 without reply and go in four up. And, importantly, the concentration didn't waver in the last 10 minutes. Quite a sight to see the Offaly faithful streaming out at that stage!
Delighted for them all, but most of all for the old servants; the likes of Tommy Fitz, Joe Fitz, and - yes - Matt Whelan, who all had stormers.
Now, a quandary: the seniors in Tullamore, June 20th in a semi-final, and the minors in a semi-final on June 20th in Nowlan Park... What to do?

crow

Surely we have a chance of playing both games together in the one place

Plain of the Herbs

Well done to Laois.  They struck mighty scores from distance and seized the day.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Plain of the Herbs on June 07, 2015, 11:23:52 PM
Well done to Laois.  They struck mighty scores from distance and seized the day.
Fair play POTH. There's great respect in Laois for Offaly hurling and the achievements of the 80s and 90s. Offaly will rise again and please God we're up there with them.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Plain of the Herbs

And I was impressed by the 'This is Laois Hurling Country' posters along the old N7 roadside as I drove home.  The phrase 'Honest Brave Humble' has a lovely ring to it.

merman

I hope the uibhfhaili posters ignore the usual shite from 'suckitdiesel' on their regular site. I cannot commend the genuine Offaly fans enough; I waited 20 mins after ft with the kids and could still walk out with a prominent uibhfhaili.com poster who stood and listened to our own idiotic minority rubbing in ill-deserved wounds.

Ladies and gentlemen, now is not a time to ridicule a proud county like Offaly (because they WILL be back), rather, it is a time to stand and appreciate the sacrifices our lads have made over the last 4/5 years.
I'm facing into a 12-hour shift here now; I'll come back tomorrow with a more thorough response, but...thank you...thank you so much! This means the world to the hurling supporters who have waited a generation and more for today...

crow

Well said and tomorrow u might clarify for me are our minors playing Kky the same day as our seniors in two different venue's one at 3 and the other at 5 please that can't happen

Mossy Bruce

I've come back, after a long day of being at a training workshop, afraid of turning on my computer, itching to hear the results, but fearing the worst. What an incredible result--not only a win but a bit of a drubbing. I look forward to hearing commentary here and hopefully seeing some video of the match.

Well done, Laois! I can only imagine the atmosphere back there.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!