Mayo v Tyrone Sunday 8th February 2015

Started by Redhand Santa, February 02, 2015, 10:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Tiempo, might you do us all a wee favour, and feck off with your relentless anti-Harte negativity.  Sure, we might  all have our doubts and misgivings, but for feck's sake put them on the slow burn or back-burner for a little while.

Let's see how it goes on Sunday coming (Hail Marys, Our Fathers, novenas, rosaries, any other prayer you like ad infinitum copiously offered ad infinitum in homage to the raw beauty of Croagh Patrick, just down the road). Raise your heckles for the boys in white and red, then vent your voluble spleen again! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rodman

Quote from: tiempo on February 06, 2015, 10:13:47 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 05, 2015, 11:33:36 PM
Quote from: tiempo on February 05, 2015, 11:27:45 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 05, 2015, 11:14:46 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 05, 2015, 11:00:01 PM
Harte is a class footballer, and would get on any County team, silly dig because he is related to Mickey Harte.

Agreed. No need for any familial aspersions.

Nepotism, its a fairly well seen phenomenon.

Stop already, lose the chip!  Peter Harte is worth his place, what's Tiarnán Mc Cann's family connection?

My first post on the topic Hes saying, "yep you got us into this mess but nephew Peter is fit so he's straight back in as normal regardless and one other token change so that it can't be levelled that Petey was the only change."

So if you were picking the team for Sunday would you put Petey back in?  If your answer to that is yes, then what point are you trying to make.

moysider

1.   David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites

2.   Michael Hall - Breaffy

3.   Kevin Keane - Westport

4.   Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis (Capt.)

5.   Lee Keegan - Westport

6.   Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore

7.   Colm Boyle - Davitts

8.   Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy

9.   Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe

10.Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber

11.Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore

12.Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

13.Michael Conroy - Davitts

14.Alan Freeman - Aghamore

15.Mark Ronaldson - Shrule/Glencorrib

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:02:48 PM

Holy feck! ;)

tiempo

Quote from: Rodman on February 06, 2015, 08:51:27 PM
Harte is a class footballer, and would get on any County team, silly dig because he is related to Mickey Harte.

Stop already, lose the chip!  Peter Harte is worth his place, what's Tiarnán Mc Cann's family connection?

My first post on the topic Hes saying, "yep you got us into this mess but nephew Peter is fit so he's straight back in as normal regardless and one other token change so that it can't be levelled that Petey was the only change."

So if you were picking the team for Sunday would you put Petey back in?  If your answer to that is yes, then what point are you trying to make.

Answer is no, i would put barry tierney in, as people have been saying lads need a fiar crack of the whip, like petey has had more than anyone else. The point i am making is nepotism, inconsistent selection criteria, favouritism and round pegs in square holes. But Mickey just couldnt leave Petey out and had to make a second token change to avoid the obvious criticism.

If Mickey is trying to give the team of last week the chance to redeem itself then you go 1-15, if hes going off performances last week in selecting this weeks team then you make 3 or 4 changes.

muppet

Michael Hall will hardly play RCB, will he?

If not who will?
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: muppet on February 06, 2015, 09:16:36 PM
Michael Hall will hardly play RCB, will he?

If not who will?

Beats me. No Barrett there to shore things up like he did the last day.
Good to see lads get a run. Likes of Cillian and Aidan to come in for last half hour. Hopefully we ll have enough.

ose 14

Peter harte well worth his place along with ronan o neill the two most naturally gifted footballers in the team. an easy dig to say that he plays because of mickey i have a feeling he would play a lot better if mickey wasnt about. his big uncle doesent appear to know petees best position. as someone has already said tiernan mccann must be cutting mickeys grass or washing his car and the wee bearded one is repaying a favour. cant see what he brings at least when he had the beard he stood out. hes a non contact 10 or 5.

moysider

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:02:48 PM

Holy feck! ;)

Are you fancying it a bit more now Sráth Bán? ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:32:42 PM

If you're about Castlebar tomorrow around 4pm moysider (a bit away for you on the eve, I do realise ;) ), I'll divulge all. Suffice it to say right now, I'm going more for the craic than the expectation, but sure, no better place to go in wild optimism and Mick Byrne knows our medicine, to be sure! ;)

moysider

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2015, 09:44:38 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:32:42 PM

