NFL Round 1: Monaghan v Tyrone

Started by GrandMasterFlash, January 26, 2015, 02:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: comethekingdom on January 31, 2015, 09:11:47 PM
Watching Tyrone for manys the year now. Seen some great sides but jaysus this was terrible in the second half. I think they need a change of management at this stage to have any chance of regrouping and being serious AI contenders. Ive great respect for MH but its high time he stepped aside and let some else try and make a better trick of it.
I think any mention of "serious AI contenders" is ambitious regardless of who is managing Tyrone.

BennyCake

Quote from: tyroneboi on January 31, 2015, 09:15:14 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 31, 2015, 08:59:24 PM
It's the end of Tyrone as we know them... and I feel fine  8)

It was the end a few years ago!

Yes, but I like to remind myself about it  ;D

twohands!!!

4 points from play for Tyrone. 9 points overall and 4 wides.

Monaghan scored 1-13 ; 1-6 from play and kicked 11 wides.

Paddypower currently offering even money on Tyrone to be relegated.

Captain Obvious

Great win for Monaghan well done to them. Will Harte recall some of the lads dropped now?

orange

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 31, 2015, 09:04:50 PM
This is as bad a second half as I've seen in a long time from Tyrone. Too easily pushed off the ball, really poor decision making and a lack of discipline too. Ah well, at least we aren't Armagh.
U get humiliated and ur infatuation with Armagh kicks in , pityful! I attended and tyrone were poor, peter donnelly has alot of work to do, but transplanting a set of balls aint possible!

Bingo

Quote from: Bingo on January 30, 2015, 10:41:05 AM
Monaghan by 4 after pulling up.  8)

I sometimes get it wrong, they never pulled up.

Tyrone very very ordinary side. Was the McKenna cup paraded at half time?

BennyHarp

Quote from: orange on January 31, 2015, 09:47:10 PM
This is as bad a second half as I've seen in a long time from Tyrone. Too easily pushed off the ball, really poor decision making and a lack of discipline too. Ah well, at least we aren't Armagh.
U get humiliated and ur infatuation with Armagh kicks in , pityful! I attended and tyrone were poor, peter donnelly has alot of work to do, but transplanting a set of balls aint possible!

This was a response to an Armagh poster coming in to this thread to gloat - keep up!
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 31, 2015, 09:52:31 PM
Quote from: orange on January 31, 2015, 09:47:10 PM

This was a response to an Armagh poster coming in to this thread to gloat - keep up!

It wasn't gloating. It was just an observation ;)

redzone

maybe monaghan deserve some credit here.they are not a bad team.maybe next September we will look back on this night and say yeah I remember that night.before tonite id had Donegal and monaghan joined top teams in ulster then tyrone.nothing has changed.

timmyot501

Good performance by Monaghan after the opening 20 minutes. All the defenders did well. Hughes and jinxy had stormers. And even with beggan having an off day with the frees it was a great win. Also a fine debut for Mcanespie. Nice 2 points

TF15

You can change the management but unfortunately we are left with the same group of players. Other than Peter Harte that's pretty much a full compliment for us - brutal. Once again certain boys can't put two performances together. We are at best the 3rd best team in Ulster and that's very debatable. Where is the hunger in some lads though? They haven't established themselves in a Tyrone shirt, surely they are desperate to? Looking at young McAnespie of Monaghon tonight you seen that kind of desire. Monaghon were excellent in the second half! Peter Hughes first half performance the only positive for Tyrone.

babarino

While it was good pulling up in the last quarter, MOR will surely be looking at the wasted chances in the first three quarters. Monaghan were very much the better side throughout most of this match.

As for the Irish News line "Red Hands to restore old Farney order"  ::)

Rodman

Quote from: TF15 on January 31, 2015, 10:42:49 PM
You can change the management but unfortunately we are left with the same group of players. Other than Peter Harte that's pretty much a full compliment for us - brutal. Once again certain boys can't put two performances together. We are at best the 3rd best team in Ulster and that's very debatable. Where is the hunger in some lads though? They haven't established themselves in a Tyrone shirt, surely they are desperate to? Looking at young McAnespie of Monaghon tonight you seen that kind of desire. Monaghon were excellent in the second half! Peter Hughes first half performance the only positive for Tyrone.
Yes, but we should be doing a lot better with the players we have. The style of play, tactics and attitude come from the Management and it really does look like Mickey just doesn't know what to do or else is too stubborn to change.

armaghniac

Monaghan are a decent side and O'Rourke knows what he is at.

Poor enough crowd in Omagh for a game between neighbouring counties. Perhaps Tyrone people prefer to visit the Athletic Grounds, they can play Armagh there in Div 2 next season. 

Aaron useful at the commentating, he'll be doing a lot of this in a few years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyroneman

Driving up to this match I was hopeful. After 20min I was quietly pleased. Tyrone had purpose, were kicking quick ball in, moving it fast and looked solid. Then it all turned to sh!t.

At 7-2 we stopped doing what had worked and reverted back to the ponderous lateral handpassing nonsense that got us nowhere. Trying to break tackles and getting turned back every time.

And after that we didn't score for another 40 odd minutes.

Once Monaghan exerted a little pressure it was back to type from Harte. Sean pulled out of FF and we lost all momentum.

Then PJ and Hughes were taken off. Two of the best first half performers. Unbelievable.

You could talk about Paudie Hughes (slide tackles now allowed apparently) but he didn't beat us.

Too many players who didn't stand up to be counted. McNamee was never and is currently not a full back. McCarron still can't man mark. Tierney was anonymous and the great hope of Tyrone football RoN was shockingly bad. I don't think he touched the ball after the break until 15 min into the second half, not that he did anything with it when he did. 

Mattie going off was a big blow. Colm was justifiably frustrated with The Paudie Hughes Monaghan love in but should know better than to yap at a ref that always seems to love making the game all about him. 

What was really evident was the physical difference in teams. Bar Sean, Colm ,mcCarron and Mattie Monaghan looked like men against boys in physique and strength.

Harte doesn't seem to have any answers. Monaghan ( after 20)  looked like they were in cruise control.