Mayo v Tyrone Sunday 8th February 2015

Started by Redhand Santa, February 02, 2015, 10:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: ONeill on February 05, 2015, 10:14:35 PM
Yep...he's saying 'you got us into this mess'......

Makes a difference from last year when there was a lot of chopping.

Hes saying, "yep you got us into this mess but nephew Peter is fit so he's straight back in as normal regardless and one other token change so that it can't be levelled that Petey was the only change."

One question on Niall McKenna at 15. Niall will have played underage and Senior with Donaghmore, Tyrone U18, U21 & Senior, and Colleges football with Dungannon Academy and Queens. Is there any other manager that he has played for that has considered him a corner forward?

In my opinion the lad is not an inside forward at Senior county level. Worth a go elsewhere, maybe, but why are we putting square pegs in round holes... again.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: tiempo on February 05, 2015, 10:24:39 PM

Hes saying, "yep you got us into this mess but nephew Peter is fit so he's straight back in as normal regardless and one other token change so that it can't be levelled that Petey was the only change."

One question on Niall McKenna at 15. Niall will have played underage and Senior with Donaghmore, Tyrone U18, U21 & Senior, and Colleges football with Dungannon Academy and Queens. Is there any other manager that he has played for that has considered him a corner forward?

In my opinion the lad is not an inside forward at Senior county level. Worth a go elsewhere, maybe, but why are we putting square pegs in round holes... again.

Are you saying peter Harte shouldn't be on? He would have started last week only for the fact he was unavailable. Tierney didn't take his chance so makes sense to bring Harte back in. Nothing to do with him being a nephew so not sure why you feel the need to bring that into it.

Wonder why justy isn't on. He had a good McKenna cup. Could easily fit into into the half back line and move one of the other boys up.

I think corner forward could be only chance McKenna has. Doesn't have the size for midfield and hadn't impressed at half forward.

In hiding

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 05, 2015, 10:40:06 PM

Are you saying peter Harte shouldn't be on? He would have started last week only for the fact he was unavailable. Tierney didn't take his chance so makes sense to bring Harte back in. Nothing to do with him being a nephew so not sure why you feel the need to bring that into it.

Wonder why justy isn't on. He had a good McKenna cup. Could easily fit into into the half back line and move one of the other boys up.

I think corner forward could be only chance McKenna has. Doesn't have the size for midfield and hadn't impressed at half forward.
why do you always feel the need to defend every decision that mickey makes...
are you related

Redhand Santa

Quote from: In hiding on February 05, 2015, 10:54:22 PM

are you related

Cause it's constant complaining and unbalanced criticism on here. I'm not sure what relevance peter Harte being his nephew had in terms of him starting on Sunday.

rodney trotter

Harte is a class footballer, and would get on any County team, silly dig because he is related to Mickey Harte.

moysider

Hopefully ye Tyronies are still bickering among yerselves Sunday evening  :D; but I m a bit apprehensive about this.

2 years ago we seemed well in control but lost against the head - largely down to a bit of brilliance from Stephen O Neill.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 05, 2015, 11:00:01 PM
Harte is a class footballer, and would get on any County team, silly dig because he is related to Mickey Harte.

Agreed. No need for any familial aspersions.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tiempo

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 05, 2015, 10:56:07 PM
Quote from: In hiding on February 05, 2015, 10:54:22 PM

are you related

Cause it's constant complaining and unbalanced criticism on here. I'm not sure what relevance peter Harte being his nephew had in terms of him starting on Sunday.

Raising a point of frustration against mickeys selection criteria. Peter is a class footballer but there is always a place found for him regardless of form, hes had extended spells at CHF, CHB, wing back and wing forward, he was brought in very soon after minor which isnt how Mickey typically opertates and has had more than a fair crack, barry tierney was left hung out to dry in kerry 1:1 v o'donaghue with no protection or pressure on the ball going in and wasnt seen again for months, he was omaghs outstanding performer in the ulster club championship and is dropped second game into the NFL.

Anyway i wouldnt try and second guess a fella who drops players by text message and played ciaran gourley at CHF in an all ireland quarter final v Mayo, square pegs for round holes i'm telling ya

tiempo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 05, 2015, 11:14:46 PM

Nepotism, its a fairly well seen phenomenon.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tiempo on February 05, 2015, 11:27:45 PM

Stop already, lose the chip!  Peter Harte is worth his place, what's Tiarnán Mc Cann's family connection?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

There's a growing baying crowd at the minute regarding Mickey and Peter often bares the brunt when Mickey is under pressure. I'd say there is very few people who would honestly leave Peter Harte out of their starting 15. Over the next few weeks we will have Conor Clarke back, Justy in and Matty and Petey in the forward line. I'm becoming more confident by the day.....
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

Get used to the bickering opposing fans. It will be like thus all year I'm afraid.
Petey is definitly one of our better players but a bit like Big Sean, Mattie & many others we can't find his best position. Tinkerman has eaten away at players confidence the last few years.

nrico2006

I honestly think that the handling of Peter Harte is the way Mickey should have been treating all other exceptional minors he has tried to bring through.  He didn't wait 3 or 4 years with Peter, and gave him enough minutes on the pitch irrelevant of performance to get the necessary confidence and experience required to adjust to this level.  The treatment of Tierney and countless others just highlights the way Harte operates with the majority of non-favourites.  As for Peter Harte, he is one of our better players and should be one of the first names on the team sheet, gets a lot of abuse but does a lot of good things in every game. 

Our best performance from an attacking perspective last year was v Mayo when Matty Donnelly, McCurry and RON were let loose together up front - for some strange reason that line-out has not been replicated since, you would wonder why?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Chimley

Donnelly was kicking them over from all angles in that game ably assisted by McCurry as I recall.

tiempo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 05, 2015, 11:33:36 PM
Quote from: tiempo on February 05, 2015, 11:27:45 PM

Stop already, lose the chip!  Peter Harte is worth his place, what's Tiarnán Mc Cann's family connection?

My first post on the topic Hes saying, "yep you got us into this mess but nephew Peter is fit so he's straight back in as normal regardless and one other token change so that it can't be levelled that Petey was the only change."