If you're about Castlebar tomorrow around 4pm moysider (a bit away for you on the eve, I do realise ;) ), I'll divulge all. Suffice it to say right now, I'm going more for the craic than the expectation, but sure, no better place to go in wild optimism and Mick Byrne knows our medicine, to be sure! ;)

I see Donegal pick their championship team. Ours is an FBD selection. Not that I m complaining because we have to find out a bit more. A friend just text that we have only 2 championship forwards starting, 1 midfielder and 4 defenders (1 of whom is playing in midfield). Harsh maybe but that would be a common enough view down here. You have plenty reason for optimism.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:52:58 PM
I see Donegal pick their championship team. Ours is an FBD selection. Not that I m complaining because we have to find out a bit more. A friend just text that we have only 2 championship forwards starting, 1 midfielder and 4 defenders (1 of whom is playing in midfield). Harsh maybe but that would be a common enough view down here. You have plenty reason for optimism.

Get away outta that, with your oul plamás! ;)

The All-Ireland champs had trouble enough with your 'FBD' selection last weekend, sure we'll give it a rattle anyway! :)

LeoMc

Quote from: tiempo on February 05, 2015, 11:22:20 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 05, 2015, 10:56:07 PM
Quote from: In hiding on February 05, 2015, 10:54:22 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 05, 2015, 10:40:06 PM
Quote from: tiempo on February 05, 2015, 10:24:39 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 05, 2015, 10:14:35 PM
Yep...he's saying 'you got us into this mess'......

Makes a difference from last year when there was a lot of chopping.

Hes saying, "yep you got us into this mess but nephew Peter is fit so he's straight back in as normal regardless and one other token change so that it can't be levelled that Petey was the only change."

One question on Niall McKenna at 15. Niall will have played underage and Senior with Donaghmore, Tyrone U18, U21 & Senior, and Colleges football with Dungannon Academy and Queens. Is there any other manager that he has played for that has considered him a corner forward?

In my opinion the lad is not an inside forward at Senior county level. Worth a go elsewhere, maybe, but why are we putting square pegs in round holes... again.

Are you saying peter Harte shouldn't be on? He would have started last week only for the fact he was unavailable. Tierney didn't take his chance so makes sense to bring Harte back in. Nothing to do with him being a nephew so not sure why you feel the need to bring that into it.

Wonder why justy isn't on. He had a good McKenna cup. Could easily fit into into the half back line and move one of the other boys up.

I think corner forward could be only chance McKenna has. Doesn't have the size for midfield and hadn't impressed at half forward.
why do you always feel the need to defend every decision that mickey makes...
are you related

Cause it's constant complaining and unbalanced criticism on here. I'm not sure what relevance peter Harte being his nephew had in terms of him starting on Sunday.

Raising a point of frustration against mickeys selection criteria. Peter is a class footballer but there is always a place found for him regardless of form, hes had extended spells at CHF, CHB, wing back and wing forward, he was brought in very soon after minor which isnt how Mickey typically opertates and has had more than a fair crack, barry tierney was left hung out to dry in kerry 1:1 v o'donaghue with no protection or pressure on the ball going in and wasnt seen again for months,he was omaghs outstanding performer in the ulster club championship and is dropped second game into the NFL.

Anyway i wouldnt try and second guess a fella who drops players by text message and played ciaran gourley at CHF in an all ireland quarter final v Mayo, square pegs for round holes i'm telling ya
He looked good going forward in a very defensive team which generally covered his defensive weakness, the Ulster final being a great example.
That said I think he deserves another chance at half back but then so does Lee Brennan.

Rodman

Quote from: tiempo on February 06, 2015, 09:09:21 PM
Quote from: Rodman on February 06, 2015, 08:51:27 PM

Answer is no, i would put barry tierney in, as people have been saying lads need a fiar crack of the whip, like petey has had more than anyone else. The point i am making is nepotism, inconsistent selection criteria, favouritism and round pegs in square holes. But Mickey just couldnt leave Petey out and had to make a second token change to avoid the obvious criticism.

If Mickey is trying to give the team of last week the chance to redeem itself then you go 1-15, if hes going off performances last week in selecting this weeks team then you make 3 or 4 changes.

So you think Tierney is a better player than Harte - you must be the only person in the County. I don't think Mickey's focus is to give the players a chance to redeem themselves, he is probably more focused in winning the game so he picks the best team meaning Harte on and Tierney off.

Fuzzman

Where's all the Mayo wans?
Usually they would be on page 50 by now.