NFL Division 3 2015

Started by FermGael, January 26, 2015, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

It was someone getting on to the ref about how long it was taking Quigley to take the free (personally didnt think he took all that long). When he sweetly struck it over he turned and blew a few kisses! Fair enough!

tippabu

Limerick were absolutely woeful today, worst display of shooting ive ever seen. They created plenty of chance but some of their misses were dreadful, us on the otherhand were outstanding and brilliantly clinical for the first 20 mins and had the game pretty much put to bed at that stage, we got really sloppy and turned over the ball alot in the middle of the match and then we finished strongly again for the final 15 mins. Fog was really bad today, was a worry at ht the the game could have been called off and you really know its bad when the stadium announcer comes over the speakers and announces that "for anyone who can't see the score board its tipperary 1-9 Limerick 1-1" midway through the second half.

Fermanagh next who will be full of confidence, Over the last few years we have really upped our league performances following the break, hopefully we can do the same again this year, a win in enniskillen and we will have 3 of our remaining 4 games at home. Louth beating Clare today was a big boost to our chance.

ck

I worry for Sligo this year, I think we could be starring Div 4 in the face!!

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 08, 2015, 11:20:35 AM
The Railway Cup is played over the next 2 weekends ,and the Sigerson Cup in that period too.
I thought the Railway cup was moved back to December?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sligoman2

Quote from: ck on February 08, 2015, 11:44:30 PM
I worry for Sligo this year, I think we could be starring Div 4 in the face!!

I share your concern ck.  we were cleaned out at midfield and one of our starting midfielders was making his debut I heard.  Listening to the game was depressing, terrible passing, silly fouls, picking the ball off the ground, kicking it over the sideline, silly shots etc... 

I haven't been this pessimistic for a long time, we need real midfielders and pick up the breaks, which we didn't' do today.  I heard that Hughes did well when he went ff for the last 10 mins.  We need to play smarter football and quickly....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Orior

Will Armagh have to suffer the ignominy of beating Tipp again in the League final?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tippabu

Quote from: Orior on February 09, 2015, 10:13:51 AM
Will Armagh have to suffer the ignominy of beating Tipp again in the League final?

Hopefully tipp (who have more football all ireland than armagh) will get another craic at the mighty Armagh in Croke park!!!, lot more games to go before that though.

FermGael

Quote from: tippabu on February 09, 2015, 10:37:57 AM

Hopefully tipp (who have more football all ireland than armagh) will get another craic at the mighty Armagh in Croke park!!!, lot more games to go before that though.

Hopefully we can pick up 2 more points to avoid relegation
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

tippabu

Quote from: FermGael on February 09, 2015, 11:03:42 AM

Hopefully we can pick up 2 more points to avoid relegation

I wish we had the luxury of only needing two more points!! Seriously though the game in Enniskillen itis pivotal to either of our hopes at gaining promotion, we are certainly hoping armagh win out the rest of their games now (until the final that is!!)

Orior

lol. Good come back!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tippabu

Quote from: Orior on February 09, 2015, 12:21:45 PM

lol. Good come back!

I'm happy with it, better than having that little englander attitude towards things

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 08, 2015, 12:34:33 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2015, 03:31:51 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 06, 2015, 12:20:26 PM
Was it the same with Walsh and Pat Flanagan?

When was the last time Sligo won a Connacht Minor or u21 title?  Roscommon a similar size County have a greatpredigree under age, Sligo don't even compete in the Hastings Cup

I don't think Walsh or Flanagan ever managed Waterford but you seem to know it all so please enlighten us? Or are you bullshitting about something you know nothing about?

Believe you me not many have a better idea of the problems we have in Sligo, mostly self inflicted, but those problems won't stop me stop commenting on managers if they are not making the most of what we have.

Sickens my hole this shite - ye haven't won anything at underage so ye are shite, live with it. Sligonian had the same shit from people here before. We have limited resources but what's wrong with expecting to make the best of them? That hasn't happened in years which adds to the frustration.

Did I say they managed Waterford? I was referring to them managing Sligo

Sligo teams at all levels were poor last year in the Connacht Club championship as well as poor Under age record, it might not all be the managers fault
Ive noticed on here over the years the same old same old, stuff said and I'm just bored of it, thats why i rarely post anymore, Rodney your not saying anything that hasn't been already pointed out to us many many many many times before by people who never see our underage teams play, schools teams, club teams play or even our seniors play, the truth is we go to Sligo underage games now and just look at player potential rather than if we a re going to win or not, (there are many reasons we don't win at underage) and what we have a few coming through, that said this year at senior we have no hope, no hope at all, carew is making a disaster of it especially so tactically and team selection wise atm, you can spin it that we don't have the players but he is not maximising our current potential. We will do very well to win 2 matches imo and that might not be enough to avoid relegation, and Roscommon will destroy us in the summer in the CSFC.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 28, 2015, 02:00:20 PM
Quote from: Old yeller on January 28, 2015, 11:52:32 AM
Quote from: twohands!!! on January 27, 2015, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 27, 2015, 03:58:18 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on January 26, 2015, 05:22:29 PM
Armagh surely have to up - if they don't Geezer will surely be handed his walking papers.
Armagh won't try to get rid of geezer. In fact I don't think they could get rid of him. 5 year contract and all that

It's not an actual contract of employment; in the unlikely event that Armagh didnt get out of Division 3 Geezer would surely fall on his sword given he was taking about challenging for Sam when he took over.

