Looks like another Fundamentalist Muslim attack, this time in Paris.

Started by AZOffaly, January 07, 2015, 03:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 10:53:07 AM
Quote from: gallsman on January 09, 2015, 09:31:33 AM

Hypocritical coward. You attack others relentlessly for a misguided perception of their disdain for Jews while openly displaying naked contempt for Islam. And that's nothing to do with the image, which I couldn't give a toss about.

how does that image display "naked contempt for Islam" ?

See that's the point. I clearly stated that it was nothing to do with the image. Yet the populist, blustering propaganda machine you are simply ignored that and you went off on one regardless. YOU mentioned Jews in this thread. YOU mentioned Americans. You are a disgrace.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: gallsman on January 09, 2015, 11:02:52 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 10:53:07 AM
Quote from: gallsman on January 09, 2015, 09:31:33 AM

Hypocritical coward. You attack others relentlessly for a misguided perception of their disdain for Jews while openly displaying naked contempt for Islam. And that's nothing to do with the image, which I couldn't give a toss about.

how does that image display "naked contempt for Islam" ?

See that's the point. I clearly stated that it was nothing to do with the image. Yet the populist, blustering propaganda machine you are simply ignored that and you went off on one regardless. YOU mentioned Jews in this thread. YOU mentioned Americans. You are a disgrace.

Yeah, that's what I thought. You make patently untrue statements then cant back them up. There is nothing in anything that I have said that "displays contempt for Islam". Condemning Jihadis is not "displaying contempt for Islam". posting cartoons is not "displaying contempt for Islam".

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 09, 2015, 10:12:22 AM

This is another cartoon which makes my point. How is this a slag of Muhammad? It's obviously aimed at the people I was talking about. It's hard to be liked by idiots/dicks/arseholes/c***ts (cons is fairly flexible). Sums it up really. This one and the beheading one are fairly powerful statements, and neither are against Islam per se.

That is a good question. I have no idea how it is a slag of Muhammad. Maybe Gallman can explain since he is the latest expert on what is "naked contempt for Islam"

gallsman

Your pathetic comment on about the "precious prophet" shows your withering disregard for a religion of more than a billion people. Regardless of what you or I may think, the "prophet" (I don't know why you felt the need for inverted commas) is indeed precious to them.

This of course does not, nor is it an attempt to, justify the massacre in Paris. I don't expect you to pay any heed to this though and will shortly label me as an Islam extremist sympathiser to go with anti Semite and the usual baseless accusations you bandy about here.

muppet

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 01:16:01 AM
Quote from: muppet on January 09, 2015, 01:10:11 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 12:55:37 AM
Here is one for your caption competition Muppet. I paraphrased it a bit..I hope you wont be "offended"

"It is hard to be apologised for by idiots"

'It is hard to be loved by dicks' is the translation. I see why you like it.  ;D

Note: Here is a great blog for those afflicted with the need to use inappropriate "quotation marks": http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com

you do understand what paraphrased means right ?

jesus, you are as thick as you are opinionated

Yes Mike, everyone who disagrees with you is thick.

You are allowed to paraphrase and absurdly use quotation marks, but when I translate I am thick.

When you post you are 100% right, no matter how much hatred you espouse, when I post I am opinionated.

Do you see a pattern?
MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: muppet on January 09, 2015, 12:00:53 PM

Yes Mike, everyone who disagrees with you is thick

You are allowed to paraphrase and absurdly use quotation marks, but when I translate I am thick.

When you post you are 100% right, no matter how much hatred you espouse, when I post I am opinionated.

Do you see a pattern?

Yes, the pattern is that you resort to silly diversions like nit-picking on the usage of quotation marks when you are challenged. This is not the first time you have taken this route.

screenexile

Can we not separate these things... The attack in Paris is abhorrent, wrong, disgusting and all of these things which I think we all agree on.

What is going on in Palestine against the Muslims is also all of these things too. Something I think we can all agree on as well.

The Paris attack looks to be more of a concerted global jihad which we are in the middle of since the 9/11 attack. Unfortunately these jihadi groups are organised/intelligent/brainwashed and totally committed to destroying the West and it's pretty f**king scary that realistically there is no way of stopping it by legal means!

The whole situation is fucked and the frequency of these attacks is growing year on year . . . here's a question. How can we stop it?!!

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: gallsman on January 09, 2015, 11:58:40 AM
Your pathetic comment on about the "precious prophet" shows your withering disregard for a religion of more than a billion people. Regardless of what you or I may think, the "prophet" (I don't know why you felt the need for inverted commas) is indeed precious to them.

This of course does not, nor is it an attempt to, justify the massacre in Paris. I don't expect you to pay any heed to this though and will shortly label me as an Islam extremist sympathiser to go with anti Semite and the usual baseless accusations you bandy about here.

The "precious prophet" comment clearly refers to the fact we are being told that Muhammad is above ridicule. You know full well that is what it meant as it was perfectly clear from the context of the sentence i.e that we subjugate all humour and cower in deference to this deity.

The only thing that is pathetic here is your willfully feigned outrage on behalf of a billion muslims.

haveaharp

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Wasn't Gandhi a devout Hindu? And Bob Marley was certainly a believer in Yah almighty.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 12:43:00 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 09, 2015, 11:58:40 AM

The "precious prophet" comment clearly refers to the fact we are being told that Muhammad is above ridicule. You know full well that is what it meant as it was perfectly clear from the context of the sentence i.e that we subjugate all humour and cower in deference to this deity.

The only thing that is pathetic here is your willfully feigned outrage on behalf of a billion muslims.
Make a few jokes about the Holocaust if you think nothing is beyond satire and it's all a laugh.
You empty vessel.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 09, 2015, 10:12:22 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 01:16:01 AM
Quote from: muppet on January 09, 2015, 01:10:11 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 12:55:37 AM
Here is one for your caption competition Muppet. I paraphrased it a bit..I hope you wont be "offended"

"It is hard to be apologised for by idiots"

'It is hard to be loved by dicks' is the translation. I see why you like it.  ;D

Note: Here is a great blog for those afflicted with the need to use inappropriate "quotation marks": http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com

you do understand what paraphrased means right ?

jesus, you are as thick as you are opinionated

This is another cartoon which makes my point. How is this a slag of Muhammad? It's obviously aimed at the people I was talking about. It's hard to be liked by idiots/dicks/arseholes/c***ts (cons is fairly flexible). Sums it up really. This one and the beheading one are fairly powerful statements, and neither are against Islam per se.
But it was for some and had fatal consequences for the staff of Charlie Hebdo.
Like moysider put it, they  were dead men walking and they knew it.
Whether the cartoons were a slag of Muhammad or not is open to interpretation. I don't think many in the western world would but most people here are non-Islamists so wouldn't be too fussed about it one way or the other.
But supposing it was Jesus Christ who was being lampooned?
If someone in, say, the Bible belt in the USA or in East Belfast published cartoons of Jesus Christ, portraying him as a homosexual or as a wife-beater or whatever, do you think there'd be no violent reaction?
BTW, I don't know enough about the religion of Islam to state with certainty that  all Muslims would be offended by the cartoons in question but I think most would take their publication to be a gratuitous insult to their religious beliefs.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

AZOffaly

I said some of the cartoons were poor, or deliberately insulting, but if someone published a picture of Jesus crying because of clerical abuse of kids, or some other acts carried out by his followers, I wouldn't think it was aimed at Jesus Christ, but I'd think it was aimed at the people NOT following his teaching. I see most of these cartoons in the same way.

GJL

It's all kicking off in France today. God help the people that have been taken hostage.  :(