Who can stop Roscommon?

Started by macdanger2, January 25, 2015, 06:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 27, 2015, 10:14:48 PM
As a rossie, i'm finding this thread extremely entertaining, even though it was obviously started as a wind up by a Mayo person... I'll guarantee ye one thing. If Ros win the Connacht title, a lot of the non Rossies on this thread won't be able to type 2 words about it afterwards.. How many pages will this thread go to. We're already on page 4 after 48 hours!!. Don't remember as much commotion after Leitrim's FBD win last year. As we say in Ros, '' the best is yet to come'' !!

Don't be silly Shrewness. I guarantee ye I ll be typing about it; and I admit to a fair degree of winding up too. Who doesn t?
This craic has shortened the winter and next weekend will have a new distraction with the beginning of the league.
But you have to admit one or two posters do big up Ros a bit.
Let's see how the league goes. Championship, as ever, sorts the wheat from the chaff.

Shrewdness

Moysider, i wasn't referring to you. You're one of the most fair minded posters on here. As you say, it's all a bit of harmless craic.

deiseach

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 27, 2015, 12:42:55 PM
Wonder what the hurling side of the house thought of that, especially given how football constantly seems to get the short straw in Waterford?

When's the last time the Waterford hurlers got any piece of silverware?

Um, 2010. Not exactly ancient times. I'm sure 'the hurling side of the house' were delighted.

deiseach

There are three constants in life: death, taxes, and Mayo and Roscommon lads brawling over Ballaghaderreen. I never get tired of the last one.

muppet

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0128/676097-mulherin-office/

A man has been questioned in connection with an incident at the Mayo constituency office of Fine Gael TD Michelle Mulherin.

The building in Ballina was affected by smoke damage after a small fire broke out yesterday evening.

A man in a primrose and yellow jersey said he claimed responsibility. He said he was reclaiming the historic town of Ballina for the proud shepherds of the Kazaknianish people. He stated that Ballina always belonged to the Kazaknianish and would once again be our make-glorious proud capital. He went on to say that people should learn their history and get their facts right.

A Roscommon spokesperson declined to comment but did manage an elaborate facepalm.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

What about all the expensive phone calls to Roscommon, Michelle? The plot thickens!

seafoid

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 27, 2015, 08:36:22 PM
Roscommon also lost the western side of Athlone around the same time. So all the soldiers, gardai, government workers who lived in the town.

Just in case ye are talking history.
Roscommon were probably better off without the barracks anyway. What a kip.
Syferian fantasy never includes the grim realities of army life.

Croí na hÉireann

Will be some push to move this from thread of the year. And it only January. Fantastic.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on January 27, 2015, 11:53:22 PM
As a rossie, i'm finding this thread extremely entertaining, even though it was obviously started as a wind up by a Mayo person... I'll guarantee ye one thing. If Ros win the Connacht title, a lot of the non Rossies on this thread won't be able to type 2 words about it afterwards.. How many pages will this thread go to. We're already on page 4 after 48 hours!!. Don't remember as much commotion after Leitrim's FBD win last year. As we say in Ros, '' the best is yet to come'' !!

Don't be silly Shrewness. I guarantee ye I ll be typing about it; and I admit to a fair degree of winding up too. Who doesn t?
This craic has shortened the winter and next weekend will have a new distraction with the beginning of the league.
Let's see how the league goes. Championship, as ever, sorts the wheat from the chaff.
Cuthbert the Cork manager said last summer that Mayo were streetwise.
And they know how to slowly kill teams that are less cute even if they haven't yet landed the big one.
Ros are nothing yet.  Lots of potential but nothing done.
I wouldn't have them as favourites for D2 either 

Put Up That Flag

What I would like to know from Syferus is how many all stars this juggernaut of a team has combined? Must be well into the 20s or 30s such is the quality of player available and the strength in depth? Cregger alone must have about 10 as nearly every year according to yourself he is a shoe in for player of the year

rrhf

Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2015, 10:39:41 AM
Quote from: moysider on January 27, 2015, 11:53:22 PM

Cuthbert the Cork manager said last summer that Mayo were streetwise.
And they know how to slowly kill teams that are less cute even if they haven't yet landed the big one.
Ros are nothing yet.  Lots of potential but nothing done.
I wouldn't have them as favourites for D2 either
how streetwise is cuthbert

seafoid

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on January 28, 2015, 11:28:12 AM
What I would like to know from Syferus is how many all stars this juggernaut of a team has combined? Must be well into the 20s or 30s such is the quality of player available and the strength in depth? Cregger alone must have about 10 as nearly every year according to yourself he is a shoe in for player of the year
Most of them will be in the UL hall of GAA fame by March at the latest

Rossfan

The only ones blowing sh1te about Ros are various rhubarbs.
Seafoidin is then responding to their excretions by pointing out that we're not that great.
Quicker the NFL starts the better to keep ye bucks occupied :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on January 28, 2015, 02:48:12 PM
The only ones blowing sh1te about Ros are various rhubarbs.
Seafoidin is then responding to their excretions by pointing out that we're not that great.
Quicker the NFL starts the better to keep ye bucks occupied :D
Real data. It is such a long time from September to February, isn't it ?

giveballaghback

ye are talking about westbanks and eastbanks, are ye in the middle east? ye are landgrabin from ros and sligo, watch out galway, we could even see the statue of liberty in clew bay, hup ya boy ya, come on the rossies