1 year in Division 3 will do enough damage to Armagh's finances, a 2nd year would be a complete catastrophe.

A catastrophe? How do you work that out? Its not soccer. Will they lose out on Champions league money?

When the Armagh County board publish their accounts next year, you'll be able to see the difference clearly in their income as a result of being in Division 3.

I'm probably overstating it a bit with catastrophe but the finances will take a serious hit (if they are there for a second year, then it wil be even harder)- the thing is that it isn't going to be the senior footballers who suffer from any shortages in money - it will be other areas of the county that take the hit.

QuoteArmagh are one of the best supported countys in the country considering how small per head we actually are. I would even say the more of an underdog we are the more we tend to get behind them. For the first time in a long while the right people seem to be in charge regarding finance in the CB and missing out on promotion will now make or break Armagh. Dont get me wrong on the pitch its a must for this team, however, i dont know where the facts are or how you've come to this conclusion but i'll have to strongly disagree with you on that one.

Armagh fans outnumbered wexford 3/1 yesterday with an estimated 2000 Armagh fans traveling.

I think that sort've puts that argument to bed.

tippabu

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on February 09, 2015, 02:23:02 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on January 28, 2015, 02:00:20 PM
Quote from: Old yeller on January 28, 2015, 11:52:32 AM
Quote from: twohands!!! on January 27, 2015, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 27, 2015, 03:58:18 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on January 26, 2015, 05:22:29 PM
Armagh surely have to up - if they don't Geezer will surely be handed his walking papers.
Armagh won't try to get rid of geezer. In fact I don't think they could get rid of him. 5 year contract and all that

It's not an actual contract of employment; in the unlikely event that Armagh didnt get out of Division 3 Geezer would surely fall on his sword given he was taking about challenging for Sam when he took over.

1 year in Division 3 will do enough damage to Armagh's finances, a 2nd year would be a complete catastrophe.

A catastrophe? How do you work that out? Its not soccer. Will they lose out on Champions league money?

When the Armagh County board publish their accounts next year, you'll be able to see the difference clearly in their income as a result of being in Division 3.

I'm probably overstating it a bit with catastrophe but the finances will take a serious hit (if they are there for a second year, then it wil be even harder)- the thing is that it isn't going to be the senior footballers who suffer from any shortages in money - it will be other areas of the county that take the hit.

QuoteArmagh are one of the best supported countys in the country considering how small per head we actually are. I would even say the more of an underdog we are the more we tend to get behind them. For the first time in a long while the right people seem to be in charge regarding finance in the CB and missing out on promotion will now make or break Armagh. Dont get me wrong on the pitch its a must for this team, however, i dont know where the facts are or how you've come to this conclusion but i'll have to strongly disagree with you on that one.

Armagh fans outnumbered wexford 3/1 yesterday with an estimated 2000 Armagh fans traveling.

I think that sort've puts that argument to bed.

Brilliant support, fair play especially when you look at the tipp limerick game which could only draw less than 600.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 09, 2015, 02:09:15 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 08, 2015, 12:34:33 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2015, 03:31:51 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 06, 2015, 12:20:26 PM
Was it the same with Walsh and Pat Flanagan?

When was the last time Sligo won a Connacht Minor or u21 title?  Roscommon a similar size County have a greatpredigree under age, Sligo don't even compete in the Hastings Cup

I don't think Walsh or Flanagan ever managed Waterford but you seem to know it all so please enlighten us? Or are you bullshitting about something you know nothing about?

Believe you me not many have a better idea of the problems we have in Sligo, mostly self inflicted, but those problems won't stop me stop commenting on managers if they are not making the most of what we have.

Sickens my hole this shite - ye haven't won anything at underage so ye are shite, live with it. Sligonian had the same shit from people here before. We have limited resources but what's wrong with expecting to make the best of them? That hasn't happened in years which adds to the frustration.

Did I say they managed Waterford? I was referring to them managing Sligo

Sligo teams at all levels were poor last year in the Connacht Club championship as well as poor Under age record, it might not all be the managers fault
Ive noticed on here over the years the same old same old, stuff said and I'm just bored of it, thats why i rarely post anymore, Rodney your not saying anything that hasn't been already pointed out to us many many many many times before by people who never see our underage teams play, schools teams, club teams play or even our seniors play, the truth is we go to Sligo underage games now and just look at player potential rather than if we a re going to win or not, (there are many reasons we don't win at underage) and what we have a few coming through, that said this year at senior we have no hope, no hope at all, carew is making a disaster of it especially so tactically and team selection wise atm, you can spin it that we don't have the players but he is not maximising our current potential. We will do very well to win 2 matches imo and that might not be enough to avoid relegation, and Roscommon will destroy us in the summer in the CSFC.

May I ask Sligonian, as someone who lives in Sligo and does watch some Sligo club games, how good do you think Sligo could be if they played to their full potential? Do you consider them a Div 2 team and do you consider them serious contenders for Connacht? I'm genuinely interested to know.