Kerry v Mayo NFL D1; Round 1

Started by Farrandeelin, January 28, 2015, 05:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

No win situation for Mayo. As in win the match and it won't matter a jot in Aigust (when we can't beat them), lose it and can't beat Kerry's second/third string side.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mjg

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2015, 05:51:25 PM
No win situation for Mayo. As in win the match and it won't matter a jot in Aigust (when we can't beat them), lose it and can't beat Kerry's second/third string side.

I missed your optimism Farr.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Can we lock this thread as a mark of respect to Eugene McGee?

moysider

A win is two points and a step away from relegation; so a win is important imo. Nothing to do with last August or any August afaic. We ve beaten them below in the league before.

Anyway the new management have to forget about August. Last time they never saw August. They have plenty to do before they can start thinking about August.

Anybody know who is available for this gig? We seem to be defo. without Cillian  (according to Mayo News, he s suspended*), Dillon and Andy.
Higgins, Aido, Caff, Conroy and Parsons all doubtful with injuries. Have we seen Cunniffe back yet?

We could have a second/third string out as well 'deelin.

larryin89

Higgans and Aido back training last week I think.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

But unlikely to figure I believe.

Should be a chance for some youngsters to put up their hands.

Clarkie, Donie, Keegan, Boyler, Seamie, Doc, Kevin Mac and Freeman will have to backbone the team.

Cillian can t be suspended for this match and championship match can he?
So it looks like he will serve the suspension in the league because the suspension is grade specific rather than competition specific. Lets hope so.

Blowitupref

Quote from: moysider on January 28, 2015, 08:48:36 PM

A win is two points and a step away from relegation; so a win is important imo. Nothing to do with last August or any August afaic. We ve beaten them below in the league before.

Anyway the new management have to forget about August. Last time they never saw August. They have plenty to do before they can start thinking about August.

Anybody know who is available for this gig? We seem to be defo. without Cillian  (according to Mayo News, he s suspended*), Dillon and Andy.
Higgins, Aido, Caff, Conroy and Parsons all doubtful with injuries. Have we seen Cunniffe back yet?

So Mayo missing about 4 or 5 starters while Kerry will be without 9 or 10 starters. 4 wins from 7 is normally enough for semi final spot something this Mayo panel will surely target again.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Banter Panther

I reckon Kerry are going to be pretty poor again throughout the league if I'm being honest. They've just about stayed up the past two years. I don't expect them to be relegated, but it's clear that Fitzmaurice uses it for giving just about everyone with even a minor shout of a championship place a go.

I also foresee more of the 'Kerry are finished' rubbish from both journos and football hipsters, based on two or three bad defeats. I'd make Kerry second favourites for the championship, regardless of whether they win the league or lose all seven games.
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

moysider

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 28, 2015, 09:22:53 PM
Quote from: moysider on January 28, 2015, 08:48:36 PM

So Mayo missing about 4 or 5 starters while Kerry will be without 9 or 10 starters. 4 wins from 7 is normally enough for semi final spot something this Mayo panel will surely target again.

Not sure it's been a target. It seems that we often end up in league semis and finals and then perform like we wish we weren t there in the first place. Last year's Derry game being a classic case.
If the new management's campaign ended so badly I m not sure they could recover the season. Horan had 3 solid championships under his belt and a bad league semi wasn t as damaging as it might have been.

From the Bunker

It does not matter if we win or lose! It's only the league. In fact it's really a win/win situation. If we lose nobody will remember it even if it is to a 5th/6th string Kerry outfit. If we win, we've beaten the AI Champions away and nobody will remember it. So the glass is not half full or half empty, because there is no glass!

Mayo Club 51

Seems to be a fairly big crowd heading down to Killarney. Anyone that's heading down Saturday we will be having a meet up in "Tatler Jacks" on Saturday night. We have some details posted on the site if anyone's interested, http://mayoclub51.com/killarney-come/

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2015, 10:32:54 PM

It does not matter if we win or lose! It's only the league. In fact it's really a win/win situation. If we lose nobody will remember it even if it is to a 5th/6th string Kerry outfit. If we win, we've beaten the AI Champions away and nobody will remember it. So the glass is not half full or half empty, because there is no glass!

True. But this new management need to win early and often.

rosnarun

will morgan lyons Start . hes a player that passed me by completelty any one know much about him . he seemed to have a good FBD campaign . any relation of Jimmy?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ballinaman

Quote from: rosnarun on January 29, 2015, 10:24:01 AM
will morgan lyons Start . hes a player that passed me by completelty any one know much about him . he seemed to have a good FBD campaign . any relation of Jimmy?
Pace to burn, could be faster than zippy. Might be a but raw yet but glad to see he's been given a shot. Outstanding for Ballyhaunis this year by all accounts.